996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help with Value of '03 996TT X50 with High Miles...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:12 AM
t2_996420 is infamous around these partst2_996420 is infamous around these parts
Yes all original

Old 05-25-2007, 08:18 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by t2_996420
Yes all original
Damn, that's great. Congrats!

Old 05-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Dvh
Dvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by t2_996420
My 03 X50 has 142,000+ miles on it and it runs fine - buy it, beat them up on mileage versus price, drive it and enjoy it!!
Where do you live to put that kind of miles on a car? If you say NY, that would be amazing--LOL! That's like 30k miles per year! What maintenance have you run into since warranty expired?

Old 05-26-2007, 02:02 AM
TMINUS is infamous around these parts
A car is meant to be driven, no?

Thanks. This discussion is over.

BTW: I put 90k miles on my C2 Turbo - tuned by Bert Mota (Originally of Autosport). Please contact him in Mineola, LI.

Last edited by TMINUS; 05-26-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:19 AM
All Mack is infamous around these parts
55k on my 01. This is the most usable supercar evah.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Dvh
Dvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TMINUS
A car is meant to be driven, no?

Thanks. This discussion is over.

BTW: I put 90k miles on my C2 Turbo - tuned by Bert Mota (Originally of Autosport). Please contact him in Mineola, LI.
A car is meant to be used driven and enjoyed however the owner sees fit. I personally would not enjoy many of my cars as daily drivers.

BTW: No "by the way's" after you end a discussion

Old 05-27-2007, 09:17 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by phillym5
41k miles is high??

the motor isn't even broken in yet.
LOL thats what i was thinking too. I mean no offense to the guys that dont drive their cars, but thinking that over 20k miles on a porsche is high miles just seems funny to me. I'm driving the hell out of this thing and loving it...I'll have a 100k on the clock before i know it :-)
...I cant imagine having this car in the driveway and not getting in it as often as possible, romping on it as long as possible :-)

Old 05-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
It kills me that everyone complains about how these cars have depreciated, but then goes off saying they are worth less because of "high mileage" when they have over 20k on them. You're cutting your own throat!

Club411 was right when he said "it ain't no Ferrari".

If you want to leave your car in your garage and use it as a Sunday driver that's fine, I understand the desire to have something special to pamper yourself with. But, if someone chooses to rack up some mileage on a car that is totally capable of doing so without issues, then don't bash it... on price or just in general, you're just contributing to our shared depreciation.

I don't drive my GT2 daily, but I still managed to put 5k on it in the last 12 months. It's funny to me to think that it would be considered an extremely high mileage GT2 with a mere 23k miles. And, if it was for sale, it would be at the bottom of the price scale even though it is still nearly perfect in every respect.... sad

Last edited by Bodybag; 05-31-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:26 AM
t2_996420 is infamous around these partst2_996420 is infamous around these parts
I live in Southern New England and drove a bit for work for 2 years - winters, summers, all year and 6-10 track events per year. The car has never left me stranded (T2 knocks on wood) and has been very reliable, in fact I just replaced the water pump and the 25 year veteran mechanic says he could not beleive how dry the car was underneath (not a single leak-again T2 knocks on wood), that same day one of the salesmen took a customer out to the shop to show him my car - the customer had no idea the car had the mileage is does when he looked at it. I say to each there own - I bought it to drive the boogers out of it and it makes me smile every day - I really enjoy drivivng. As far as maintenance, normal 15k's, oil change ever 5k, front right bearing, left rear bearing, front diff (attributed to the front bearing), water pump, radiators up front, I also had the coolant tank replaced as a precaution, and a power steering pump (it was out of warranty but it made that annoying squeal that drove me nuts so I replaced it even though it worked fine), bleed the brakes ever 2 years and tranny and diff fluids every 60k. Beleive it or not the car has the original clutch in it. Buy it drive it and enjoy it in that order!! T2

Old 05-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Cajun is infamous around these parts
Not a turbo, but I have a '99 Boxster that I have had since new...coming up on 170k...original clutch, and ZERO engine/trans issues. Only problem was one of the header tubes cracked at around 140k...fixed by a nice weld job...She seems to run better and better as the miles rack up..

These cars get better with MILES.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Turbo Mike is infamous around these parts
Dvh do you plan on using it as a daily driver? if not you will make up for the higher milage in a year or two, instead of a 4yr old car with 41k on it you'll have a 6yr old car with 46-47k on it.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:49 PM
DropGems is infamous around these parts
wow to the guy with 140k miles on his 03. That's awesome, ha. My 02 x-50 has nearly 50k and no probs.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
And then there is me at the other end of the spectrum.

I am debating on hauling my Porsche to KC, a 400mile drive, so I can keep the miles down...

I have, how you say, issues!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Dvh
Originally Posted by tblackj
DEAR GOD, SOMEONE TAKE AWAY MY CHECKBOOK!!!
Suprised to see this in your Sig..

Not God, but your wish is my command!

Last edited by Dvh; 05-30-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Dvh
Originally Posted by Turbo Mike
Dvh do you plan on using it as a daily driver? if not you will make up for the higher milage in a year or two, instead of a 4yr old car with 41k on it you'll have a 6yr old car with 46-47k on it.
I get laughed at for this, but my daily driver is an '06 Jetta TDI that I'm running on 100% biodiesel for $2.25 per gallon. I love it and have a stereo system in it worth over 1/2 the value of the car. Those that laugh I just reference the price of biodiesel and getting nearly 50MPG's!

I am of the opposite philosophy of the "you must drive it to enjoy it" camp. Enjoyment to me is keeping a pristine black on black car in show-worthy condition sitting in the shop and when the mood and weather strikes, you pull it out for a stroll... If I had to chose between my Jetta or a porsche as a daily driver, I'd take the Jetta. Driving a porsche as a daily is like eating filet mignon every day. It is great occasionally, but every day would ruin the enjoyment!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with Value of '03 996TT X50 with High Miles...