996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Getting the FabSpeed exhaust for my car!!!! Woooohooo!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:11 AM
wachuko is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Getting the FabSpeed exhaust for my car!!!! Woooohooo!!!

Joe from Fabspeed sent me an email to let me know that he will help me with my situation.

As you all know I have the cats and straight pipes from the first generation FabSpeed muffler system. This is not compatible with the new mufflers. And I want to go with the new setup to get the sound but still avoid the dreaded cabin drone.

So Joe will modify the cats in my car to accommodate the new mufflers!!!! Thank you Joe!!!

I just wanted to share it with the forum… that is outstanding customer service! I know $$ might not be an issue for most folks here, but I have to run my cars on a very tight budget… so every little bit helps. Not having to shell out the complete cost of the exhaust system swap is of great help.

The folks at FabSpeed/Joe did not really have to do this… …the fact that Joe sent me an email to offer the help and get me into the new setup while helping me save $$ is just awesome. How many companies out there would do something like that... simply outstanding!!

Come Monday (I have a few places to go in the car over the weekend, Winter Park and Mount Dora) I will remove the cats, pack them and send those off to FabSpeed for the rework. Can’t wait to get the complete system back!! I am sure you can tell I am exited about all this… it means I will get to enjoy the car more often!!!

I also hope this helps people with their exhaust system decision… to know a company is willing to help like this says a lot. And no, not related, no business interest… just one overly satisfied customer!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Old 05-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Maximus is infamous around these parts
I have a fabspeed I want to "de-drone" how do I get ahold of Joe from Fabspeed??

Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wachuko
Joe from Fabspeed sent me an email to let me know that he will help me with my situation.

As you all know I have the cats and straight pipes from the first generation FabSpeed muffler system. This is not compatible with the new mufflers. And I want to go with the new setup to get the sound but still avoid the dreaded cabin drone.

So Joe will modify the cats in my car to accommodate the new mufflers!!!! Thank you Joe!!!

I just wanted to share it with the forum… that is outstanding customer service! I know $$ might not be an issue for most folks here, but I have to run my cars on a very tight budget… so every little bit helps. Not having to shell out the complete cost of the exhaust system swap is of great help.

The folks at FabSpeed/Joe did not really have to do this… …the fact that Joe sent me an email to offer the help and get me into the new setup while helping me save $$ is just awesome. How many companies out there would do something like that... simply outstanding!!

Come Monday (I have a few places to go in the car over the weekend, Winter Park and Mount Dora) I will remove the cats, pack them and send those off to FabSpeed for the rework. Can’t wait to get the complete system back!! I am sure you can tell I am exited about all this… it means I will get to enjoy the car more often!!!

I also hope this helps people with their exhaust system decision… to know a company is willing to help like this says a lot. And no, not related, no business interest… just one overly satisfied customer!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
Great customer service .............. not even solicited.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by Maximus
I have a fabspeed I want to "de-drone" how do I get ahold of Joe from Fabspeed??
email follow by a call...

http://www.fabspeed.com/

Old 05-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by cjv
Great customer service .............. not even solicited.
I had several email initially when the came out with the new mufflers asking if the modular units I had worked...

I then kept an eye for group buys but the budget was not there, so I was saving to get them in a couple of years.

So, yes. Unsolicited. Very nice of them.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:41 AM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
Wow thats great! Seems like something I would really be interested in. The cats are the expensive part!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:42 AM

Thanks, I have initiated the process = )

Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Cats out and on their way to FabSpeed!!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:54 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Jaime,

Nice to see you again That's really an excellent post. Like yourself, I am on a far more limited budget than most. An exhaust for me is still quite some time away, but this is something I will definitely take into consideration. I was sort of waivering between the EP and FS. +1 for the FS!

Best,
Justin

Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 AM

I talked with Joe and I too would like to praise the Fabspeed Team!!, I was looking to purchase an exhaust that didn't "drone" Joe clued me in to some "cones" that you cut and weld into the intake side of the exhaust. They don't hurt the performance of the system at all but do break up the sound (I am told anyway), As soon as I get them I will install and let the Forum know the results!!.

Under $100.00

Old 05-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Westwood is infamous around these parts
I installed the cones into the exit of my Fabspeed Medium over the winter and I am happy with it. If only I had known they were coming out with a quiet version before I bought my medium!

By the way, I think you will find they will not fit on the inlet due to the sharp sweep -- and that is why I installed them in the exit between the muffler and tips.

Fabspeed had offered me the same modification deal but I had already bought the cones and thought I would give that a try, and as a last resort I could sell me medium and buy the new quiet. I think it might be cheaper to sell your old system and buy a new system from Imagine Auto? Otherwise you have a muffler going in the junk pile.

Roger

Last edited by Westwood; 06-01-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:40 AM
I already purchased them, So I will let you know how they work out, Imagine gave me an excellent quote on a Gen 3, but if this "fix" works, I saved a couple thousand dollars over buying system, If not it was worth a try

Thanks

Old 06-01-2007, 09:13 AM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
Here's a chance to put my 'murcan hot rod experience to good use. We've used these cones on race cars with good success. Success means meeting the Leguna Seca sound limit.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...0+115&x=27&y=4

Jeff

Old 06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by MidnighTT
Here's a chance to put my 'murcan hot rod experience to good use. We've used these cones on race cars with good success. Success means meeting the Leguna Seca sound limit.

Jeff
Pretty cool. I wonder the effect of this if used on straight pipes... my main motivation to get the complete exhaust system is to get rid of the cabin drone. Not sure what effect these cones would have on my current setup as far as cabin drone goes...

Anyway... Fabspeed has the cats. So now it is just a matter of waiting for the whole system to get back.

But would be nice to hear from those adding this to their current FabSpeed exhaust system.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by MidnighTT

Jeff
Thats exactly what I was told!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting the FabSpeed exhaust for my car!!!! Woooohooo!!!