996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video: Proto TT vs BMW M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
He's referencing the very flawed maximum TQ assumptions that you posted on the Rennlist 993TT forum, Jean.
Glad I am providing some laughs for you and your friends across forums.

Is it my very flawed assumptions, or maybe your lack of understanding of them?
Or maybe is it your very flawed chassis dyno numbers?
Or maybe flawed imagination?

It could be either one, right?

If you don't like my assumptions, just agree to disagree and move on?.

Last edited by Jean; 06-09-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Glad I am providing some laughs for you and your friends across forums.
We appreciate it as well.

If you don't like my assumptions, just agree to disagree and move on?.
I already have. I was simply explaining what Andrew was talking about...since you asked.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Good! So I am not alone laughing, only mine are at the 1000 lbs ft torque numbers posted and a few other claims

Old 06-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned
Dan@EVO is infamous around these parts
Watched it again

Old 06-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Good! So I am not alone laughing, only mine are at the 1000 lbs ft torque numbers posted and a few other claims
Maybe when you finally have that much torque, you're car will be as fast as those that already do.

The really funny thing is, your tuner agrees that I'm making that much torque. You might want to try bouncing your BS formulas off of him and see how it far it gets you.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-09-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Not sure where my car's performance fits here or what it has to do with this, but remember I am the poor aircooled cousin, I will live dreaming and hoping, until I decide to go to 1.3-1.4 Bar that is.

Edit: Oh you edited and added to your post..

The really funny thing is, your tuner agrees that I'm making that much torque. You might want to try bouncing your BS formulas off of him and see how it far it gets you.
I thought you moved on?
"My" BS formulas are in every automotive physics book around, Todd was shared these long time ago, he absolutely loved them.

Last edited by Jean; 06-10-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
LOL...I'll be in Iraq from August until next February...so that counts as next year.
I see. Stay safe mate! I hope it'll be easier there by then. I'll try to think what will be the next stage

Old 06-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I keep watching this video and all I can say is DAMN!

Old 06-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Gabriel
I see. Stay safe mate! I hope it'll be easier there by then. I'll try to think what will be the next stage
Not a whole lot, bro. Turbo work, valves and tuning. Thanks.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:56 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Not a whole lot, bro. Turbo work, valves and tuning. Thanks.
Scott, you are referring to valves in the head I assume. Are you concerned bigger valves will move your tq band higher in the RPM range or are you looking for a bit more on top. Kevin

Old 06-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by KPG
Scott, you are referring to valves in the head I assume. Are you concerned bigger valves will move your tq band higher in the RPM range or are you looking for a bit more on top. Kevin
Kevin,

The setup I have "planned" should either move the tq band lower or keep it the same as it is now, but still give me significantly more power at all boost levels.

I'll know more once my best-friend's car (Peter...who's car is currently at Todd's place) is complete.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-10-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:12 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
You left that thing like it was standing still. What is the difference between the PE700 and the PE950 package?

Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Denstoyz is infamous around these parts
Wow - just watched that for the 1st time - not even close!

Old 06-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
You left that thing like it was standing still. What is the difference between the PE700 and the PE950 package?
Luis,

250 HP.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Luis,

250 HP.
I kind of gathered that. I meant package wise. What is the PE700 and the PE950?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Proto TT vs BMW M6