996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Nissan GTR 7:15 at the ring!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Nissan GTR 7:15 at the ring!!!!!!

The fanboys are going wild!!!!! (Sorry to post this here but I couldnt resist)

http://www.nagtroc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19779

-13 seconds faster than the Carrera GT
-Not even a confirmed model (Evo Spec GTR 550 hp)
-But somehow a confirmed hp number for the run (600hp)
-And official ring time (7:15)
-as fast as the the Edo GT2 RACE CAR!!!!
- 25 seconds improvement over the base model with only 125 more hp and 230 less lbs (on the unconfirmed Evo Spec) (no claim on tires)
-The GTR is 1-1 vs the 997 turbo on american soil tests with both being less than one second ahead
-Yet the turbo had to have MPSC's to run 7:40 while the GTR does it magically on street tires.

I still dont beleive they have done the 7:40 that has been claimed, they have been testing this car for about 3 years now and still no official ring times for the base model (just claims by magazines) and now they do a 7:15????

all the better to get owned when they hit the track.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:43 PM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
The only way they'd do 7:15 is if they went offroad to cut off the majority of the track.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:44 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SallyMobile
The only way they'd do 7:15 is if they went offroad to cut off the majority of the track.
With a jet engine attached to the back.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:46 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy

The fanboys are going wild!!!!! (Sorry to post this here but I couldnt resist)

http://www.nagtroc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19779

-13 seconds faster than the Carrera GT
-Not even a confirmed model (Evo Spec GTR 550 hp)
-But somehow a confirmed hp number for the run (600hp)
-And official ring time (7:15)
-as fast as the the Edo GT2 RACE CAR!!!!
- 25 seconds improvement over the base model with only 125 more hp and 230 less lbs (on the unconfirmed Evo Spec) (no claim on tires)
-The GTR is 1-1 vs the 997 turbo on american soil tests with both being less than one second ahead
-Yet the turbo had to have MPSC's to run 7:40 while the GTR does it magically on street tires.

I still dont beleive they have done the 7:40 that has been claimed, they have been testing this car for about 3 years now and still no official ring times for the base model (just claims by magazines) and now they do a 7:15????

all the better to get owned when they hit the track.
i DO NOT believe that for a second! no way its going to beat the CGT. seems like a lot of rumor talk. if it cant be confirmed, theres something fishy going on with it.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:51 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SallyMobile

The older GTR was banned from Australian Rally Racing, maybe they just took the offroad model and used it for a shortcut.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
If this time is true would anyone jump ship? I would not but would love to hear opinions.

Aloha

Byron

Old 05-31-2007, 05:00 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I believe it when I see it.

SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
If this time is true would anyone jump ship? I would not but would love to hear opinions.

Aloha

Byron
If a stock one does 7:15 on the 'Ring, I'd definitely add it to my stable.

Originally Posted by Byronmaui

Aloha

Byron
I would consider one in the future, especially the upgraded model if there ever is one. Because I'ts different than the run of the mill track cars we see all the time (Corvette, Viper, GT3(no offense but there are alot), M3, Evo, WRX)

Old 05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
If its that fast I would get one just to have in my collection.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
You should see the fan boys on the local import forum...

I can't wait to see what happens when they really do hit the street and the real numbers come out.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It could be under 7min on the 'Ring, but it's still fugly... I will reserve final judgement until I see it in the metal. Of the coming Japanese hardware, the Evo X gets me most excited.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
It could be under 7min on the 'Ring, but it's still fugly... I will reserve final judgement until I see it in the metal. Of the coming Japanese hardware, the Evo X gets me most excited.
I like the evo and this car about the same, but the new evo is pretty sexy.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
My post really only needs 6 letters:

GTR FTW

Old 05-31-2007, 07:28 PM
andyk79 is infamous around these parts
This is one bad car that we are going to have to look out for in the near future.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.