996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

08' Turbo Track Takeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:06 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
this is gonna be a TON of fun...also, if we have rented the track out, we can always have some "drag races" for those who want to see where the cars at speedwise from one another...though not my style, could attract come more people...this is so cool...

Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Great idea, also post your preference of track as well. We'll just go with the majority vote.

1) Heavychevy - Either
2) Tom Kerr - Road Atlanta
3) Sechsgang - VIR
4) Woodster - VIR
5) On Pole
6) Rmag
7) Jenk12m
8) Manalex
9) Data X
10) Neil
11) Sean 996
i like how i'm on the list and i havent even posted anything yet , doesnt matter though. i was in as soon as heavychevy thought of this idea

Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Road Atlanta or Mid-Ohio for the Hinkle clan. Can my 993 RS run with the turbo gang?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DHinkle
Road Atlanta or Mid-Ohio for the Hinkle clan. Can my 993 RS run with the turbo gang?
Yeah, you'll crush lots of egos though so some people may not like you.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:10 AM
beaner is infamous around these parts
i'm in for Road Atlanta. i don't know if i can hang w/ the turbos, but i do ok w/ 996's. here is a little video from my last event at Sebring....http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...BOCSebring.flv

Old 07-07-2007, 09:55 AM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Yeah, you'll crush lots of egos though so some people may not like you.
500 + Hp on the back straight is a lot to overcome. I think the TT gang will do quite well with you leading the pack!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:56 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
And guys, heavychevy is faaaaassssssssTT.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:49 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DHinkle
500 + Hp on the back straight is a lot to overcome. I think the TT gang will do quite well with you leading the pack!
Well if it's at Road Atlanta I'll be great but I havent driven VIR before so it'll take some getting used to. I'd definitely like to do some laps with you because I'm sure you can help me get faster in 1-5 at Road Atlanta.

If we go to VIR I'd love to get some feedback from folks that have run the track a few times to get there opinions on the best lines for the turbo, rear engine etc. I think that would be awesome for the racing vets to share with us noobs. I may be able to turn some fast laps but I know I have a lot to learn to be a good racer, A WHOLE LOT.

I hate to ruin the surprise but I cant help it. JENK12M got a 997 GT3 today, it's the sweetness. Cant say enough about that car.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:20 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for Road Atlanta.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Great idea, also post your preference of track as well. We'll just go with the majority vote.

1) Heavychevy - 1) VIR 2) RA
2) Tom Kerr - Road Atlanta
3) Sechsgang - VIR
4) Woodster - VIR
5) On Pole - VIR
6) Rmag - VIR
7) Jenk12m - 1) VIR 2) RA
8) Manalex - 1) RA 2) VIR
9) Data X - VIR
10) Neil - 1)RA 2) VIR
11) Gravdgr - Road Atlanta
12) Sean 996 - VIR
13) DHinkle - Road Atlanta
14) Beaner - Road Atlanta
15) Mikelly - 1 VIR 2 RA
16) mdrums -
17) mexico blue - Road Atlanta
18) arod -
19) tt surgeon - Road Atlanta

Here is the updated list, just from 6 speed and in only a couple of days, just hope this goes to show that 6speed is home to many trackers too, we have just been seperated by all the subforums. And this is only east coast as well.

If you guys could, let me know if you could make the event at either location or if you can only make it to one because of location etc. Right now VIR is leading 5-4 not counting the either votes and I put either for us because we live here and are willing to travel, personally I'd like to try a new track so this would give me a definite date to do VIR, I know for sure I'll be doing RA several times a year.

Last edited by heavychevy; 07-09-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
NO love for canada?! I'd vote Mosport hahaha but i guess VIR or Road Atlanta would do just fine.

Alan

Old 07-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Ok I think wwe may have something going finally, I have recruited some folks from the other forums by p.m. and we should be able to garner enough interest to do a 6speed east coast track day, all Pcars welcome. I like it better that way anyways, more p cars to love. So we'll be working out the details pretty soon here but I'm really thinking we shoud try VIR or Road Atlanta from a geographical stand point being two of the premier east coast tracks as well. I'll just start a list for vehicles (only) who would like to drive at the event. The date would be spring of 08' so we have plenty of time to make to get the track, reservation and date optimal.

1) Heavychevy
I'm there... Defenitely... Would much prefer VIR, but would trailer down to Road Atlanta... Don't forget Roebling Road as an alternate as well... That's close to you Florida guys and I'm a huge fan of Savannah!

Couple things to consider with both track...

VIR has LODGING ON SITE, and is a world class track, on par with Watkins Glen...
Road Atlanta is also a world Class track on Par with Watkins Glen... Not sure of lodging accomidations, as I've not been there since the early 90s to track it.
VIR is pretty much offlimits after November, and until March... Any sooner and you've got serious threat of snow. More than one event has been impacted by freezing precip. there.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 07-08-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:30 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Sign us of for both Can't believe jenk got a 997 GT3...nice

Old 07-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Well if it's at Road Atlanta I'll be great but I havent driven VIR before so it'll take some getting used to. I'd definitely like to do some laps with you because I'm sure you can help me get faster in 1-5 at Road Atlanta.

If we go to VIR I'd love to get some feedback from folks that have run the track a few times to get there opinions on the best lines for the turbo, rear engine etc. I think that would be awesome for the racing vets to share with us noobs. I may be able to turn some fast laps but I know I have a lot to learn to be a good racer, A WHOLE LOT.

I hate to ruin the surprise but I cant help it. JENK12M got a 997 GT3 today, it's the sweetness. Cant say enough about that car.
Roebling would be cheaper to rent than Road Atlanta or VIR. Don't forget Mid-Ohio. It's centrally located for the east coast and is a great track.

VIR is a really fast track. I have not been there in three years. Let's plan on riding together at Road Atlanta the next time we're there at the same time.

With Jenk in the 997 GT3, you must be in the market for a 997 GT3 RS.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:48 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
VIR being a PARTICULARLY fast track just makes me think its the best place to turbo out a bit!

(or uhh..NA yup for you DHinkle and GT3ers...)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08' Turbo Track Takeover