996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid Racing Customer Service ?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
My experience with Vivid was non exsistant. I had received a few invites from Dan to have some stuff done on my 996tt and a invite to a Dyno Day. I could not make it the day they invited me so I thought I would try to use them for somethinmg down the road as Dan seemed pretty cool. I called them in December twice to inquire about any aftermarket upgrades they may have for my Bentley GT. Both times I was told "yes" and that I would defiantly get a call right back to go over options but never heard a word back on either occasion? I dont know who I spoke too? The contact I did have with Dan via Private Message about my 996TT was good, he seems like a good guy!

So, I have not had a Bad or Good experience - Just NO experience with Vivid. Hope you get your troubles worked out Marty.

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 06-05-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
As I have previously stated, couple of smooth transactions for me and recently discussed an exhaust for my Cayman. No hesitation to have them wrench on my car.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:51 PM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
I have dealt with Dan at Vividracing. He is a super nice guy. A matter of fact on 2 occassions he told me if I bought it got it didn't like it send it back. So I did! No problem at all. Maybe some friendly Razzing. Which I provoked I own a small business we ship 1000-1500 orders a month. We make mistakes they can't be helped. I also realize it's much easier to ***** then to post praise. Just human nature. This is not intended toward Woodster. Anyone in business can relate. I have bought quite a few things from vivid. Dan is a hard worker taking orders from at 1am before In this business Vivid is the Walmart of performance. They carry alot at very good prices. Issues are bound to happen as long as they are taken care of quickly and professionally. No harm no foul!

Old 06-05-2007, 05:57 PM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Sometimes things get screwed up in business. I have bought many things from Dan and have gotten great service.

He will make things right...

Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Gary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I ordered Yellow 6-piston Brembos directly from Dan @ Vivid on 3-1-07 (I have hard copy). I sent $500 to secure order.
I (as I had told Dan) Paid the balance in mid April and at that time
was told that the yellows were unavailable buy I could buy the reds
and PAY Vivid to have them powder coated ( ).
If it's any consolation I may be able to offer some insight for the Brembo brake kit.

Yellow has been advertised in the Brembo catalog as an option since February 07.
Since it was expected that Yellow calipers would be available some time between the printing the Winter and Spring catalogs, the decision was to add it to the earlier version. As of today, Yellow is still not available, in stock, as a standard color. (2 more weeks is the current ETA).

Whether it's a matter of customer service or simply miscommunication, I do believe that the vendor has just as much right to defend himself as the consumer does to post his experience. Hopefully this bit if information helps in finding the source or the misunderstanding.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned
GrettW is infamous around these parts
I recently dropped 6500 with Dan for a suspension/wheel package and he has come through on everything he promised! Patience is a virtue when it comes to ordering car parts, they dont generally have everything in stock right when you order it and sometimes their suppliers lag leaving the retailer in this case vivid to take the heat for a prolonged transaction. Shops are run by humans and no human is perfect so its best to work through the situation with the retailer rather then berate them publicly. It took about two months for me to get my suspension, but I realized that it was out of Vivids hands and they couldnt fly to Japan just to get my set of coilovers, they had to wait for their shipment from JIC. Throughout the entire time Dan responded promptly to all my questions and he continues to do so, I even spoke with Brett once and he was very professional. I cant wait to get my Time attacks from them and look forward to doing business with them in the future! Also, I'd like to say that there are a plethora of shops that are absolutely robbing people on porsche parts and installation of these parts, Vivid is making the ability to mod your porsche that much more affordable by offering great pricing.

Two thumbs up for VIVID!

Old 06-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
my experience with dan was a smooth one, how else would i get my cool wheels that everyone loves I hope everything works out, im sure vivid had your back.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
manalex is infamous around these parts
I've ordered from Vivid and was thoroughly satisfied and would order from them again. I'm sure mistakes have been made, but I trust Woodster has been taken care of by this time. The guys at Vivid and Woodster each seem like a good folks that got caught up in a difficult situation.

There is no gain in not only destroying a vendors credability and reputation, moreover members going out of their way to amplify this. Shiv @ Vishnu was even ran off this board, what's next gentlemen?
This is a sad state of this is true. It seems that both Vivid and Shiv were trying to bring alternatives to the current establishment-the "piling on" hurts us all.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:59 PM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Group hug!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by club411
Group hug!
Adios...this is becoming more of a circle jerk...

Old 06-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I spent a fair amount of money with Dan @ vivdracing this year. He has been very helpful and often went far beyond regular customer service. He always responded promptly, never tried to sell me something I did not need... and even placed an order on a set of HRE rims without my deposit in hand.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
I'm completely satisfied with my Vivid experiences so far. Woodster's situation sounds like a communication breakdown that got out of hand.

I hope Woodster put some effort into explaining his side of the story directly to Vivid before "going public" on this fairly volatile forum, just as I hope Vivid was making a good faith effort to fill Woodster's order without needing any prompting from Woodster.

Jeff

Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
A case in point:
I helped a friend of mine with a stage 2 for his Audi A6. we placed an order from a 6speed sponsor( not going to mention names).... happens so that Miltek stated to the tuner that they have the full exhaust so we ordered it. When it showed up we found out that it was not the correct one and that the Tuner himself did not know. Thus, was it the tuner or Miltek that scewed up?
My friend was pissed to hell because he took the car to the dealer... put the car up the rack... took the old exhaust off and realized that it was the wrong one. so he had to put back the stock parts on just to drive home.
This happens all the time... and NO it was not Vivid racing...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 06-05-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:05 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I never said Dan was a bad guy, in fact my conversations up until the last
one were good (common when I am spending thousands and the guy on
the other end of the line is recieving them). I simply felt the need to publicly
address this after talking to others who have experienced similar things.
My three orders should not have required about 24 emails and several phone calls. I understand problems arise, but I had problems on ALL 3 Items.
As of today I have recd just (1) item. Vivid is in the process of trying to work it out, unfortunately in this crazy business time is of the essence and
Protomotive will be closed from 6-7 to 6-15 so that extents my time even further. All Vivid can do now is get me the products, they were paid for long ago. I do not wish ill feelings on Vivid and am glad to hear others are having
some good experiences.

MK

Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
What can I say, the customer is always right, rule #1 of business. Never dealt with vivid, too 'hard sell' for me, others have with reportedly mixed results. Remember, the guys here, tend to be in the higher income brackets(read 6-7 figures) and talk with their wallets. Don't take them for granted. If they feel they've been burned, they (and their friends )won't be back anytime soon. Just food for thought from a guy who just spent 130k to go fast and will likely spend a lot more!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing Customer Service ?????