996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

me vs a couple stage 3 b5 s4s vids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 10:45 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EvilEmpirE
hey Drew....thanks for the kind words Are we on for GI on Sunday? Also.....gettting another nice GTG in the works, after M-day of course. LMK
yeap for sure. should be a good time....

Old 05-12-2007, 10:58 AM
EvilEmpirE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
We still need to meet up As far as a stg 3 S4 edging out a 996TT with ECU hell no... You know from my experiences in my friends M3 and stg2+ S4's, meanwhile the stg 3's were pulling who were with us but not even in the same realm as a stock 996TT, weird
i will say this Martin, my AWE Stage 3 car is tweaked....via MBC and Lemmiwinks. It is literally "night and day" difference between a Tweaked Stage 3 S4 and an "Off-the-Shelf" Stage 3 S4. Honestly....we're talking about 4-5+ carlengths. Here is a video to give you an idea of the difference between the 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVV-42ZY2n0

the comparo starts at the 42 second mark.....you can easily tell the difference between you "normal" Stage 3 S4 (camera car).....and a "tweaked" Stage 3 S4. Both cars run the SAME EXACT hardware and software. It's a pretty big difference.

Also, I don't have video (little mishap) but that same night as those videos I shot with Drew's 996TT, Drew would get me by a car or so....and I would get him as well.....depending on what speeds we start.

PS. We def need to meet up.....I'll be back in NY this summer, should be fun =)

Last edited by EvilEmpirE; 05-12-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:16 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
i will say this Martin, my AWE Stage 3 car is tweaked....via MBC and Lemmiwinks. It is literally "night and day" difference between a Tweaked Stage 3 S4 and an "Off-the-Shelf" Stage 3 S4. Honestly....we're talking about 4-5+ carlengths. Here is a video to give you an idea of the difference between the 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVV-42ZY2n0

the comparo starts at the 42 second mark.....you can easily tell the difference between you "normal" Stage 3 S4 (camera car).....and a "tweaked" Stage 3 S4. Both cars run the SAME EXACT hardware and software. It's a pretty big difference.

Also, I don't have video (little mishap) but that same night as those videos I shot with Drew's 996TT, Drew would get me by a car or so....and I would get him as well.....depending on what speeds we start.

PS. We def need to meet up.....I'll be back in NY this summer, should be fun =)
Very interesting, i must say im damn impressed, but its hard to come by someone who knows their exact setup or who tells the truth then lol... All the Stg 3 cars ive seen or ran didnt pull hard to my eye!

BUT i must say your car is fast, im game, my ankle is healing up from a type 3 sprain/stress fracture right now but i will be ready to rock when you are in NY for sure

Martin

Old 05-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Very interesting, i must say im damn impressed, but its hard to come by someone who knows their exact setup or who tells the truth then lol... All the Stg 3 cars ive seen or ran didnt pull hard to my eye!

BUT i must say your car is fast, im game, my ankle is healing up from a type 3 sprain/stress fracture right now but i will be ready to rock when you are in NY for sure

Martin
haha....well, i can definitely vouch for Bone-DocS4 and DVT27Ts cars running identical setups.....i checked their cars before the runs Plus....they are definitely both running the same AWE kit, just that we've tweaked the faster car.

hope everything goes well with recovery and healing on your ankle......I'll look forward to attending one of these NY/NJ area 6speed meets that Str8blst has been telling me about

Old 05-12-2007, 11:30 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
haha....well, i can definitely vouch for Bone-DocS4 and DVT27Ts cars running identical setups.....i checked their cars before the runs Plus....they are definitely both running the same AWE kit, just that we've tweaked the faster car.

hope everything goes well with recovery and healing on your ankle......I'll look forward to attending one of these NY/NJ area 6speed meets that Str8blst has been telling me about
Ok for sure, send me a PM whenever you are in town and i'll make it out!!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Ok for sure, send me a PM whenever you are in town and i'll make it out!!
excellent......hey one question, are you gonna keep both your RUF and GT3 once you get it?

Old 05-12-2007, 12:01 PM
excellent......hey one question, are you gonna keep both your RUF and GT3 once you get it?
It was my original intent, but now i see how pintless that would be at this time for me, im trying to do a lot of other things investment wise and i dont even drive this car really, so probably not! And although i love the 997 GT3, this GT2 with Moton's and the whole setup sounds and feels like a monsterous NA car throttle response and sound wise, with the power and acceleration of a rocket ship.. It also handles like a larger Lotus Exige, best of all worlds

Old 05-12-2007, 01:57 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I think I will have to agree with Martin on this one. I don't really think a STG3 S4 will pull on a chipped 996TT. If the S4 is on race gas "maybe" but not likely. You also have to look at the parameters of the race.. .60-130.... 0-130.... 1/4 mile etc... There are many ways to skin a cat so to speak... above 120-130 the S4 runs out of some steam so the 996TT will pull even more...

Here is a video of me (996TT stg2) vs my friends tweaked STG3 S4 which usually runs a 3.2-3.5 FATS time. As you can see my car pulled on him quite easily even though I gave him the jump every time to make it somewhat even....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NV01F4J0VB4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSOG6-EFgqI

One thing we all need to be aware of is that most of Jacksons runs are while he is "usually" using race fuel which gives a huge advantage... if both cars are using the same fuel then it will be a no contest... 996TT everytime... expecially if they are using a file to take advantage of higher octane (just like the S4 would)

stg3 S4 (race fuel w/tweaks) > stock 996TT
Stg3 s4 (93 oct) < STG2 996TT (93 oct)
STG3 S4 (race fuel) = < STG2 996TT (93oct)
STG3 S4 (race fuel) < STG2 996TT (race fuel file)
STG3 S4 (93oct) < STG3 (or better) 996TT .... every time.........

