996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

5.0 Mustang vs GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
5.0 Mustang vs GT2

Got another kill today .

I was going to one of my many 12 step groups and patiently waiting to make a left turn at a red light. Suddenly a green Fox body Mustang 5.0 with a hood designed for a supercharger (raised about 4 inches) pulled behind me and started revving his engine. It was, as they say, on.

I turned left, moved to the far right lane and shifted into second. He jumped on it and pulled one half length as my turbos spooled. When they hit the rear end fish-tailed to the left then to the right. I backed off slightly and the car settled in as I pulled even with him. I shifted to third and shut down a bit because a car was in my lane.

He was sportsman-like and slowed down while I passed the car. I then hit it in third at about 50 and so did he. he had maybe a half length on me at first. At 60 (about 4KRPM) the GT30's spooled again and I pulled 2 car lengths by the time I shifted into fourth at 100. I then shut down at 120 due to oncomming traffic.

Good times.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-30-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I believe it was the massive 6 cylinder fox body variety.With a k&n filter.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Go play with your portfolio you Cheating Scottish Bastid!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Nick2JZ has a spectacular aura aboutNick2JZ has a spectacular aura about
You sure you wasn't on your way to the massage palor? Good kill!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:23 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Happy Ending For Sean. Self Induced Of Course.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:35 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
You guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Funny you mention that, Nick....I was going to my "Sexaholics Anonymous" meeting to try and PREVENT myself from going to the massage parlor.

And wouldn't you know it, the meeting was full of hot chicks!

Rob, what is the status of your car? Has it gone to Todd?

PS. Anybody else notice that Paulie isn't using all caps anymore.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-31-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:38 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Funny you mention that, Nick....I was going to my "Sexaholics Anonymous" meeting to try and PREVENT myself from going to the massage parlor.

And wouldn't you know it, the meeting was full of hot chicks!

Rob, what is the status of your car? Has it gone to Todd?

PS. Anybody else notice that Paulie isn't using all caps anymore.
With all of these Houston members I think its time for a 6Speed Houston meet.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dr. Jitsu,

Next time advise the Mustang to flip his aircleaner cover upside down and
he may overtake the mighty GT30's...

Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice... I used to have a 1990 Mustang GT and it was pretty fast. With a supercharger they can really get up and go! Have any recent pics of your car Sean?

Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Alan,

No, no new pics I have some old pics I will post up when I get the time.

bmores,

Alrighty, I hereby announce a new meet. Paulie couldn't make the last one where we were going to videotape his blatent honk jumping. So, Nick, Rob, Chris (who will videotape) and all other Houston 6 speeders: How does next Sat. (June 9) sound?

Old 05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Alan,

No, no new pics I have some old pics I will post up when I get the time.

bmores,

Alrighty, I hereby announce a new meet. Paulie couldn't make the last one where we were going to videotape his blatent honk jumping. So, Nick, Rob, Chris (who will videotape) and all other Houston 6 speeders: How does next Sat. (June 9) sound?
I'm in Italy until the 10th shoot me a p.m. for the next one. I wouldn't have seen your car on the sugar land town square recently would I?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 AM
arr0gant is infamous around these parts
Seriously, Is this something to really be proud of? Your $140k car beat a Mustang?

Am I missing something?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 AM
cajunairman is infamous around these parts
Sounded more like to me the Mustang was asking to get dispatched.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 AM
arr0gant is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cajunairman
Sounded more like to me the Mustang was asking to get dispatched.
Ya, isn't that EVERY mustang on the road, including Subarus/Evo's?

I would have been more impressed if the OP said, 600HP Mustang challenged me, I ignored him. That would have been commendable!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.0 Mustang vs GT2