996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

5.46 second 60-130

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:08 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott !!!! Dayum that is a monster fer sure. Glad to hear its all back together and soon in your hands.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Great times Scott and very impressive for a full weight car.Thanks for keeping us updated!

Old 05-13-2007, 02:11 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Scott, Congrats! when all these cars are all done, we should have a track day in the northeast maybe VIR? Again congrats! I hope my car is just as fast . Be safe ...tom

Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Damn that's fast. Can't wait to see the final numbers.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Mark, Mike, Craig, Jean, Jamie, Bajo, and Joe. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support.

Tom, I think a trackday would be great! I'd love to do something like that. It'll have to be before the end of August if we want to do it this year, though. That's when I leave for 6-months in Iraq.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-13-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Mark, Mike, Craig, Jean, Jamie, Bajo, and Joe. Thanks. I really appreciate the support.

Tom, I think a trackday would be great! I'd love to do something like that. It'll have to be before the end of August if we want to do it this year, though. That's when I leave for 6-months in Iraq.
No love for little old me jk
A trackday is definitely in order though for us 6speeders, sometime this summer!

Old 05-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
No love for little old me jk
A trackday is definitely in order though for us 6speeders, sometime this summer!

Oops. Sorry Martin. Yes, of course I love you too.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:40 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Congrats, Scott.

Great time, I can't wait to see the 1/4 numbers, too.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I have about 200 lbs less then Scott... he should do really well.
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
congrats scottt- you have a beast

Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
That is a great time! 1/4 mile times are cool but the 60-130 are really intriguing to me.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Good stuff Scott!

Marksi, you're dead on the money. There's nothing wrong with doing all you can to achieve the goals, nothing at all.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Craig, the point is that we all do it for recognition and some sort of personal gratification that the money spent did not go in vain...
Sharky did it when he was running 1/4 times and was the first to run a 10 sec. run. He even sprayed the ICs with NOS. I could say "what's the point" as well. It's not liek He drove around town all the time with nos bottle spraying ICs...
Those vipers running 4.6 60 to 130.. do u think they did it on street tires with full interior? NO of course not. Im going after 4.6 and I can already tell u that IM in the 4s... just not posting... not yet at least.
I can bring up Tuners which I will refrain from using names becasue I dont want to start a war... but they liek I use MT drag radials and even CUSTOM 17 rims and SKINNIES in the front... ANd take out wait by using GT3 seats and go RWD... so I ask you- "whats the point" it's not like they run with skinnies on the street all the time or do they?
My point is that we all do what we can do to achieve targeted results...we can not defy gravity and as of now full weight 996tts have not run 4s 60 to 130s nor 9s at the strip... and probably never will.
Craig, Im not directing this towards you... dont get me wrong... nor did I take it personally... but Im sure you were referring to my car...
I set out with some numbers in mind and had to do what I had to do... it would be a shame if I didnt try ...
Mark,

First and foremost, congratulations on running a 4.x 60-130 mph. That is quite an achievement and I commend you!!!

Second, my post was not directed at you, nor anyone else in particular. As you correctly observe, others are implementing equally drastic and artificial techniques to achieve certain performance goals in 996TTs. Its all part of the game.

Third, I have no problem with people trying to attain the best possible performance times, and taking extraordinary measures to achieve these results. Viper owners do it. So do owners of Corvettes, Cobras, Audis, BMWs, etc etc. That being said, one cannot compare a 60-130 mph time on a 3000 lb. 996TT with a 60-130 mph time on a 3700 lb. 996TT and draw any meaningful conclusions. Likewise, one cannot compare ¼ mile times and traps when one car is running slicks and skinnies, on custom 17 inch wheels, and the other car is running PS2s on 19s. These variations in the set-up can translate to HUGE differences in time . . . HUGE differences . . . and cars producing similar power will record vastly different performance times, depending on these factors. You have gone to great lengths to lighten your car. EVOMS has as well with its shop car. When taking the car to the track, you both are using special wheel/tire combinations that you do not (and cannot) use on the street. That’s great! However, you cannot compare the times you (or EVOMS) achieve with these artificial, track specific, 3000 lb. set-ups to times records by others running full weight cars (e.g., JoeTwinT, Jamie, and Scott).

I commended Scott because he achieved an extraordinary time in his full weight car, set-up exactly as he will drive it around town. In my book, that is very cool. If I ever get the opportunity to test my car, I will do so without changing anything . . . full weight, street tires, etc. Using this approach, I can be confident that whatever time I record can be replicated whenever and wherever I am driving my car. There is something about that that appeals to me. On the other hand, I appreciate people like yourself who are willing to take the next step and gut your car for purposes of achieving the best possible times. That is very cool as well, and I have repeatedly commended your outstanding performance times. It is simply a different approach . . . neither is better or worse . . . just different.

Craig

Old 05-13-2007, 06:34 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great numbers Scott!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
For a cool comparison it's good to know that Todd did my 5.15 as well as Scott's... Yet I probably have 200 lbs less.
I have no doubt Scott will run better times...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.46 second 60-130