996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wire to tap into for AFR gauge and other questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
I just ordered one of these brockway units! Looks like a good little device, and the price is great!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
How is it going with the brockway device guys??

It would be great to see a picture of an install if you have them available.

Thanks

Last edited by Gary in BR; 02-07-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:42 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Gary,

It works very well...I like it a lot and have not had any problems. Get the DIN mounting kit and fill one of the center spots with it. Easy install.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:51 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Nice setup John!!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
IM using the same AEM one that markski is using... WORKS perfect! ..looks real nice too!! Very easy to set up as the probe and wires...all came with it! so easy to do..even a baby coudl do it!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I have been looking for this...thanks guys, I emailed them to see if they will do Orange LEDS. Het Dmaffo where did you end up getting yours in ON?
Thanks

Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I have done Orange background with Black text, still to be installed.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:50 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
I installed both:AEM and Brockway,like them all...

Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Dixie,

I'm curious - do they both read the same?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
The AEM reads a little bit higher most of the times and the AEM is also much much faster in changing values.If the Brockway reads 2 times in a second the AEM reads 4 times in a second (just an example)..

Old 11-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Dixie,

What do you consider a little bit? For instance, if the Brockway reads 11.9, what would the AEM read? I don't think the sampling quickness is much of an issue, as they both update very quickly, but accuracy is...if withinn .1-.2, I think that is pretty close, but if off by .5, then I wonder which is correct?

Last edited by John D; 11-29-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Just ordered mine with orange led's. There is a new one coming sometime in the new year, but hey for the price you cant go wrong.
Thanks guys!

Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
At full throttle difference is maybe 0.1-0.2 but the AEM is faster in readings maybe this is the reasen why it's different..

Old 11-29-2007, 02:54 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
i took out the cd holder tray for a flip up screen...
and removed "it" for the aem gauge and boost controller....
so no more movies while driving... !!
which is funny coz.... I make my own now while im driving....

and that has branded me the crazy canadian by markski and others!!! loll......

Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DMaffo
IM using the same AEM one that markski is using... WORKS perfect! ..looks real nice too!! Very easy to set up as the probe and wires...all came with it! so easy to do..even a baby coudl do it!
wow a baby could do it!? i'm def. gonna get one of these... can you post a link to the AEM one that you guys are using?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wire to tap into for AFR gauge and other questions?