996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:39 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
His camera phone contains a 9 second run
on stock internals using K24/20g turbos and lets just say "quite a bit of
boost !!!!!!!".
I have been hearing about this "misterious" 9 second pass for a while. Untill I see it myself, its BS to me. It is such an acompishment but "lets keep it a secret", come on Marty . Even if this so called run did happen, I bet my left nut on the fact that it was not faster than a 9.67, so, at the end of the day, Evo STILL has the fastest watercooled, STREET DRIVEN Porsche around. (Not a "shop car", "Test mule" or "purpose built drag racer")
Period end of story.

CONGRATS EVOMS!!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 AM
TRK
TRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Todd K,
I hope these ones last a little longer then 2 runs...
Yeah, me too... We're pretty done with changing axles out
They always seem to last as long as we don't let Bobby drive the car

Yes, Bobby's 9.90@143 in his white 996tt with k24/18g's at 'stupid' boost levels is what I was after... Yes, it's stuck in his buddies camera phone that he never seemed to be able to get... I doubt VR's 9.80@142 ever existed... just hype...

Doesn't matter, ToddZ's run is faster still, so he's on top... for a while ;p Awesome run, Awesome mph

Last edited by TRK; 06-16-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:38 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TRK
... I doubt VR's 9.80@142 ever existed... just hype...

Doesn't matter, ToddZ's run is faster still, so he's on top... for a while ;p Awesome run, Awesome mph
Spoken from the man himself!!!! Honesty is the best policy

Old 06-16-2007, 09:46 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Luis, please
I prefaced my explaination and knew it was no where near EVOMS run.
And please stop with the "Street Driven" Porsche stuff. The Silver Evoms
car that sat in their shop without motor,etc for a long, long time (and has no airconditioning in it is probably not "street driven" much in your fair city of 100 degree temps.
Do you think they are taking it out for a nice cruise today? This was not the point but if you mention it, there is a difference between a privateers car
and a shop owned, beat up, (yes I have seen it in person) test car that has had multiple motors in it or variations
perhaps, of the same motor: test car. Markski made a point about this and everyone jumped on him like he had suddenely lost all compassion for humanity. (he didnt, I havent). Your father has beat me fair and square
around the Brainerd track, I was the first to bring it up, and would be the
first to congratulate him as he continues to improve his very good times.
Luis, you know me, we know the facts and EVOMS did it first, period. I was
clarifying WHO also (may have) ran a 9 second run. I did this because I think
many people think that Todd K was talking about VR Alex and he wasnt.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Marty,
The “shop car”, “test mule” and “purpose built race car” comments are all meant to discredit the fact that Evoms was able to do this first. If you know the car so well, you would know that it has been sitting under a car cover for almost 2 years. The day you saw the car running, was the first time it had been out for the year and a half that I have lived here and who knows how much longer than that it sat. Fact of the matter is, the car was quickly put together, thrown on the dyno for a few runs and into a trailer to NY. Your personal car has seen more attention and time in the shop in the last 3 months than this car has in the last 2 years. I am sure Bobby can drive the **** out of these cars, he was able to get a 10.03 from Marksi’s car, which by the way was gutted in the same way the Evo 996 TT was (Except for the AC removal) to run that run. There have been a lot of half assed “Congrats” in this thread, followed with comments that discredit these guys on their great run ,which I think it’s bs. When they ran Markski’s car to that 10, they were trying very hard to get into the 9’s. That was the goal. Lots of time and work went into his beast to get it there. They were almost there. When they beat Evo’s previous record, nobody was questioning him about how “gutted” his car was, all he got was congrats. See the difference?

Old 06-16-2007, 10:27 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Luis, please
This was not the point but if you mention it, there is a difference between a privateers car
and a shop owned, beat up, (yes I have seen it in person) test car that has had multiple motors in it or variations
perhaps, of the same motor: test car.
Marty,

If EVOMS wasnt so busy building the fastest Porsches they could probably spend some time to hire a Test Mule such as Bobby in Tulsa to help test packages for them as well... Im sure Bobby has a few more runs down the track then Todd Z...

so how would it feel if i went on a protomotive thread , meant to congratulate them on a accomplishment, and hinted that they were not the first one to do it... then asked how much the car weighed, etc, etc......????

Old 06-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
You guys are going to go in circles .. there is no point to to this...
But for the record.. my car came in at 3260 lbs on Todd Ks corner balance machine- WITHOUT DRIVER. I'm sure Todd K can publically varify. That is about 440 lbs. lighter then the car in question.. I say that is good for about .4 seconds. We had 5 total runs over the life of the build out... To me that is amazing.... with 1.74 60 ft. and it still ran what it ran.
If I had spare clutches and axles Im sure it would have run a 9.
I'm getting it out one more time... then I'm done... I canot afford to keep hurting my car like that.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-16-2007, 10:49 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Marty,
The “shop carâ€, “test mule†and “purpose built race car†comments are all meant to discredit the fact that Evoms was able to do this first. If you know the car so well, you would know that it has been sitting under a car cover for almost 2 years. The day you saw the car running, was the first time it had been out for the year and a half that I have lived here and who knows how much longer than that it sat. Fact of the matter is, the car was quickly put together, thrown on the dyno for a few runs and into a trailer to NY. Your personal car has seen more attention and time in the shop in the last 3 months than this car has in the last 2 years. I am sure Bobby can drive the **** out of these cars, he was able to get a 10.03 from Marksi’s car, which by the way was gutted in the same way the Evo 996 TT was (Except for the AC removal) to run that run. There have been a lot of half assed “Congrats†in this thread, followed with comments that discredit these guys on their great run ,which I think it’s bs. When they ran Markski’s car to that 10, they were trying very hard to get into the 9’s. That was the goal. Lots of time and work went into his beast to get it there. They were almost there. When they beat Evo’s previous record, nobody was questioning him about how “gutted†his car was, all he got was congrats. See the difference?

