996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

08' Turbo Track Takeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I imagine as this thing develops and we near a date, boy will the **** talk be a starting!!!! Cant wait!!!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Mpowered is infamous around these parts
I'd go to either one, but i prefer Road Atlanta

Last edited by Mpowered; 07-14-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by heavychevy
If I'm able to attend the August Nasa Event I'd like to get cose to that 1:33 Leh ran in the GSC supra, that would put me mighty close to Reese in the Z06, at least I hope.

BTW I want to get in on some of these internet races too. I need some time to freshen up on the game, I get hooked on F1 championship and dont play Forza all that much.
we would love to have you join us. Makes you really remember the course layout!!

Leh, Connor, and I play online quite a bit, we have a few other pro drivers that race with us also

Old 07-15-2007, 09:40 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Hello Dez. Thanks for your inquiry. Interesting idea... but, you'll face a number of obstacles.
-- getting a track date. VIR is absolutely, 100% fully booked on every single weekend throughout the track season, year after year. There are no weekends available, at all. Some weekdays are occasionally available, with Tues/Wednesdays being the most common. But, many of them are booked also.
-- underwriting. Insuring a hobby club with no history of doing track events is a staggering expense.
-- Registration management. How will you accept registration? Does a website exist?

As the number one provider of non-competition enthusiast track days in the eastern US, Chin Motorsports does have some well established protocols and infrastructure for making those arrangements. However, with the extensive calendar that we already offer (20 events annually, 8 different well-known road courses. 3 events at VIR), we no longer do 'co-op' track days with other clubs. All of our events are stand alone Chin Motorsports track days. We can offer 2 options to your group:
-- Make arrangements with Chin Motorsports for private event management. We've done this for various manufacturers and elite gatherings of enthusiasts. You and your comrades could have your own private event, and we would handle all arrangements. We can book dates, provide underwriting, even race car rental and catering, whatever your budget permits. Expense for this style of private event would be all hard dollar costs of the event (Track rental, corner workers, underwriting/insurance, travel), plus a management fee to Chin Motorsports. $15,000/day would put you in the ballpark to do a nice event.
-- Make arrangements for your group to book together into one of our scheduled events. It would be a Chin Motorsports event, with our existing format, run groups and schedule, which provides more track time than most other track days. This would not be a private event, drivers from our general membership would also be participating. But, you could guarantee up front a certain minimum number of entries, and your entire group could get in the event together. An additional fee is applicable for special access to registration to book your group, in advance of general online registration for the event. All of our VIR dates routinely sell-out.

Please let us know if any of those options may be of interest. We hope to see you at the track.

Browse the CMS online discussion Forum for
event details, track talk, free classifieds. www.chinmotorsports.com

Drive Well,
Mark Hicks
GM, Chin Motorsports/TracQuest
office/fax - 770.277.6332
cell - 770.378.1694

Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
NOoooooO. How was your weekend, Dez?

Old 07-16-2007, 07:22 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Mark Hicks and Chin are a class act. I think it may be better for at least some of us to pick a Chin event and all go to it??? Or something like that??

Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
These are our options as of right now.

#1 Wait until November when the 08' schedules are finalized for VIR/RA for the people that can actually get the track (chin,PCA,etc) then pick an event to attend together. Chin would be nice because we wouldnt have 100+ cars like PCA does.

#2 Pick 1 or 2 weekdays to hold the event which means people would have to take off from work, vacation etc. I think our numbers would take a serious hit in doing this.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:47 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
#1 for sure...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
number 1 for sure and making sure we get everybody to sign up as soon as their registration opens up

Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
#1 for sure...
I agree easiest and most likely safest. Would give Mark Hicks a heads up and he may be able to help us?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 AM
The only problem with that is that they only have July, Nov. and Dec. events that are the same every year, so it's either one of the later ones this year or a year from now.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Jem335i is infamous around these parts
Option #1 would eliminate the possibility of anyone, and by anyone I mean Dez, getting stuck running the event that day...

Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The only problem with that is that they only have July, Nov. and Dec. events that are the same every year, so it's either one of the later ones this year or a year from now.
What's wrong with this Nov or Dec???

Old 07-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by Jem335i
Option #1 would eliminate the possibility of anyone, and by anyone I mean Dez, getting stuck running the event that day...
Oh that option has been eliminated already, I'll be driving, I'll chip in where neccesary, but for the most part, I want to drive

#1 Nov and Dec make the weather even more sketchy.

#2 Harder to get time off that late in the winter, holiday season etc.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:44 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Roebling Road is the best option to pull off w/o an organizer. Weekends anywhere is virtually impossible w/o using a group like Chin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08' Turbo Track Takeover