996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got my wife a C6 Z06... dang.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
ronny ghazal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evo911
wtf? lol... how is the handling and response in the Z06? i knew a guy that had one and never drove it, his butt was always in his 997TT lol His reasoning is that it felt to blah to him when he drove it.. He said "its just like riding in another GM just fast from the factory" My brother had one for a while although i never got around to driving it
Here we go again. There is nothing blah about the Z06. The 997 TT is an AWSOME car. Does that mean that the Z06 is blah? That is ridiculous.

As for handling, check the Nurburgring lap times, before you get on the handling issue too much. No car is perfect.

RG

Last edited by ronny ghazal; 05-23-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 AM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
I love my 996TT, but man I wish I was fortunate to have a 997tt and Z06 in my garage. enjoy!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ritesh
Congrats!! I can't wait to see pics of your whole stable. What an eclectic combination of cars. Congrats again!!
Yeah... you can say that again. My collection makes no sense! hehehe. I like them all for different reason (except that GTO (2k miles in a year), I don't drive it gotta sell it)!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evo911
wtf? lol... how is the handling and response in the Z06? i knew a guy that had one and never drove it, his butt was always in his 997TT lol His reasoning is that it felt to blah to him when he drove it.. He said "its just like riding in another GM just fast from the factory" My brother had one for a while although i never got around to driving it
The car is dosile in low revs, get it over 4400rpm and it's an amusement park... you can drift it through corners, do rolling burnouts, etc... all the fun an american V8 should be. YET... you can floss it through the twisties.

I prefer the way the handling feels in my Turbo S (with X73 suspension), it feels more accurate, however, I've run the vette up and down the really twisty road I live on and it more than holds it's own (some corners I actually felt comfortable going faster than I would in the Turbo). You have to trust the vette and it rewards, where the Turbo you feel you can trust it (even when you shouldn't! hehehe).

Seth

Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Congrats on the wifes Z06, it's always great when you can convince the woman to get a car you will love driving as well. (like an ML63 )The Z06 impressed me a lot for all the reasons mentioned. My only complaint is that the seats (although comfortable during regular driving) do not support you in hard cornering.

Last edited by VBOXKING; 05-23-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:04 PM
GTEE83 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ronny ghazal
I am always amused by the excitement/hostility a Z06 can generate here.

If you love cars, you have to love the Z06. It is am awsome car on the track. Unbelievable for a stock car. I have driven it a few times in driving schools and would buy one in a heartbeat if I had that kind of money for a track car.

RG
I totally agree!

I have had a couple of Corvettes, and they were fun. I enjoy my 996 convertible and didn't think I could go back, but I learned a long time ago to never say never, and the new Z06 is VERY hard to ignore, if only for the pure performance aspect of it. I am taking my better half through the decision-making process of getting another car in 12-18 months or so, and she seems pretty amenable to all this, as long as part of the deal is that she would be able to use the 996 as her daily driver.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:48 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
just got my 996TT love it, proly gonna sell my evo and wait for the new GTR to come. Always been a fan of that car. Cant wait to see how the US version turns out... If its good then i will prolly go to town on it and build the motor and run like twin GT35Rs or a single GT42 or somthing fun

Old 05-23-2007, 06:02 PM
AL Z is infamous around these parts
Congrats on two great cars...

Old 05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
I have a 2007 Z06 and a 2001 Stage IV Turbo...and I love the straight acceleration power and sound of the Corvette, but the Turbo is more fun and controlled in every way. I feel it would smoke the Corvette in "real" driving. I absolutely love my Porsche...and I like the Corvette, but it just feels heavy...it feels like a truck all the time.

Chuck

Old 05-23-2007, 06:31 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Sounds like someone has a hefty life insurance policy....

Old 05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
had a 60 corvette it was a truck

Old 05-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chucksweet
I have a 2007 Z06 and a 2001 Stage IV Turbo... stuff ...it feels like a truck all the time.

Chuck
Damn Chuck... that's a hell of a collection.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Damn Chuck... that's a hell of a collection.
Thanks, it is a "bad" hobby. <gr>
Chuck

Old 05-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chucksweet
Thanks, it is a "bad" hobby. <gr>
Chuck
Not a chance - congrats to you... I don't think there's a person on this forum that wouldn't want to pull that off!

Old 05-24-2007, 01:20 AM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
[quote=SlowMotion]
BTW. This car is a MUCH quicker, and MUCH nicer package than the Ford GT out of the box.

NO, NO, NO !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my wife a C6 Z06... dang.