What Luis says is very true. I was the one that convinced them to drag race that car in the first place. They had ZERO interest in drag racing when I first met them. Back when I got my black turbo made into a stage 4, I used to drag it (and other cars) almost every weekend. Todd was showing me their GT 800 (which just finished a photo shoot). I asked him if he ever tried to drag race it, he said once, as part of a shootout and that it trapped high but ran in the 11's. I told him that he should come to the strip with me sometime. He finally agreed, and when he did, John (EVOMS's master tech) drove the car to a 10.37 @ 139. That run was done on BFG drag radials in AZ in a ****ty DA. At that time the car had a FULL, and i'll reapeat it, FULL interior and everything else, it even had 2 seats. The only weight reduction they did was not to fill the gas tank completely full. When we adjusted that run for the poor DA. it came out to 9.99. That record stood for about a year. With this new run, all they did was run smarter, using the principles that Markski used; better tires, less weight, better DA conditions.

It's really sad to see people trying to lessen their accomplishments, by using words like recorded, shop car, test mule. I personally also think that it's offensive for TRK to say that he could have done it too if he weren't "so busy building fast cars", Todd, I don't know if you've been by EVOMS lately, but they are ALWAYS slammed, that's why they had to build a new facility that was about 5 times bigger than their old one, you don't do that by just racing your own car for fun. Todd Z feels like the only true way to R&D new products for a car is to own it and do the work hands on, not to practice on customer's cars. That is one reason that they bought the 997TT and had it in about 100 pieces 2 days after arrived (at a time when the car was still fetching $25k over sticker) Maybe Protomotive should buy their own "shop car" then they could take it out and run it and post their own slips.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:53 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
But for the record.. my car came in at 3260 lbs on Todd Ks corner balance machine- WITHOUT DRIVER. I'm sure Todd K can publically varify. That is about 440 lbs. lighter then the car in question.. I say that is good for about .4 seconds. We had 5 total runs over the life of the build out... To me that is amazing.... with 1.74 60 ft. and it still ran what it ran.
I'm getting it out one more time... then I'm done... I canot afford to keep hurting my car like that.
markski
Mark,

Im not trying to get into this with anyone, but to me, when a tuner gets on a congratulatory thread and insinuates that there accomplishment was not the first into the 9's, thats a little overboard dont you think?

Originally Posted by TRK
Yes, Bobby's 9.90@143 in his white 996tt with k24/18g's at 'stupid' boost levels is what I was after... Yes, it's stuck in his buddies camera phone that he never seemed to be able to get... I doubt VR's 9.80@142 ever existed... just hype...

Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
It looks like the only way to possibly not offend some people in this thread is to simply ignore, or not publicly discuss, the facts about the car in question. Discussing the facts about a car (how much it weighs, whether it's a street car, etc..) is NOT to meant discredit anyone. They are for the purposes of accurate comparison and to gather an honest understanding of the situation.

When I make my runs next weekend;, I'll post the fuel I was running, the amount of boost, how much my car weighed, the track, the temp...and any other pertinent info that anyone would like to know. And no, I won't take it personally when/if someone asks for more details.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-16-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
When I make my runs next weekend;, I'll post the fuel I was running, the amount of boost, how much my car weighed, the track, the temp...and any other pertinent info that anyone would like to know. And no, I won't take it personally when/if someone asks for more details.
Scott you don't need to explain yourself at all. I'd expect nothing less from you. A 9s a nine anyway you look at it and it doesn't matter how you get there. RWD, AWD, driving naked, 6speed, Tiptronic, snowing, raining, sunshine, cage, no cage, light weight seats, no seats.... Now go run your 9

Scott,
Asking for details and giving a half *** congrats followed by a comment intended to discredit are two completely different things. I don't think anybody here is offended but rather dissapointed with how some folks took the news of Evo running the first "documented" 9 second pass in a 996TT.
Good luck with your run next weekend. Your car has some 9's in it as well.

Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Sonny,
Todd just came back from a long over due vacation... I doubt he followed this thread in detail... I can't speak for himself. Not sure that he meant it that way....
I know some details about bobbys runs but like u guys said- this is not the place for it....
Im only getting on to either talk about positive things and or correct someone's quote when my car is in question.( liek my weight).
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sy996tt
Mark,

Im not trying to get into this with anyone, but to me, when a tuner gets on a congratulatory thread and insinuates that there accomplishment was not the first into the 9's, thats a little overboard dont you think?
Sonny,

I've know about that run for a long time. But since it wasn't on video that I had access to, there was no point in discussing it much here on the forum.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-16-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
markski
4 tenths, Mark? Come on. First off, they never even weighed the car, if you reread, you'll see that the wieght given was Todd's estimate. I don't know what kind of math you're using but even if it was 440lbs (which it wasn't) there's no way that equates to 4 tenths, especially not at those low ETs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry