996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

me vs a couple stage 3 b5 s4s vids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:10 PM
EvilEmpirE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drewTT
i like this discussion. a lot of people underestime the b5 s4s and what they are capable of....
it's just a family sedan/station wagon......how quick can it be?

Old 05-12-2007, 04:11 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff Drew, your TT is unreal, and insane right now with the K24's, always good hanging with you fella's.

I'll concur here with those who know, Jackson's Avant is the REAL DEAL, I've seen him pull on a C6 Z06 and run with a 997TT, it is extremely fast. Now if he could just get a good launch at the track. :P

This sunday will be fun Brotha's!

Old 05-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
My previous S4 set-up (tuned Stage 3+) walked by associate's chipped 996tt from any gear, even letting him get the hit, over and over. I agree that there are lots of differences between stage 3's S4.....
definitely alot of differences in Stage 3 S4's........especially compared to say a chipped and exhaust 996TT, which is fairly consistent in power output. IIRC, Mike@AWE said 90% of the 996TT's Dynoed there with chip and exhaust always put between 420-430 whp, and he called in right on the money with St8blst car

Old 05-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Some very good points Jackson. But trap speeds and 1/4 mile times are only good and relavant within the confines of that test. Highway rolls often top out over 140+ and also take up more distance than a 1/4 mile.... Yes this is a discussion you and I frequently have. I think it would be fair to say most times races are driver specific... meaning just how hard are they willing to push it and how fast? I also have to remind myself never to run you! LOL

I would love to see how your car would do against some of the locals here. When are you coming back again????
true.....but we usually do runs to in the 50/60-140 mph range (def go into 5th gear) just to make sure I'll be be back there in summer, looking forward to the sweet summers of NYC

Old 05-12-2007, 04:29 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Good stuff Drew, your TT is unreal, and insane right now with the K24's, always good hanging with you fella's.

I'll concur here with those who know, Jackson's Avant is the REAL DEAL, I've seen him pull on a C6 Z06 and run with a 997TT, it is extremely fast. Now if he could just get a good launch at the track. :P

thanks bro. time to update your sig though. you now have a supercharged beast of a bmw....

Old 05-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by DLSJ5

thanks bro........its just fun to get out do these fun comparisons, especially with true car Enthusiasts like you two And yep, I need to learn how to launch, and of course.....a clutch that will hold better than the weak RS4 would help alot

PS. Like Drew said......def time to update that Sig man, that VF SC kit is damn impressive!

Old 05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EvilEmpirE
we always seem to get into this discussion I will say a couple things.....a "Tweaked" or very healthy running Stage 3 S4 on 93 "CAN" take a Stage 2 996TT on 93. Just look at some traps from some tweaked AWE as well as OTS ASP Stage 3 cars on pump 93. There are 117-118 MPH traps on 93 pump alone, which is strong enough to take a Stage 2 996TT.....given fuel being equal. Does not mean most Stage 3 S4's.....but the stronger and healthier running ones can.
That would depend on which Stage 2 TT you're racing. There are some that trap 124-126 mph.

Mine trapped 126 at Stage 2 before I upgraded it, and another member of this forum recently trapped 124 in his Stage 2.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That would depend on which Stage 2 TT you're racing. There are some that trap 124-126 mph.

Mine trapped 126 at Stage 2 before I upgraded it, and another member of this forum recently trapped 124 in his Stage 2.
very true Scott.......point taken on that part as well. But you must say.....your car was def a freak, def stronger than others

Old 05-12-2007, 07:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
very true Scott.......point taken on that part as well. But you must say.....your car was def a freak, def stronger than others
Yes it sure was, and the driver as well

Come to NY soon, so i can lay the smackdown

Old 05-12-2007, 07:20 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
nice kills. the s4 certainly didnt look fast in the 1st vid, but looked better in the 2nd. you still were pulling hard, nice work.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:41 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
nice kills. the s4 certainly didnt look fast in the 1st vid, but looked better in the 2nd. you still were pulling hard, nice work.
in the first vid he was on the pump file making around 460 hp, so it is not slow by any means...

Old 05-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by drewTT
in the first vid he was on the pump file making around 460 hp, so it is not slow by any means...
for sure.....Drew, it is funny how your car can make a 460 HP car look slow Also, after he switched to racegas file/mapping.....he was much faster....he was even gaining on Drew's SC M3 up top!! If they kept going............. *ponders*

PS. That last line was to get Austin and Drew to run again soon

Old 05-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yes it sure was, and the driver as well

Come to NY soon, so i can lay the smackdown
i'm ready.....its ON!!! Question.....where do we do these runs?!? I know i could never get out of 3rd gear in NYC/Long Island traffic/roads. Maybe LIE at 4 am on a Sunday Morning?

Old 05-12-2007, 08:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
i'm ready.....its ON!!! Question.....where do we do these runs?!? I know i could never get out of 3rd gear in NYC/Long Island traffic/roads. Maybe LIE at 4 am on a Sunday Morning?
I have some great spots in mind from my street racing being a rebel days, which i havent seen in myself for the past few years And some people who will film and come out to play as well

NY does suck though, besides for our cars being so fast that it catches up to any person in front through half the gear, my damn car almost sideswipes cars next to me if i hit it in 2nd and even part of 3rd if im not careful

Old 05-12-2007, 09:46 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
for sure.....Drew, it is funny how your car can make a 460 HP car look slow Also, after he switched to racegas file/mapping.....he was much faster....he was even gaining on Drew's SC M3 up top!! If they kept going............. *ponders*

PS. That last line was to get Austin and Drew to run again soon
That's what he says but he sure looked the same size in my rear view mirror all the way up to 130ish I believe, haha.

lol, but no doubt after a few more miles of adapting he'd pull. I'm gonna need a higher rev limit and stage 2, even then I doubt I'd run even with you guys, let alone pull and def no chance against Drew's TT, but I still love the car and the VF kit, with just 5.3 psi it seems to be the real deal.

Last edited by DLSJ5; 05-12-2007 at 09:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: me vs a couple stage 3 b5 s4s vids