996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: EVO GT700 Owners - What Intake are you Using?
NEW Hitachi MAF with VFlow Intake
33.33%
NEW OEM MAF / Waffle Intake / VFlow combo
11.11%
OLD OEM MAF / VFlow Intake
33.33%
OLD OEM MAF / OEM Intake
22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

GT700 Owners - Input Required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
GT700 Owners - Input Required

I was interested in getting some feedback from all GT700 owners. I'm interested in what intake system you are using and how it's working for you.

Thanks for your input!

Mike

Old 05-12-2007, 04:29 PM
sfbimmer is infamous around these parts
Currently V-flow w/ OEM MAF... no probs thus far w/ ~4K miles.

Alex (Sharky) suggested I go w/ Hitachi MAF if/when my OEM one goes. I saw it the other day at his shop... it's a very nice piece from EVO.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I'm using the Hitachi intake with the new VFlow. Power seems to be very good. Car pulls quite hard. After extended hard pulls, the tends to run a little rough at idle and will throw a "lean bank 1 & 2" code. I built a cool boost tester and have repaired some boost leaks. This totally elliminated a "secondary air injection" code. I have to replace a couple of clamps to finish off the boost leak repairs. When doing the boost leak test, I was told the OEM boost gauge would show the boost in my system. Despite pumping 25 PSI into the system (I was told the EVO boost hoses would hold 28 PSI), the OEM gauge only shows 0.4 bar. I repaeded the preasurization about 6 times and 0.4 bar was all the OEM gauge would show. Any input as to how I get the full boost pressure showing? I was also considering replacing all 4 O2 sensors and wires. When I datalog after a hard pull, my short term fule trims and secondary O2 sensors tend to go wonky: ie Bank 1 = lean and bak 2 = rich. Would changing these to new pieces make any sense?

Old 05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
X1
prubin is infamous around these parts
I'm back to the OEM intake/MAF. I'd like to run the NEW Hitachi MAF with VFlow Intake, but I can't seem to get one.....

Originally Posted by Zippy
I was interested in getting some feedback from all GT700 owners. I'm interested in what intake system you are using and how it's working for you.

Thanks for your input!

Mike

Old 05-12-2007, 09:21 PM
168 is infamous around these parts168 is infamous around these parts
I'm using the Hitachi MAF with the V flow. It has been installed for over one month, and everytime after pushing the car, the engine light comes on. My local tech has told me it is similar to what zippy is getting. The car runs lean. I have been bringing the car to have the light reset every week.
Hope there is a fix for this soon

Old 05-12-2007, 09:49 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
new hitachi is going on Mon...

Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Howie. You have a P.M.

Mike

Old 05-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Im pushing over 720whp on my gt700 kit with the EVO v flow with a new dry fliter and the same maf Ive had all along. I beleive my Special Sauce Program from IA must be running the map sensor and not the maf cause Ive never and dont think I will ever have a problem with the stock maf. Im running over 27 psi of boost. thanks GL Mike

Suman

Steve suggested me ot switch to the hitachi but only if If I really start showing issues. I dont think im gonna have any if I dont have any yet.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I'm using the Hitachi intake with the new VFlow. Power seems to be very good. Car pulls quite hard. After extended hard pulls, the tends to run a little rough at idle and will throw a "lean bank 1 & 2" code. I built a cool boost tester and have repaired some boost leaks. This totally elliminated a "secondary air injection" code. I have to replace a couple of clamps to finish off the boost leak repairs. When doing the boost leak test, I was told the OEM boost gauge would show the boost in my system. Despite pumping 25 PSI into the system (I was told the EVO boost hoses would hold 28 PSI), the OEM gauge only shows 0.4 bar. I repaeded the preasurization about 6 times and 0.4 bar was all the OEM gauge would show. Any input as to how I get the full boost pressure showing? I was also considering replacing all 4 O2 sensors and wires. When I datalog after a hard pull, my short term fule trims and secondary O2 sensors tend to go wonky: ie Bank 1 = lean and bak 2 = rich. Would changing these to new pieces make any sense?

SOunds like Garrett Lim need to go back into R&D with this product no? are alot of people having hitachi maf issues? thanks

Old 05-13-2007, 11:18 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Stock MAF + Vflow and no issues for over a year.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:20 AM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
never worked right!

Old 05-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Maximus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DMK
never worked right!
AHA, There are some issues with the Hitachi MAF? I was trying to get info but from what I read the stock should work fine.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Maximus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
Im pushing over 720whp on my gt700 kit with the EVO v flow with a new dry fliter and the same maf Ive had all along. I beleive my Special Sauce Program from IA must be running the map sensor and not the maf cause Ive never and dont think I will ever have a problem with the stock maf. Im running over 27 psi of boost. thanks GL Mike

Suman

Steve suggested me ot switch to the hitachi but only if If I really start showing issues. I dont think im gonna have any if I dont have any yet.
What is this special sauce program?.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
I would like to get a answer this tjis MAf question too. Todd?

Old 05-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I'm using the Hitachi intake with the new VFlow. After extended hard pulls, the tends to run a little rough at idle and will throw a "lean bank 1 & 2" code. sensors
it seems liek the ecu is doing something funky wiht the new MAF... as if its switching maps on you....
funny thing is that we have Ford mafs and they work. I must stress that its NOT the maf that seems to be the issue its the coding of it... and I think that is where, if at all, GIAC is having problems...
just my opinion,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT700 Owners - Input Required