996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

5.46 second 60-130

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
5.46 second 60-130

Todd just ran a 5.46 second 60-130, and 4.68 100-200 kph in my car on a mix of 103 and 110 octane. I'm waiting on Kevin to let me know if the run passes review before I add it to the 60-130 list.

A couple things to keep in mind; he started in 3rd gear on the run, and probably would have gotten better results starting 2nd. Also, my car still has its full interior (including power/heated/leather seats and a rollbar), so it weighs quite a bit more than the top 3 cars on the list.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this initial run..but I plan on improving upon it when I get the car back.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-13-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:33 AM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Nice times, glad to see its finally up and kickin' ***.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Scott it's a 5.0 for sure. Get some weight out. Drag radials and go for it.
awesome,
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-13-2007, 11:36 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Great run Scott. If its on a mix of 103 and 110, does that mean its not at max boost?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thanks guys.

Mark - I'll probably play with it myself at its current weight for a while to see what I can do. Might switch to GT3 seats down the road. I do feel that I can beat 5.46 without any changes, though.

Geetee - Close to full boost, but not quite.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:53 AM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Very good numbers. Glad to see the car is on the road and nearing delivery.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:08 PM
EvilEmpirE is infamous around these parts
wow....thats kicking *** and moving!! When do you expect the car back?

Old 05-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Here's my 100-200 kph time compared to those from a 'Busa and Veyron:

Divexxtreme: 4.68
Hayabusa: 4.6
Veyron: 4.9

Empire, it should be in my hands this coming Friday or Saturday.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Congratulations Scott. That is a great first time!!!

I agree with you about not gutting the car solely to achieve a better time. Like you, I am more interested in my car's performance in the condition that I drive it in on a daily basis, as opposed to some artificial gutted state. I could remove my doors, truck lid, etc. and achieve better performance stats, but whats the point. IMHO, your posted time is particularly relevant and impressive precisely because the car is in its daily driving condition. Kudos my friend.

Craig

Old 05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
very impressive! congrats on the time, enjoy the car in good health

Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Todd started as a mad scientist, he seems to have gone completely insane!

Congratulations, let's get that validation confirmed.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:49 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Here's my 100-200 kph time compared to those from a 'Busa and Veyron:

Divexxtreme: 4.68
Hayabusa: 4.6
Veyron: 4.9

Empire, it should be in my hands this coming Friday or Saturday.
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN, big congrats Scott. And what is awesome about that time is , its a fully street weight car and im sure Todd did that run like anyone would do on the street with their fast street car, no prepping, this or that

Cant wait to see it in your hands, goodluck

Old 05-13-2007, 12:56 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Awesome first set of times Scott! I keep telling myself not to get sucked in....but I should have built my motor

Old 05-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Congratulations Scott. That is a great first time!!!

I agree with you about not gutting the car solely to achieve a better time. Like you, I am more interested in my car's performance in the condition that I drive it in on a daily basis, as opposed to some artificial gutted state. Craig
Craig, the point is that we all do it for recognition and some sort of personal gratification that the money spent did not go in vain...
Sharky did it when he was running 1/4 times and was the first to run a 10 sec. run. He even sprayed the ICs with NOS. I could say "what's the point" as well. It's not liek He drove around town all the time with nos bottle spraying ICs...
Those vipers running 4.6 60 to 130.. do u think they did it on street tires with full interior? NO of course not. Im going after 4.6 and I can already tell u that IM in the 4s... just not posting... not yet at least.
I can bring up Tuners which I will refrain from using names becasue I dont want to start a war... but they liek I use MT drag radials and even CUSTOM 17 rims and SKINNIES in the front... ANd take out wait by using GT3 seats and go RWD... so I ask you- "whats the point" it's not like they run with skinnies on the street all the time or do they?
My point is that we all do what we can do to achieve targeted results...we can not defy gravity and as of now full weight 996tts have not run 4s 60 to 130s nor 9s at the strip... and probably never will.
Craig, Im not directing this towards you... dont get me wrong... nor did I take it personally... but Im sure you were referring to my car...
I set out with some numbers in mind and had to do what I had to do... it would be a shame if I didnt try ...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 05-13-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:02 PM
KPG just emailed me. He'll review the graph later this evening.

If it passes, great. If not, I'll simply do it again. No drama.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-13-2007 at 02:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.46 second 60-130