996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid Racing Customer Service ?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Well i just ordered a set of hoses from them and they got them right out the door, so that was a good experience.

Unfortunately i read about the product a bit closer (post order) and realized that I wanted to go a different route based on the warranty duration on the hoses...So we'll see how cool they are about that, but based on talking to them the other day and some of the posts on this thread I assume I'll be okay.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
I'll never buy from them...if they are not intested in service, they don't need my money!!!

My first statement was a little harsh. I'll retract it was not my place to say as I did...

After my posting I see that there are many people that have had pleasent experiences with Vivid Racing.

I have had problems with vendors in the past and this just set me off, sorry Dan.

Last edited by porschedude996T; 06-07-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
My stuff always arrived on time with out hassle. I bought all of my suspension from them at a great price (much less than anyone else). The only issue I ever had with any part I bought was I got it did not like it called them and sent it back with no problem. I will always give vivid my business. One of the few guys who sells parts at a few points under the Porsche TAX. They carry quality stuff at rock bottom prices. You guys should be buying from Dan direct anyways he can give you a better deal and personal service if thats what your after.

This whole thread seems to be a witch hunt.

BTW if this is a circle jerk who's going to eat the *******

Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
schnazzy is infamous around these parts
I had a great experience with VIVID.

I have only purchased from them once (as of this post). Dan was not available when I called (some type of race or something so someone else picked up the phone. The part (k/n drycharger cold air kit) wasn't supposed to be in stock until Monday and I need the part on Tuesday. They called k/n and got me the kit sent out and I received it before 11am on Tuesday (shipped to the shop directly). All I can say is they were great to me, called back when they said they would, emailed me the invoice, gave me the tracking number etc. and this for ~$300 order. Painless perfection.

So my experience was 100% great! And in a week or so I should be calling Dan for something else. These cars are adicting!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 PM
cab4kw is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I ordered a pair of 15 inch 6 piston Brembo GT brakes from Dan Thursday night and received the entire order in 2 business day (free shipping). Communications (email, phone calls, messages) have been excellent. Brembo oil came on the same day from a different vendor. Will definately do business again.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Marty is a good guy. I am not a bad person either. Thank you for your support.

That sucks about Proto being closed. Stuff is in process and both Amanda in customer service and Brett the president are on top of getting you the missing item. If you have any other issues, you have our emails and phone number to contact us.

thanks
Dan

Old 06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
GL996TT is infamous around these parts
I bought lots stuff for my 996 turbo from Dan at Vivid racing couple month ago. He is great person to deal with it. He also charged my credit card pretty fast too................lol J/K

Old 06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
LOL very funny Hope the Exhaust and Hoses are still beating out Lambos

Old 06-06-2007, 03:17 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
+ 1 for Dan. He's a good guy and trying, give him a break. Communication breakdowns happen all the time. The fact is that if there's a problem, he seems to address it quickly and as best he can, and then escalates when it becomes a more serious situation. Sounds like his whole crew including Brett is on the case now, and that's probably a good thing given the new "tough crowd" they're starting to sell to.

He got my order out to me here pretty damn quick, and is always great to talk to. He is an enthusiast himself, and his presence here is absolutely good-natured.

Marty's situation sucks, and sometimes posts like this are necessary if you got truly ripped-off or defrauded (which I don't believe is the case here). All Vivid can do here is communicate the issue, rectify it as best they can, and move on. You can't please all the people all the time, and you're not going to always have 100% customer satisfaction.

I for one have all the confidence in the world that they're going to get it right, and always appreciate a good honest competitor in a marketplace like these guys. Good luck Dan.

Last edited by jimmer23; 06-06-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
I have purchased about $8,000 worth of product off of Dan. He has been nothing but extremely helpful with everything including educating me on coilovers, wheels, etc. Hell, he even gave me his personal cell phone number to contact him when he was away from the shop. Like somebody just pointed out, he is an enthusiast himself and lives for this stuff.

Things do happen with vendors and I know it ultimately comes back to who sold the stuff to you (Vivid in this case). I had a helluva time with one of Dan's vendors relating to a defective part. Dan stepped up to the plate and covered my out of pocket costs immediately and then he settled up with the vendor. I was taken care of first by Dan and didn't have to deal with the vendor myself for payment.

Sometimes things get delayed but I would bet most of the time it is out of Dan's hands. For instance, I ordered a set of wheels that I thought would take about 8 weeks....it ended taking 10 weeks and I started to get pissed but it wasn't Dan or Brett's fault, it just got held up with the vendor. I found the folks at Vivid to be easily accessible and very responsive. I would most certainly do more business with these folks....there is just one vendor that Dan deals with that I would have second thoughts about buying their product again and they will remain unnamed.

Hats off to Vivid.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
rizzy3000 is infamous around these parts
I reccently found an old ad in the classifieds of Vivid selling the factory rotors and calipers off of their 996TT. I contacted Dan, got an immediate response and negotiated a deal. I wired him the money and received the complete brake system on time and as promised. Not only did Dan keep me updated (while on the Road @ The Bull Run), but his packaging was nothing short of stellar. I can't sit around and let his name/company get bashed without offering my experience.
~Renard

Old 06-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Well i just ordered a set of hoses from them and they got them right out the door, so that was a good experience.

Unfortunately i read about the product a bit closer (post order) and realized that I wanted to go a different route based on the warranty duration on the hoses...So we'll see how cool they are about that, but based on talking to them the other day and some of the posts on this thread I assume I'll be okay.

I got that email and forwarded it to Dan since he was the rep on it. He responded to you and cc'd me. Let us know if you need anything else, and I'm guessing you'll be happy with the response.

-brett

Old 06-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned
1QUIK993 is infamous around these parts
I've only done business with Vivid once, but it went quite well. I plan on ordering more wheels for my other cars and will definitely give them my business when I decide to do so. Thanks guys!

Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 PM
su20 is infamous around these parts
I really think people should be careful with forums like this. They are incredible sources of info, but people tend to "pile on" to topics when they really don't have a first hand perspective. People who have not dealt with Vivid shouldn't be posting opinions. Just my opinion.

I read good feedback about Vivid on rennlist, so when it came time to upgrade my suspension (JIC cross), and get a ssk, I contacted Dan. Couldn't imagine a better transaction. Price was competitive, and the service was great. I received the parts quickly, he was very communicative, and he's followed up a number of times to make sure I was happy (which I am).

From my perspective, they're committed to this community. It's a shame that anyone has a bad experience, but it does no service to our porsche community for people who have no experience with Vivid to jump in and flame them. It will only serve to drive away new, small companies that are trying to keep the market for [expensive] aftermarket parts competitive.

We need Vivid and companies like them, otherwise the big guys' marketing people will continue to say "jack those prices up, these guys are Porsche owners for God's sake!" And I'm saying that as a career marketing professional!

Just keep this all in perspective, guys. I believe the guys at Vivid have our best interests at heart, and I have a couple interactions and a couple thousand dollars worth of transactions to back that up. If you're considering buying something, go back through this thread and give creds to the people that have dealt with Vivid, discard the posts that have no basis, and make your decision.

(BTW, I'm an active member on a number of the other forums, but when I came across this posting, I had to register so I could post a response.)

Last edited by su20; 06-07-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
I got that email and forwarded it to Dan since he was the rep on it. He responded to you and cc'd me. Let us know if you need anything else, and I'm guessing you'll be happy with the response.

-brett
cool thanks Brett. i've been out of town and had my laptop ripped of when in Santa Clara so havent been able to get to that email account. should be on it by tomorrow and able to respond.
thanks again guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing Customer Service ?????