996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid Racing Customer Service ?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs down Vivid Racing Customer Service ?????

I wanted to share with this board my experience with a relatively
new board sponsor Vivid Racing (unfortunately, not great )

I ordered Yellow 6-piston Brembos directly from Dan @ Vivid
on 3-1-07 (I have hard copy). I sent $500 to secure order.
I (as I had told Dan) Paid the balance in mid April and at that time
was told that the yellows were unavailable buy I could buy the reds
and PAY Vivid to have them powder coated ( ). I settled on the
reds and after they were shipped to the wrong location and lost in
some "black hole" they appeared at Protomotive on friday April 27th
after many phone calls and emails. That product only took 2 months.

I then ordered a fairly simple request: More of the same brake fluid that
came with the Brembos so that I could flush and fill the entire system.
This was on 5-12-07 via email to Dan. The brake fluid has still not arrived.
I have called and talked to no less than 3 people about this. This is obviously very SPECIAL brake fluid. .

I then in my infinite wisdom and self punishment ordered another product that they advertise and apparently have no inventory of ANYTHING:
a AutoPower Roll Cage on 4-23-07. The idea was to have Protomotive
put it in while my car is there. As the mysterious delivery date extended out into mid may, I changed ship to, to my office in Minnesota. I then seeing that
my car is still at Protomotive had them switch ship to to Protomotive: Any
guesses where FED EX freight wanted to drop it off today ??? Yes, Minnesota. I refused shipment and then "discussed with Dan" why I did not
want to except it in Minnesota and then ship it myself down to Protomotive.
I told him this was not "part of my plan".

So here I am, No brake fluid, and no roll cage as of today.

Good luck with anyone that does business with them. I also have a very
cute link to the Suburu board that banned them and Rennlist that banned
them. I really tried to support the new guy, but from now on I will go
to proven Vendors like Sharkey, etc. who actually care if something doesnt
go absolutely perfect.

Sorry to share the bad news

MK

Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
If you need a DAS I have one I could mail today to Todd if that helps.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Dang Marty.

Sorry to hear this! First the incident w/ Orton and now this.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
You are a sucker for punishment aren't you?

Just a suggestion but quit ordering from them!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:24 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Were you by chance TOLD Brembo does not carry a GT kit in yellow unless it's special order? We only stock red, black, and silver. There are very (and I do mean very) few part numbers from Brembo that come yellow out of the box.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I have no personal experiences with Vivid and, therefore, no opinion on their service. That being said, I have seen the following posts about them on other forums:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...9&page=1&pp=15

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337726

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/arch.../t-893301.html

Craig

Old 06-05-2007, 10:54 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
sucks to hear about all the issues you've had. i hope it all gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:06 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I just wanted to say I will not say anything more.
If Vivid comes on and says their side, I dont care.

The dates above explain it fairly well and the incovenience to
Todd Knighton as a result of ME ordering stuff that has NOW affected
HIS very, very, very, very overworked 7 days a week schedule makes me
want to scream. 4 weeks on Brake fluid ????

MK

Old 06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Hang in there Marty... it is a character building experience....

Old 06-05-2007, 11:19 AM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
Hasn't Vivid Racing been pretty active on this board lately? They have the yellow TT, right?

Old 06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
That sucks Marty, I've also had some pretty frustrating experiences with them but on much less spendy items. And I wouldn't have spoken up about it unless another member said something. But because of my two experiences alone, I won't shop with them again.

Sorry Dan, you seem like a nice guy but your company's customer service (never could deal with you direct) is not up to par.

Last edited by silversurfer; 06-05-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:04 PM
melsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura about
^ same here

thank you for posting your experience here with them. i thought i was the only one with bad experience with vivid

Last edited by melsta; 06-05-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
There is a set of 6piston yellow brembos on THEIR 996TT. Just installed for the luxury and exotics magazine article...

Old 06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
There is no bad experience... Marty was rectified quite fast. Brembo sent out the Fluid asap and his cage should be delivered.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:33 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
According to YOUR customer there was a BAD experience from his view point so you should be concerned about that.

This type of response obviously shows you don't know anything about customer service!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing Customer Service ?????