996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rolled my fenders and installed RUF spacers today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
ah,......gotcha, funny how you can still have those issues and not have any noticeable type of noise or indications just more slicing. I just went through all this a few months ago. just when I thought I had releived all areas I might hit a bump or tweak with the suspension and it rubs again. I had problems with the 10 and 2 o'clock areas, had to relieve some large tabs that was causing some rubbing.
g
I'm with you. It was actually pretty easy to tell that I was rubbing at first...since not only could I hear it quite clearly, but I also had long strands of rubber from my sidewalls begin slapping the road. Needless to say, it was a very short test drive

After I rolled the fenders, I took blue masking tape and ran it on the inside of the fender wells where I had rolled them. I took it for a long drive, with plenty of turns and bumps...and not only did I not hear anything, but the tape was pefectly clean when I was done. Hadn't been touched by the tires at all.