996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Will anyone ever post a 9 second 1/4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:55 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Will anyone ever post a 9 second 1/4?

I really thought that one of our super tuned members would have done this by now?

Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
I think that rein still lies under the air cooled belt, cheers, Sonny.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I haven't had a chance to take my car to the track yet, Buddy. So be patient, my friend...I just might pull a rabbit out my hat.

IRT the air-cooled cars...the 996's have already beaten their fastest 60-130 and 100-200 kph times. It's only a matter of tim before we top the 1/4 mile times as well. Water-cooled is superior (flame suit on).

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-03-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:08 AM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I haven't had a chance to take my car to the track yet, Buddy. So be patient, my friend. I just may get lucky.

IRT the air-cooled cars...the 996's have already beaten their fastest 60-130 and 100-200 kph times. It's only a matter of tim before we top the 1/4 mile times as well. Water-cooled is superior (flame suit on).
That's because air cooled guys don't really use the internet, and most don't care about a time as insignificant as a 60mph-130mph. We don't do roll-ons, like you 996 guys....

P.S. You guys only need to shave, what, .9 seconds off the fastest ET you got? Should be easy, just wax the car next time.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mclaren55
That's because air cooled guys don't really use the internet, and most don't care about a time as insignificant as a 60mph-130mph. We don't do roll-ons, like you 996 guys....
Sure they do. It's called Rennlist. The fastest air-cooled cars on the planet are over there. They have quite comprehensive 60-130, 100-200 and 100-300 kph listings on that forum.

P.S. You guys only need to shave, what, .9 seconds off the fastest ET you got? Should be easy, just wax the car next time.
Or we could install V-8 in our cars like Bello had in his when he ran that time. That would probably make it easier.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Marco Prieno never has posted on any forums and probably has one of the quickest aircooled cars around. Not everyone is like us, and I gaurantee there is a 930 out there that hauls ***, that no one knows about.

His did 10.3@154mph, on a road racing RA1... About 4 years ago.

Where is that list on rennlist, I'm on it and haven't stumbled across it.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Marco Prieno never has posted on any forums and probably has one of the quickest aircooled cars around. Not everyone is like us, and I gaurantee there is a 930 out there that hauls ***, that no one knows about.

His did 10.3@154mph, on a road racing RA1... About 4 years ago.

Where is that list on rennlist, I'm on it and haven't stumbled across it.
I have no doubt there are more than a few car owners running around that aren't online....but just like you did IRT Marco's car, others will post about fast cars that they know about. So yes, we pretty much hear about all of them online at some point.

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before all of the records that are set by air-cooled cars are smashed by water-cooled cars. They (air-cooled cars) have had over 15 years to get fast and aren't getting much faster. We've had maybe 6 at the most and are getting faster all the time.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-03-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I have no doubt there are more than a few car owners running around that aren't online....but just like you did IRT Marco's car, others will post about fast cars that they know about. So yes, we pretty much hear about all of them online at some point.

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before all of the records that are set by air-cooled cars are smashed by water-cooled cars. They (air-cooled cars) have had over 15 years to get fast and aren't getting much faster. We've had maybe 6 at the most and are getting faster all the time.
Look at how man aircooled cars only focused on drag, and the number of units produced. Sure there is going to be more developement in the 996 series, they had the largest production numbers 10 fold when compared to previous models. As for not getting faster, don't worry about that, I have a feeling there is going to be a 8 second air cooled Porsche roaming around soon. Don't get me wrong, the watercooled cars are great, but they won't ever be quicker in a 1/4 then the air cooled's, at least not in the next 3-4 years.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Look at how man aircooled cars only focused on drag, and the number of units produced. Sure there is going to be more developement in the 996 series, they had the largest production numbers 10 fold when compared to previous models. As for not getting faster, don't worry about that, I have a feeling there is going to be a 8 second air cooled Porsche roaming around soon.
I know of one myself. He'll hit 8's very shortly in his 993. But he even admits that the water-cooled cars are better platforms (he owns both).

Don't get me wrong, the watercooled cars are great, but they won't ever be quicker in a 1/4 then the air cooled's, at least not in the next 3-4 years.
I don't think it'll take that long, but we'll both have to wait and see.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I'm sure we will see some 9's by more then one member/car, very shortly Goodluck guys !

Old 06-03-2007, 12:29 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
The part of this obsession with 9s that I find funny is that it seems to be well accepted that our cars aren't built for launching. You boys should be focused on trap speed, which is more tightly coupled to hp than is the ET.

Who'll run the first 150?

Launchwise, my dinosaur-tech Camaro cut 1.4x 60 foots all day on the way to mid-9 second passes. But so what? The tt puts a bigger smile on my face on the street, which is where I spend 99.99% of my car time.

Jeff

Old 06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Im almost ready.... should be good this week.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-03-2007, 01:39 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
The part of this obsession with 9s that I find funny is that it seems to be well accepted that our cars aren't built for launching. You boys should be focused on trap speed, which is more tightly coupled to hp than is the ET.

Who'll run the first 150?

Launchwise, my dinosaur-tech Camaro cut 1.4x 60 foots all day on the way to mid-9 second passes. But so what? The tt puts a bigger smile on my face on the street, which is where I spend 99.99% of my car time.

Jeff
Exactly. I really want to see a 150+ trap speed.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
I am more focused on trap speed. I talk about it extensively in the first post of the 1/4 mile, 60-130 thread

But 9's is a great benchmark to work towards as well.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-03-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Scott,
Are you certain that Bello had a V8 in his 911 when he ran his 9.1?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.