Old 05-12-2007, 02:03 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by str8blst
agree. however jackson and me are pretty much even when he is on race and i am on pump.

i want to see what happens after i get headers, intake, and the 1.2 bar evoms wastegates, and the GIAC race file....

but then he might roll up with jet fuel...LOL =)

Old 05-12-2007, 02:06 PM
i like this discussion. a lot of people underestime the b5 s4s and what they are capable of....

Old 05-12-2007, 02:16 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drewTT
i like this discussion. a lot of people underestime the b5 s4s and what they are capable of....
Very very true.... on most S4 forums people discuss the 996TT platforms as sort of a bench mark/yard stick for their own cars. S4's are extremely capable fast cars when modded properly. Jackson has done a good job of documenting his KILLS which include the new C6 ZO6! Crazy when you think about a 3500LB+ station wagon beating a sub 3200 lb race car (for all intensive purposes)

BTW: I truly believe that if Jackson could run Jet fuel that he would....

Old 05-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I think I will have to agree with Martin on this one. I don't really think a STG3 S4 will pull on a chipped 996TT. If the S4 is on race gas "maybe" but not likely. You also have to look at the parameters of the race.. .60-130.... 0-130.... 1/4 mile etc... There are many ways to skin a cat so to speak... above 120-130 the S4 runs out of some steam so the 996TT will pull even more...

Here is a video of me (996TT stg2) vs my friends tweaked STG3 S4 which usually runs a 3.2-3.5 FATS time. As you can see my car pulled on him quite easily even though I gave him the jump every time to make it somewhat even....

One thing we all need to be aware of is that most of Jacksons runs are while he is "usually" using race fuel which gives a huge advantage... if both cars are using the same fuel then it will be a no contest... 996TT everytime... expecially if they are using a file to take advantage of higher octane (just like the S4 would)

we always seem to get into this discussion I will say a couple things.....a "Tweaked" or very healthy running Stage 3 S4 on 93 "CAN" take a Stage 2 996TT on 93. Just look at some traps from some tweaked AWE as well as OTS ASP Stage 3 cars on pump 93. There are 117-118 MPH traps on 93 pump alone, which is strong enough to take a Stage 2 996TT.....given fuel being equal. Does not mean most Stage 3 S4's.....but the stronger and healthier running ones can.

The videos you posted.....(taken by me BTW) show your Stage 2 996TT vs Joe's Stage 3 S4, but again.....i will say that car had issues at the time, Joe would say that, and even you can attest to that as it "ONLY" put 350 whp down on the AWE DYNO that day.....and we were expecting Joe's car to put down 400 or MORE WHP. He had O2 and boost creep issues....which will totally hamper the performance of that car, especially as the RPMs climb, like in your runs.

Also, Stage 3 S4 being "even" or "losing" to a Stage 2 996TT? I'd go back to the 1st point on that one. Most Stage 3 S4's....yes, a Stage 2 996TT would take it up top. But again.....if it is a strong one (meaning Tweaked or say an ASP kit one running 22-24 psi of sustained boost) could definitely take a Stage 2 996TT, especially if the S4 is on racegas.

In last falls AWE Dyno day.....which you Dynoed 430 awhp, SJ6SPs car Dynoed 418 whp on PUMP 93. I won't say that Dan's S4 would of taken your Stage 2 996TT that day if you guys had ran, but we can agree it would have been a hell of a race (and MUCH CLOSER)??? considering that you ran Joe's S4 that put only 330-350 awhp and it was "kinda close" though you walked him after 100 mph? So SJ6SP's S4 (off-the-shelf ASP kit btw) that made anywhere from 70-90 whp more than Joe's S4 (HB with issues) could have made it a much different race no?

All I'm saying Al...is that it really depends what example you take. Just because you took Joe's Stage 3 S4 that day easily.....does no mean you would on every Stage 3 S4 that you come upon....even on the same gas. Hell....Joe's car only trapped xxx MPH, I won't mention what that number is....he can tell you....but its barely faster than a Stage 2+ car trap Oh....his FATs time later that day was in the 4.0-4.1 range, what on OTS AWE car would run.....not the 3.2-3.5 FATs you are thinking. Just some points to take into account.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Very very true.... on most S4 forums people discuss the 996TT platforms as sort of a bench mark/yard stick for their own cars. S4's are extremely capable fast cars when modded properly. Jackson has done a good job of documenting his KILLS which include the new C6 ZO6! Crazy when you think about a 3500LB+ station wagon beating a sub 3200 lb race car (for all intensive purposes)

BTW: I truly believe that if Jackson could run Jet fuel that he would....
Heh......... In reality though, I have not tried C12 nor C16 which is what would really maximize the Boost and Timing that I could run. I have always been on either 100, or VP103 (which is 99 motor octane) or VP109 (which is 101 motor octane) when i run racegas. I'd like to give C12 or C16 a try though......but I am not too sure about that Jet Fuel stuff

Old 05-12-2007, 03:31 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

My previous S4 set-up (tuned Stage 3+) walked by associate's chipped 996tt from any gear, even letting him get the hit, over and over. I agree that there are lots of differences between stage 3's S4.....

Old 05-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Some very good points Jackson. But trap speeds and 1/4 mile times are only good and relavant within the confines of that test. Highway rolls often top out over 140+ and also take up more distance than a 1/4 mile.... Yes this is a discussion you and I frequently have. I think it would be fair to say most times races are driver specific... meaning just how hard are they willing to push it and how fast? I also have to remind myself never to run you! LOL

I would love to see how your car would do against some of the locals here. When are you coming back again????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: me vs a couple stage 3 b5 s4s vids