996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Nissan GTR 7:15 at the ring!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:07 AM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
Old 06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
This is the biggest BS thread I have ever seen! Anyone who believes this time needs to wake up. This car will struggle to break 7:40.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZLP
This is the biggest BS thread I have ever seen! Anyone who believes this time needs to wake up. This car will struggle to break 7:40.
It maybe total BS, but at least the thread isn't about the Z06.

It's interesting to see the range of replies from 'sign me up' to 'no way, it's a nissan' to 'we'd better watch out'. Some guys like history, some like image, some like acceleration, some like road course performance, some like 'quality' (whatever that means to them), and on it goes. Fortunately for all of us, there is an incredibly wide range of cars to choose from.

I'll continue to argue for 'if it makes me smile when I drive it, and I can afford it, I'll own it'. Even bone stock my tt makes me smile.

Jeff

Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Jeff "bone stock" and TT?! Huh!?

Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZLP
If this is THE biggest BS thread youve ever seen, then you are a car-fourm-rookie JK

Call it what you will, the GTR - both on the internet & once it hits showrooms WILL cause QUITE a stir! Fact.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:07 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
If this is THE biggest BS thread youve ever seen, then you are a car-fourm-rookie JK

Call it what you will, the GTR - both on the internet & once it hits showrooms WILL cause QUITE a stir! Fact.

I agree, lots of b.s. on the net but this has to be the biggest ENTERTAINED LIE EVAR!!!!!!

No it wont! list of new cars coming out:

Supra concept thingy
Honda NSX
Evo V
Camaro (SS with LS7 550 hp)
Ford Shelby GT 500 R and KR
BMW M3 e90
Audi R8 (V8 and V10)
Viper SRT with 600 hp (will own the base GTR and be neck and neck with the top version!!!)
Porsche 997 GT2 (550 hp, will own all forms of GTR)
Corvette SS (650-700 hp, will own everything)

All coming out in the next three years, and you think the world will go bananas over the GTR???? I have to disagree, this car will be looked over like everything else is over here. It's only so big of a deal to the JDM fans because we have never had them readily available over here, but the GTR has never been anything dominant as a bone stock car, though it does hold its own on the road course. I just dont know where all this impact the world garbage is coming from.

Great car- yes
World Changer - no

The only thing that is causing a stir about this car are the lies floating around on the internet about it's ring times. Spreaad like wild fire too, someone even had the nerve to print it in media. BWAHAHAHAHA.

Japanese magic formula

GTR (450* hp 3500 lbs) 7:42 at ring
GTR Evo (+150 hp - 250 lbs) 7:15 at ring????

The list of specs on the EDO GT2 race car that ran 7:15

2500 lbs
550 hp
Racing (push shift) Tranny
Slicks
Humongous spoiler
Coilovers
Dampers
Compelete Ring setup
(just to name a few)

and a street car weight 3200 lbs with a stick shift that doesnt officially exist yet is supposed to have tied it at the ring.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:31 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
i bet it will run sub 7.40's on slicks with a crazy driver...but no way it's running faster than a donkervoort which weight 1340lbs and has 350bhp (7.18 at 280bhp). A fricking M3 GTR (yes, the race car) ran a 7.06.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Supra concept thingy
Honda NSX
Evo V
BMW M3 e90
Audi R8 (V8 and V10)
Viper SRT with 600 hp (will own the base GTR and be neck and neck with the top version!!!)

All the cars you listed have been available in the United States in some form or another at one time. The GTR has NEVER been available. The forbideen fruit is finally within reach. That WILL cause a stir despite what you think. Maybe just because YOU dont like it/arent excited for it doesnt mean that MANY others arent. It has prally been one of the most hyped/talked about/publisied cars in the past 3-5 years.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by dgussin1
i bet it will run sub 7.40's on slicks with a crazy driver...but no way it's running faster than a donkervoort which weight 1340lbs and has 350bhp (7.18 at 280bhp). A fricking M3 GTR (yes, the race car) ran a 7.06.
Not disagreeing with ANYONE on the lap time. def seems fishy....but the fact that its "kinda beleiveable" is good enough for me

Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
the Toyota Yaris runs 7s flat!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:49 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Supra concept thingy
Honda NSX
Evo V
BMW M3 e90
Audi R8 (V8 and V10)

All the cars you listed have been available in the United States in some form or another at one time. The GTR has NEVER been available. The forbideen fruit is finally within reach. That WILL cause a stir despite what you think. Maybe just because YOU dont like it/arent excited for it doesnt mean that MANY others arent. It has prally been one of the most hyped/talked about/publisied cars in the past 3-5 years.

It will receive less acclaim than the Z06 because just having a car come out here isnt enough, it has to do something and I dont remember the R8 being available here at any point.

I think it will be a great car, but the only people doing backflips are the JDM fanboys.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
lrg8683 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I agree, lots of b.s. on the net but this has to be the biggest ENTERTAINED LIE EVAR!!!!!!

No it wont! list of new cars coming out:

Supra concept thingy
Honda NSX
Evo V
BMW M3 e90
Audi R8 (V8 and V10)

All coming out in the next three years, and you think the world will go bananas over the GTR???? I have to disagree, this car will be looked over like everything else is over here. It's only so big of a deal to the JDM fans because we have never had them readily available over here, but the GTR has never been anything dominant as a bone stock car, though it does hold its own on the road course. I just dont know where all this impact the world garbage is coming from.

Great car- yes
World Changer - no

The only thing that is causing a stir about this car are the lies floating around on the internet about it's ring times. Spreaad like wild fire too, someone even had the nerve to print it in media. BWAHAHAHAHA.

Japanese magic formula

GTR (450* hp 3500 lbs) 7:42 at ring
GTR Evo (+150 hp - 250 lbs) 7:15 at ring????

The list of specs on the EDO GT2 race car that ran 7:15

2500 lbs
550 hp
Racing (push shift) Tranny
Slicks
Humongous spoiler
Coilovers
Dampers
Compelete Ring setup
(just to name a few)

and a street car weight 3200 lbs with a stick shift that doesnt officially exist yet is supposed to have tied it at the ring.
the fact that it will take a 200k car to own a 94k car.. says a lot about why people are excited about the skyline, the skyline is meant to compete with porsche, but not the 180k+ porsches i think the 997tt and the gtr evolution will be a good match for eachother even if the 997 costs 40k more.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
the Toyota Yaris runs 7s flat!
I was there...I saw it with my own eyes. It made it from the starting line to the first straight away in 7 minutes flat!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned
TurboTuner is infamous around these parts
Nothing official here, all false rumors. Let this thread die please. Moving on...

Old 06-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
It will receive less acclaim than the Z06 because just having a car come out here isnt enough, it has to do something and I dont remember the R8 being available here at any point.

I think it will be a great car, but the only people doing backflips are the JDM fanboys.
Agree to disagree.

R8's are here now! (and have been for a few months) We are talking about WHEN the GTR hits the showrooms

JDM Fanboy over & out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.