996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Proto 996TT vs three 10-second Cobras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Proto 996TT vs three 10-second Cobras

Had some fun in Mexico last night against three seperate, heavily modded Cobras, one right after the other. We were all running 93 octane fuel.

One of the Cobras is running a Kenne Belle, the other a Whipple, and the last one was running something different. I can't remember the name of it. But here's a couple of pics of his setup for those that follow Cobras:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...Picture013.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...Picture155.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...Picture036.jpg

Anyway, 2 of the Cobras have already run 10.7-10.8 @ 132+. The one in the pics hasn't hit the track with his new setup yet, but should hit 10's easily as well.

Short story shorter; I pulled each of them numerous times from a roll without drama. One right after the other. We were all making similar HP on 93, but I make more torque, have a higher redline, and weigh less. So the advantage was mine.

No vids to post, but I do have some quotes from each of them about our runs that they posted on a local forum. These are really good guys and I appreciate their compliments. It was fun hanging out with them last night.

Originally Posted by R
I got my *** waxed three times by Scott tonight. He left me like I was sitting still. I am his ***** for sure. That ****ing car is unbelievable fast. Its a rocket.

Originally Posted by S
Scott's car is bad ***. I can't imagine what it would be like with a little race gas in the mix.

Originally Posted by D
Scott is definitely in another level, I cant believe that thing has extra 200+rwhp still in it!!!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-04-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:16 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Scott,

Great runs. Now get that thing to the track so we can see some record setting numbers .

Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John D II
Scott,

Great runs. Now get that thing to the track so we can see some record setting numbers .
I'm shooting for a track rental on the 23rd, John. Unfortunately it's a Ford and Chevy track rental, so I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to attend...but a friend is looking into it for me.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice... you will put down some very impressive numbers I'm sure. What are your expectations and "gut" feelings?

Old 06-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Nice... you will put down some very impressive numbers I'm sure. What are your expectations and "gut" feelings?
My only official prediction is that I'll run better than 10.6 @ 136 (my previous best).

Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Scott, when your on 93, what boost are you running? .9? and bhp is 700 at the crank?

thanks, and fantastic that you had fun...

best,
adam

Old 06-04-2007, 08:07 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
Great to hear you are having fun! For those who are looking to have some free dyno and ofcourse several runs in Mexico I welcome all my fellow six speeders to the TEXAS JAM!! It is dyno run off ;then ofcourse, the real action takes place in a place called Mexico. The date of all this action in August 18 and will be in Dallas. You can find more info here http://www.houstonperformancedriving.com/

Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by AdamT
Scott, when your on 93, what boost are you running? .9? and bhp is 700 at the crank?

thanks, and fantastic that you had fun...

best,
adam
Adam,

Yes, when I'm running .9 BAR I'm making 710-720 crank HP. My car was actually boosting to 1.0 BAR last night (due to the dry and cool weather we had) so I was actually at 790 crank HP (690 rwhp). The car ran great on 93 octane at that level.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-04-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:17 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing HP numbers for such low Boost!!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Amazing HP numbers for such low Boost!!

Just think, Rob...Mark makes 75+ more HP than I do at the same boost levels.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-04-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Serious Cobras!!

Scott,

You (and Todd K.) have come up with THE killer set-up, You will
surprise many disbelievers this summer. Enjoy in safe locations.

MK

Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
very nice, you are the mongoose for sure.....

Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Nice kills,now stop picking on the mustang guys and go hit up those TTVipers and Supras ya bully.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by joetwint
Nice kills,now stop picking on the mustang guys and go hit up those TTVipers and Supras ya bully.
I wish I could find some, Joe. Not many huge HP cars in my immediate area. The Top Dogs are in the 600-800 rwhp range.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 AM
There are going to be some TT Vipers and Supras at the Texas Jam.. I think Ben will becoming down with his amazing Supra AKA Jedi ... want a beautiful Supra! I wish Joe, Mark, Todd Z, Craig and ofcourse you (Scott) would come down :-) I am so lonely at these events.. I need some other 6speeders!! Once again congrats.. actually congrats to ALL who are pushing the envelope !
Cheers
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proto 996TT vs three 10-second Cobras