996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 04:15 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Speeding tickets

I believe, anything over the speedlimit by 20 mph is considered "wreckless" driving in most states. Cars can be confiscated, sometimes it's considered a felony, etc.

My experience is that the officer usually the ticket for 19 mph over the limit (which I am always grateful for).

I am wondering if anyone has had something worse that a ticket that had a fine.

Old 08-08-2003, 06:23 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
My friend got pulled over in his C2 doing 96 mph in a 60 by a State Trooper last week. The trooper asked if he knew why he was pulled over and he replied. Yeah, It's a Porsche, I was getting on it a little... The trooper wrote him a ticket for 10 over.....

What a deal....

Old 08-08-2003, 10:41 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
30 over in NY is mandatory court appearance.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:42 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
That's what I've experience maybe 3 times in the last 8 years. I don't think they want the hassle of taking the car, etc. As long as you're courtious.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:46 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
my brother was driving the S-class on highway...
around 2am in the morning on his way home...and there was absolutely no car...he drove the car a little bit faster...around 86 in the 65 zone...and you have to know that you can't really tell the car is really going that fast in a S600...=_="...it's too quiet...

he got a ticket for court appearance...and he even told the officer that he's from Canada...and is only visiting me for a few days...and will be leaving this Friday heading back to Canada (today)...Still the officer gave him a court appearance on the 18th of Aug....What a SOB...

Old 08-08-2003, 03:20 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by luting_chen
my brother was driving the S-class on highway...
around 2am in the morning on his way home...and there was absolutely no car...he drove the car a little bit faster...around 86 in the 65 zone...and you have to know that you can't really tell the car is really going that fast in a S600...=_="...it's too quiet...

he got a ticket for court appearance...and he even told the officer that he's from Canada...and is only visiting me for a few days...and will be leaving this Friday heading back to Canada (today)...Still the officer gave him a court appearance on the 18th of Aug....What a SOB...
that sucked sooo baDDDD!!!
I thought ppl in LA drive at least 80 on the HWY...

Old 08-08-2003, 04:54 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
previous CLK320, doing 115 in 65, he wrote me 105. guess that doesn't make any difference (anything over 100)

2 points with me for 3yrs, and insurance gone up like hell

Old 08-10-2003, 05:11 AM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
I got a ticket for doing 53 MPH over the posted speed limit. Just got a ticket and went to traffic school and it's all good.

Old 08-10-2003, 06:20 AM
Parker is infamous around these parts
always be honest and you'll get a warning
happened a few times recently here. state troopers can be very nice.

However, coming back from Long Island last year I was pulled over just before going over the Throgs Neck Bridge. I was well beyond 20 mph and the cop decided to give me a hard time...

...just to the right of the bridge was a down ramp with a shoulder. If you miss the entrance to the bridge you have use the ramp to get back on the other side of the highway from underneath the base. I was close enough to the bridge when he threw his lights on that I decided to pull over just to the left of the median that split the ramp and the entrance (plenty of shoulder there as well) bc it seemed logical... d'Oh! He made me reverse with him back to the exit ramp and proceed halfway down. The worst part was him yelling at me when I tried to park it on the *right* shoulder of the ramp... he made me pull over on the left side, over a curb and onto grass and gravel.

No harm, no foul. He was actually merciful and hit me with 10mph over. What the ???

I guess these cops hate going to court.

Old 08-10-2003, 08:34 AM
wakejudge is infamous around these parts
Here in the UK driving over a 100 mph gets you a short ban, I believe.

The motorways limit is 70mph and most travel at 75-85 mph.

I have a friend in Belgium that got stopped and taken to court for 170 mph some time ago they could not catch him. But when he reached a busy town they nabbed him in the traffic. He was in all the news papers and banned for a number of months. His car was a 993 Carrerra 4 and he was late for a business meeting the traffic was very very light.

We have lots of camera's being placed every where, but detectors are legal.

For the benefit of those in the UK, I clearly stay well within the limits set, natually.

Old 08-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Aron is infamous around these parts
I once got nailed for 116 in a 55 in New Mexico. Officer let me off with 96 in a 55 after spouting a list of reasons to take my car and put me in jail once a driver crosses the 50 over mark. Lucky for me, he considered conditions and didn't want to deal with the paperwork after just starting his shift.

Here in AZ through, 25+ requires a court appearance.

Old 08-11-2003, 05:44 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
A few years ago I was headed back from a D.E. in my street car at that time (M3). I came on a guy in an SL600 Mercedes. There was no traffic as far as we could see. So, we both, for whatever reason, decided to nail it. Well, somewhere in the three digits, we go over a hill, and damed if there isn't a CHP sitting down at the bottom of that hill. Of course, he pulls both of us over....

When its my turn to get the write up, he starts out by saying "I don't know how fast you were going, but it must have been at least 90". Knowing full well that I was probably doing 120ish, my reply was, "YEAH, YEAH, it was 90!"

In any event, the ticket was given at 90+ in a 70. There was nothing but a fine. And I was even able to take online traffic school so that it never hit my driving record.

P.S. Not that I advocate driving 120+ on ordinary highways... But, for better or worse, on that particular day, I did in fact do it...

Last edited by racer63; 08-11-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:27 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Just last weekend I got pulled over on an outing with several other cars. We were tearing it up in various places on the east end of LI. We blasted by an off duty state trooper in his Maxima that phoned it in to his local station. As we were cruising with traffic at a fairly normal speed our group happens upon a trooper with rader/laser/whatever parked roadside. I'm fourth or fifth of the group which was moving with traffic and he starts to come out as the first of our group goes by, but I go by him as he's coming out. I'm sure he was going to get someone else, but pulls me over instead (damn red!). He tells me that he's got me doing 77 in a 55 and there are reports of us doing much more but he doesn't care about that. After asking for paperwork, he sees my PBA card/shields and asks me to explain who I know quickly as he's about to write a ticket. A brief explanation on my part yields a free pass and then he says, " be safe and keep it under 90." He then drives 100 feet to his Maxima buddy parked on the shoulder to explain what went on. I was lucky b/c NYS Troopers have a so-so reputation and have even written up other local area officers. My advice if you are stopped is be courteous and honest, don't lie or say it wasn't you. They admire someone willing to accept it and may even let you off for it. Be careful!

Old 09-09-2007, 07:49 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
I was late for work one morning and shot past a GA state trooper going near 100mph. He jumped in his car, and I pulled over at the next exit which was just a few hundred feet away. I pulled about halfway down the ramp before I pulled over. He slid in behind me and jumped out of his car behind his open door and pulled his sidearm. He shouted at me to throw my keys on the dashboard and put my hands on the steering wheel.

When he came up to the car he said he was considering taking me to jail for attempting to elude. I explained I was just coming up to the next exit to pull over, and he ended up giving me a ticket for 95 in a 55 and also cited me for changing lanes without signaling. I couldn't remember if I'd signaled, but I know for sure he couldn't see whether or not I signaled because there were cars in the two lanes between me and him and he was in the middle of jumping in his car and coming after me when I changed lanes.

He was really nervous about all of it. I guess he was scared thinking I was trying to get away from him after taking the exit or something. I forgot to tell him I had a gun in my car (I have a concealed carry permit) until he came back to my car the second time to give me the ticket. He just said he didn't care and walked back to his car.

I had to go to court. Paid a $650 fine and got 9 points on my license (15 points is a one year suspension in GA).

Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
clmat is infamous around these parts
Anyone with tickets thrown out by the court?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets