996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Ando198 is infamous around these parts
I contested one by mail and had it dismissed. It was for ~15 over/unsafe speed.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:53 AM
clt8981 is infamous around these parts
Got a 91 in a 55 before...in my 93 honda accord back in 99...learned my lesson...ha

Old 09-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Bill W is infamous around these parts
I got a ticket for 75 in a 45 and lost my license for 30 days, but I was on my motorcycle.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:13 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by clmat
Anyone with tickets thrown out by the court?
When I was younger I had a judge find me not guilty when I showed for a hearing on a speeding ticket where the cop had paced me rather than use radar. I've also had cops pull me over a couple of times where I flew by them doing 30 or 40mph over the limit but they didn't have their gun ready to clock me, and they all let me go when I wouldn't admit to speeding.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I was driving on Alligator Alley heading towards Miami and got hit with a 101 mph ticket.. not sure what the speed limit was but I am sure I was 30+ over the limit. The old fart cop walked up to my window and said "license and insurance." He then went back to his cruiser... filled out the citation... came back to the window to have me sign it... and then said "have a wonderful day."

I have never felt more like I was driving through a fast food drive-thru when dealing with a traffic violation.

TRAFFIC Cops = Cash generating "IRS agents"

Old 09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
GTEE83 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by clmat
Anyone with tickets thrown out by the court?
I got caught doing 70+ mph in a 45 on the Indian Reservation just east of Scottsdale on my way back to Mesa back in the late 80's. After the guy wrote me the ticket, he put it on the dashboard as he was shuffling his paperwork, and I watched it slide down into the front dashboard defroster vents. I didn't say a word. When I got to court, they didn't have their copy of my ticket, and when I offered to let them use my copy (I actually was not being fascetious) the judge just gave me a puzzled look and said "case dismissed". I wonder if someone out there bought a used Crown Vic with a ticket in the ventilation system?

Old 09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
LOL - good thread!

Many years ago in Pennsylvania, I received 7 tickets at one time. Among those were "wreckless display of speed" and evasion although no exact speed was clocked (the officer had xx years of experience so that's all that was needed so said the judge). I believe that I'm banned from obtaining a PA license again, but don't care.

Here in the UK, a "friend" was clocked by a scamera doing 43 in a 30. Apparently his US girlfriend was visiting at the time and filled out the NIP as she was driving and nothing ever came of it... maybe they sent the ticket to Texas or wherever.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
MD911TT is infamous around these parts
In VA, anything over 20+ the speed limit is considered "reckless" driving. You need to go to court. No fines until after the court appearance.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
Do doctors get out of tickets any easier?

I know a doctor who told me he got out of a ticket driving his RV at 48mph in a 35mph hour zone after telling the officer that he is a local physician. Has this happened with any of you who are physicians? Sounds a bit odd to me, as another physician I know said that he told the officer he is a doctor on the way to the hospital for an emergency, with the officer's reply of "I'll write your ticket quickly".

Would the officer view the comment of "I'm a doctor" as a "So what?" kind of thing in trying to get out of a ticket?

Old 09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
I have never to my recollection ever exceeded any posted speed limit and I most certainly did not have sexual relations with that girl.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by forhamilton
I have never to my recollection ever exceeded any posted speed limit and I most certainly did not have sexual relations with that girl.
Well that would depend on what your definition of "is" is, now wouldn't it.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Received a ticket in Malibu going 90 in a 50 or so. I was 40 miles over.

Hired an atty, subpoena'd his azz and he never showed!!!

Beat the ticket!! But the atty fee was a bundle!!

No points, No raise in insurance. It was worth it.

Ice

Old 09-11-2007, 06:03 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
i usually only get pulled over doing 100mph+; otherwise, i'm paying too much attention to get caught off-guard (when i'm doing 100, i'm just paying attention to the road.)

all in CA, all written for 99mph; all had 11/99 plate appearances; none i denied my speed; all mandatory court appearances. judge will usually lower the infraction so you can do driving school.

-chuck

Old 09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
OK, my one bad story (in memory of Ken...who started this thread). Took the car for a ride with a friend of my son. Testosterone levels a little high...On a nice road...I start to open it up before I can see in front...get caught with the cop behind an oncoming car. I was clocked at 100 in a 55...5 cop cars later, put me in cuffs, did road side sobriety, cuffed me, took me to jail (luckily they let me call my wife to get the car instead of tow)...Got reckless driving...The look on my wife ..priceless.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
russbert is infamous around these parts
I've only had a couple of BIG breaks in my life when it comes to speeding tickets and getting out of them.

My favorite ... I received a ticket for 15+ over and decided to plead not guilty and take it to court and see what would happen. Didn't even hire a lawyer ... I was just hoping the cop wouldn't show up.

Court is supposed to start at 9am ... doesn't get going until about 9:10am and there are only sheriffs in the room as witnesses (no local cops ... so far, so good). At 9:30am my case still hasn't been called but a local policeman shows up at court. ARRRGGGHHH! What a bummer! Now I'm cooked.

I get called up 3-4 minutes later. Russbert, is this case re: simply speeding violation? Yes sir. Looking over at the prosecutor, the judge says please proceed. I'm standing there trying to decide what to do. Do I plead no contest now? Not guilty? Then I realize no one is speaking and the judge is staring at the Asst DA. With the local cop standing next to her, she is shuffling her papers and looking a little preplexed.

Finally she looks at the judge and says, it seems like we have asked the wrong policeman to appear your honor. With a frown on the judge's face, he looks at the docket and says ... well, there is NO more time left on this one.

CASE DISMISSED!!

One of my best days. I'd definitely rather be lucky than good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets