996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got my wife a C6 Z06... dang.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Awesome man hope she's careful, I still can't wait to test a Z06 out

Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 AM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ronny ghazal
Here we go again. There is nothing blah about the Z06. The 997 TT is an AWSOME car. Does that mean that the Z06 is blah? That is ridiculous.

As for handling, check the Nurburgring lap times, before you get on the handling issue too much. No car is perfect.

RG
I have driven both, and Z06 owner has driven with my 911tt, and we both accepted that, z06 handling response isn't so good as 911tt - you don't feel so well what car do, but this doesn't mean, that u can't drive with z06 fast and faster than 911tt

Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
I've driven both....Once you get those POS Goodyear Runflats off the Z (MPSC work wonders) and if you are lucky enough to have the later model shocks (these are MUST HAVES!!!!!...read again...MUST HAVES))...thing is awesome. Really...its not a Porsche....it is what it is and for what it is, it is simply brilliant.

By the way, when I am flat out in the twisties...I'm not spending too much time looking at the interior!...in either car....

Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
[quote=ROCK]
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
BTW. This car is a MUCH quicker, and MUCH nicer package than the Ford GT out of the box.

NO, NO, NO !
Woops.... hehehe...

Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
...I know many like to make fun of the Z06 here, but there is nothing to make fun of.

...I don't think I could find any reason other than very minor fit and finish and lack of leather upscale interior (like my wife says: "Porsches are pretty").

Seth
Anyone who makes fun of a Z06 here is either just trying to yank somebody's chain or they have an emotional reason to hate it. It is an astounding car at any price, and made by GM. Wow.

I can think of a few legitimate reasons to pick the TT over the Z06:
-AWD (mentioned above) ...of course some like it, some don't.
-Daily driver ease.
-Driver's visibility.
-Rear seat. It is functional. I have a child seat back there. My whole family (of 3) fits in it.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:29 AM
ramone is infamous around these parts
Still no pics ?

Old 05-25-2007, 11:53 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
No... not yet... the Porsche is dirty, the vette is dirty, the battery died in the T again, hehehe... I could do a dirty cars picture, but people generally like them shiney no?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ronny ghazal
Here we go again. There is nothing blah about the Z06. The 997 TT is an AWSOME car. Does that mean that the Z06 is blah? That is ridiculous.

As for handling, check the Nurburgring lap times, before you get on the handling issue too much. No car is perfect.

RG
Blah is an objective opinion that when it comes to the feel of a car is completely up to the user. Saying a car doesnt handle well is not. I think the inside of my TT is blah and my plastic (C5) corvette is awesome (just has an aura to it). The C6 has much better fit and finish that previous model corvettes but they just made the interior feel like every other GM car and that takes away from the vette IMO. So I agree, the interior of the Z is blah, but so is the 996 TT. Something that was definitely addressed with the 997 TT's.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Denstoyz is infamous around these parts
I have driven the new Z06 all out - took it to 185mph a few times on test runs and I was very impressed. It actually felt a bit faster then when I 1st bought my 996TT Stock - of course now my 996TT would walk on it but nevertheless the Z06 for the price of 77k and performance of 996TT is pretty amazing!!!

Congrats on the car!

Im thinking about the Z07 myself! Suppose to be $100k and 650hp! Supercharged 7.0 from the factory with warranty - I LIKE IT!! A LOT!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 03:19 PM
GaryZ06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Denstoyz

Im thinking about the Z07 myself! Suppose to be $100k and 650hp! Supercharged 7.0 from the factory with warranty - I LIKE IT!! A LOT!!!
6.2L Supercharged and about 635 HP(est)...this is from a very reliable source.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:00 PM
davenew is infamous around these parts
z06

Originally Posted by GaryZ06
6.2L Supercharged and about 635 HP(est)...this is from a very reliable source.
Yea, I was never was a big vette fan, even after driving my father's '75 vette in high school. After seeing the Z06 chassis at the '05 detroit auto show I suddenly became a big Z06 fan! The lightweight magnesium engine cradle is unique and they even had boeing engineers coming out to see how they hydroform the aluminum frame. GM puts out some lame cars but they really got it right with the new Z06.