996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Proto 996TT vs three 10-second Cobras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
With the custom exhaust, do you have drone?

Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
scott, your car is insane. i cannot even imagine how fast that turbo is. i bet you grin from ear to ear everytime you even start it up, let alone drive it! cant wait to see what you run at the track.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Scott
With the custom exhaust, do you have drone?
Rob,

My exhaust is too loud to notice if I have drone or not.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
scott, your car is insane. i cannot even imagine how fast that turbo is. i bet you grin from ear to ear everytime you even start it up, let alone drive it! cant wait to see what you run at the track.
Thanks man. I really, really enjoy her. Actually, I love the damn thing.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:16 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
On a side note; I think I'm getting a '03/'04 Cobra when I get home from Iraq. Or maybe a Shelby GT500 depending on how much their prices drop. I really like those cars and would enjoy having one in the garage next to the P-car.
Scott, for what it is worth I just test drove a Roush 427R Mustang with a friend who was looking for a Sunday car. It was an underwhelming experience. The SC sounded like an air raid siren and i couldnt help but look down thinking the parking brake was still on because the car felt like it was holding back. The braking and cornering....well you wont be impressed. Very heavy body roll and the brakes where not Porsche quality even though this car had upgraded brakes and suspension....could be a fun car but the sticker was north of 50K...ouch. Get a Cayman if the 950R is lonely. Kevin

Old 06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
dkp993 is infamous around these parts
If done right a mustang can be a nice "fun" car. It's no Porsche for sure but I had a S/C'd 98 that was putting down 500 to the wheels and I miss it. I too am thinking of adding an 03/04 cobra or GT500 to the mix soon.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Scott, for what it is worth I just test drove a Roush 427R Mustang with a friend who was looking for a Sunday car. It was an underwhelming experience. The SC sounded like an air raid siren and i couldnt help but look down thinking the parking brake was still on because the car felt like it was holding back. The braking and cornering....well you wont be impressed. Very heavy body roll and the brakes where not Porsche quality even though this car had upgraded brakes and suspension....could be a fun car but the sticker was north of 50K...ouch. Get a Cayman if the 950R is lonely. Kevin

Thank, Kev.....but I like Mustangs. I had a Mach 1 that only made 320 rwhp, but that thing was a blast. I'd really enjoy a 600+ rwhp Cobra to play around with when the P-car is taking a break.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
davenew is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Thank, Kev.....but I like Mustangs. I had a Mach 1 that only made 320 rwhp, but that thing was a blast. I'd really enjoy a 600+ rwhp Cobra to play around with when the P-car is taking a break.
I spoke with a guy recently in ocean view who pulled up in a red GT500 with two white stripes down the center. The car is very impressive! It definitely isn't in the same league as your porsche but I'll bet it would be very fun to drive around town. The engine has a label plate with the signature of the person who built it. My audi has been down for engine upgrades so I was driving my old beat up saab turbo. Needless to say, the older mustang guy joked me about the foreign car.