996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

08' Turbo Track Takeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:06 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Maybe by power, skill, etc?

Bruce..don't even post.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tom kerr
... so when people "sign up" how bout they get assigned to run groups then we can really see who we are running with.
Just some thoughts......
Absolutely spot on, a must do if wheel to wheel racing, or a racing license should be mandatory IMO.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:11 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jean
Absolutely spot on, a must do if wheel to wheel racing, or a racing license should be mandatory IMO.
That wouldn't really make sense..Most guys on here don't have a racing license, Tom might, my dad does, but most of these guys dont.

Dont post Bruce..

Old 07-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
I am assuming Club racing in the US requires "some" sort of license? Is this not the case?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:18 PM
I am assuming Club racing in the US requires "some" sort of license? Is this not the case?
Well yes, thats what my dad does..But these guys aren't club racers, and we're not trying to do a race, we're trying to do a D.E., D.E.s dont require a race license.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Hey come on now "little"Hinkle..I could have an SCCA license very easy. My skills are easily on par with couple friend who have their SCCA license (road course). I don't race like that yet, so I have not even bothered with the cost of it. over $2k btw

I would be down for a west coast event!! i think some others from WA would be too! So Las Vegas would be sweet!

Old 07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Brucem
Hey come on now "little"Hinkle..I could have an SCCA license very easy. My skills are easily on par with couple friend who have their SCCA license (road course). I don't race like that yet, so I have not even bothered with the cost of it. over $2k btw

I would be down for a west coast event!! i think some others from WA would be too! So Las Vegas would be sweet!
Why don't you ship your car here and get a forza license before you get a SCCA license,

Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I would love to go, but both tracks are far (Not as far as Jean) from me. A west coast event would be great too.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Of course the open passing group would need cars with some level of preparation other than that for a DE. In any group I run my car with open passing (not racing) the cars all have roll bars, R compound tires, a fire extinquisher, and drivers need to wear full fire protection. Racing seat with 5-6 point harness also required for that group.

That of course would be one group, other groups of solo DE level driving also and then if people need instructors well then that is another topic!!

Old 07-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Why don't you ship your car here and get a forza license before you get a SCCA license,
the thought is there to ship it out.. depends when it is! crap have Leh bring down the GT3rsr and I will drive that lol

and I schooled you all night at Forza.. shut it

Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Brucem
the thought is there to ship it out.. depends when it is! crap have Leh bring down the GT3rsr and I will drive that lol

and I schooled you all night at Forza.. shut it
On the oval track while you were eating your turkey burger thing and drinking your drinks while singing..

Sorry for hi-jack Dez, its Bruce's fought.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'll pony up $1000 towards the effort... Who else is in for a "G"?

Mike

Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Of course we will designate run groups. I do have to agree with MiniD that I dont think we will have enough people there with racing liscenses, I dont have one, though I do have a time trial liscense, I think at that point I'll be working towards one but wont have it yet.

As with most groups we will classify people based on driving experience and number of DE's/TT's/W2W. Tom, I'm sure yourself and Dave would be among the people in the highest grouping and based on your experience as an instructor I would prefer that you guys also set the class rules. I think most of the people we will get have moderat experience in HPDE, not to mention we will have several people from the area that have done the track several times before. I dont think # of people on track will be an issue and nor will loads of traffic, to add to this we can always start off slow and work our way up meaning point bys in every group (only certain sections for middle to novice groups).

There are way to do this so that everyone is happy however I beleive the most experienced guys will be the ones to suffer for the fact that we wont have that many w2w racers there and unless you want to be in a group of 5 or 6 (which will totally still be possible) you will have to be on track with lesser (experienced) drivers and in that case we would drive under the rules that the least experienced person in the group is used to (meaning open passing or no) at least for the first session.

I think the top group should be open passing with NO DIVE BOMBING and the rest will be point bys in designated areas. I have done many open passing sessions before and think I should be able to run in this group and that is something we will have to trust that everyone will be honest with themselves.

Frankly with our numbers there wont be tons of passes in a day period, but trust that we wont stick you on the track with noobs (with tons of HP) for the experienced guys. If you can, go over and get some of those guys from Rennlist and we can have a racer group that is just like a racing group only no clock, but I think we need sufficient numbers to make it a seperate group.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
The class system will be interesting...

So extremely loosly..will it look like

First Timers (doubt too many)
Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced

or

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Prepped (cars equipped with all the gear for racing with licenced or qualified driver)

or what?

As far as the passing is concerned...I think beginner through intermediate/advanced(in my second set of possibilities) should have point bys on the small straights (3-4 etc) and open on the back and front straights(advanced a BIT more lax) just for the sake of absolutely making sure everyone knows whats going to happen so no aweful wrecks happen...the Prepped or whatever the highest class could use VERY conservative OPEN passing but A) no diving and B) point bys in curvy sections...

Either way...this will be fun...lets see where people put themselves first and then decide how to break things up...

BTW..SCCA regional and Skip barbar license here...

Old 07-13-2007, 12:55 AM
IMO, looks like a DE session in 3 separate groups and a time trial rather than a W2W might be the safest and most fun thing to do?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08' Turbo Track Takeover