996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

08' Turbo Track Takeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 PM
samcar is infamous around these parts
Sorry but you are not gonna get a weekend at VIR. They have plenty of existing-customer organizations on waiting lists for those.

How about Mon Nov 19 with http://www.trackdaze.com or a custom event coordinated through http://www.get-fast.net ?

I sent this topic to one of the guys who coordinates both. Maybe he can help.

-Sam C.
93 RX-7 (fast.... when it runs)

Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
He has contacted me and we are trying to work something out but since it seems likely that we are not going to get a weekend date we are likely going to end up at someone elses event as opposed to having our own.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Good call. You may find that choice easier and better at first. Plus it will be much less work for you. It can be hard to fill weekdays. For instance Track Daze will be at VIR Full course 2 weeks from now and they only have like 110 cars signed up for 150+ spots. Chin was full during the week but that was only like 80 cars.

You could probably get a weekend at some place else. CMP, Roebling, Beaverun, Summit Point Shenandoah or Jefferson circuit, ect. Just none of the first rate tracks like RA or VIR.

Good luck and have fun-

-Sam C.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Silver_911 is infamous around these parts
Where is all the west coasters ??

I suggest we do Vegas, and use Spring Mountain. I work with SM all the time for DE/TT events, so I'm willing to help work out the track side of it.

Thoughts...anyone ....hello is this thing on ??

Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Well I guess, since we are relegated to doing a company event we should vote on which organization is preffered and about the timis of year we want to go. My vote is for NASA because I love running time trials, but we also have Chin, PCA and some others. So lets get some opinions on which group to go with. Generally times from year to year are in the same time fram so I'd expect that to continue.

2007 Dates

PCA April 25th, Aug 9th, sep 7th, sep 22nd
Chin July 4th 5th, Nov 4th, 5th
NASA Feb 23-25 (may be freezing, snow), March 30-april 1rst

My vote is for the 1rst or second event with NASA at VIR next year which will be in late for the first one or late march for the second.

NASA

Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
Anything west coast works for me. Are there any vehicle requirements for a private sponsered event....roll bar, fuel/battery c/o, harness, helmet, etc...the 993's ready for action but the turbo isn't there yet..Thanks

Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
My vote is for NASA because I love running time trials

My vote is for the 1rst or second event with NASA at VIR next year which will be in late for the first one or late march for the second.
Keep in mind there are not Time Trials during that Feb. NASA weekend at VIR. At least there werent this year. http://nasa-tt.com/Mid_Atlantic

Exact dates will probably be Feb. 22-24 or Mar. 28-30 2008.

There will also be timed runs (auto-x) on Patriot Course both those Sundays for a few extra bucks. And kart enduros Fri. & Sat. nights as usual.

-Sam C.

Last edited by samcar; 08-19-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
OKAY, here's the latest news, I figured we'd plan for spring to give everyone enough time to fit it into their schedule. Hope everyone didnt give up on the idea.

The plan is to get with Chin, PCA, THSSC or Audi Club (depending on who will have the most free space and best dates) and just prepare to have everyone sign up as soon as registration opens.

I have contacted VIR and they said the 08 Schedule should be out in a couple of weeks after they get the Races sorted out. When that happens we will pick a range of dates, contact the clubs hosting them, and start making plans.

I may also invite some corvette guys from that region since I know a few, but the people who commit here will take first prioriy for sure.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
1) Heavychevy - 1) VIR 2) RA
2) Tom Kerr - Road Atlanta
3) Sechsgang - VIR
4) Woodster - VIR
5) On Pole - VIR
6) Rmag - VIR
7) Jenk12m - 1) VIR 2) RA
8) Manalex - 1) RA 2) VIR
9) Data X - VIR
10) Neil - 1)RA 2) VIR
11) Gravdgr - Road Atlanta
12) Sean 996 - VIR
13) DHinkle - Road Atlanta
14) Beaner - Road Atlanta
15) Mikelly - 1 VIR 2 RA
16) mdrums -
17) mexico blue - Road Atlanta
18) arod -
19) tt surgeon - Road Atlanta
20) boost junkie - VIR
21) topgun - VIR
22) KPG - VIR
23) PJalexandre - VIR
24) buddyg - Vir (?)
25) jesc996tt - Road Atlanta
26) landjet - VIR
27) Al Norton - Road Atlanta
28) BMWDEMON - VIR
29) greg911 - VIR
30) BrianKeithSmith - VIR
31) Jean - VIR

This is the last list I had (I think)

Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Here is a flyer from the PCA-Corvette shootout that will be taking place at putnam park soon, I'd like to do something like this.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Yup, and barring any unforeseen issues with the car, I'm in 110%... I know a few (OK A LOT) of Vette guys, and although I bust their chops, I like them!

THSCC puts on a good show, as I've run with them a couple of times. Only knock against them is the time trial... you gotta run it to get in additional time on the track...
Mike

Old 09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Yup, and barring any unforeseen issues with the car, I'm in 110%... I know a few (OK A LOT) of Vette guys, and although I bust their chops, I like them!

THSCC puts on a good show, as I've run with them a couple of times. Only knock against them is the time trial... you gotta run it to get in additional time on the track...
Mike
Yeah, I've run with them too, pretty good group. Couldnt get in time trials at the time because of cage.

I'd like to get some of the vette guys out there.

Last edited by heavychevy; 09-10-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:55 PM
We are starting to get some tentative dates for VIR lined up. We need to have a venue picked out by mid december so people can start planning for it. I'd like to see the event done 1st quarter 08'.

Here are the dates and corresponding groups.

2008 - Tentative Dates

VIR-Full
FEB

9-10

Triangle Z/THSCCStacy KingDriving School + Time Trial
soon

VIR-Full
MAY

27-28

Triangle Z/THSCCStacy KingDriving School + Time Trial
soon

Old 10-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'll be in for the MAY event!

Mike

Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
greg911 is infamous around these parts
I should be able to make a spring event also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08' Turbo Track Takeover