996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I think Mark's 1/8 time and speed was better? Now that is a new topic for all of you... enjoy
Robert
We sadly won't know because they had the timeslip witheld when they were booted out It'd be hard to have a better time through the 1/8th and then a slower one in the 1/4 unless that car was sand bagging Doesn't work that way. To get 150 you have to be moving fast as heck through the 1/8th...

Old 06-17-2007, 12:29 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
congrats on the awesome run! must have felt great when you saw the time flash up!

Old 06-17-2007, 04:45 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TRK
Hey,
Boy, we go on vacation for a week and come back to something exciting Congrats on a great run. First RECORDED 9 sec pass Sure, there's been a lot of talk about 9 second runs, but no proof, till now... It's great that you guys were able to take the time to put together your shop car and go to the extra length to get this run. I'm sure we all could get some amazing times if we weren't so busy building clients cars.

ToddZ,
Your axles are definitely proving themselves. We've spun off the outboard stubs of the stock axles a few times and have been reluctant to run yours because of that fact. that's why we had the whole axle built. Shoot out a set of them, we'll see how they work in Markski's car... I get a feeling that the axles we have in there now won't make it more than one or two runs like all the rest. It's been extremely frustrating and very difficult to get a good time when you're walking on eggshells all the time
I'm assuming you're only warrantying the parts you supply though. If we break the outboard stubs, you'll not warranty that part of the axle because you haven't supplied it, correct???

Congrats again on a superb run
For what it's worth Todd I think this whole post was beneath you.

Edit: Since clarified in a later post.

Last edited by MrBlonde; 06-17-2007 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Joe, I have been told over time... and maybe some of the more experienced 1/4 guys can chime in... that for every 100 lbs u loose, one gains .1 seconds in ET. can anyone varify this?
BTW, Im not taking anything away from Evoms... If I could I probably would do the saem thing.
mark
Mark, Yes rule of thumb is one tenth reduction in ET for every 100 lbs you drop. Certain 440 lbs less weight would make a HELL of a difference in short time, ET and trap.

Even more importantly, the less weight the less **** you break on a hard launch.

For what it's worth there haven't been any hard launches yet. The 1.59 short from EVOMS is the best I've seen and that is soft for a car with that much power. If I can crack a 1.7x short time in a factory stock car then surely the big dogs can pop a 1.3x with 15" wheels, slicks and some suspension tweaks.

Anyone who is serious about taking the ET title; forget about making more power. Get the widest and tallest slicks under the car and set it up to launch hard without breaking. You will clobber a 1.59x short time and therefore storm the ET title.

Last edited by MrBlonde; 06-17-2007 at 04:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:12 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
The board has been quiet...hmmm someone is about to smash some records or they have smasked there cars trying to break some records :-)

Old 06-17-2007, 07:31 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
We sadly won't know because they had the timeslip witheld when they were booted out It'd be hard to have a better time through the 1/8th and then a slower one in the 1/4 unless that car was sand bagging Doesn't work that way. To get 150 you have to be moving fast as heck through the 1/8th...
Hey sharkey you won't believe Todd Z'S mph at the 1/8 on the 150 mph pass ( the first one10.11)..................it was 112.xxmph.I have seen the car run a 115.xx in the 1/8 though.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought Mark ran a 120?

Old 06-17-2007, 07:55 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
The thing is no one here wants to turn there car into a drag only vehicle. Running fast times in the 1/4 is just a fun side benefit of these beasts, which are clearly not designed to run fast down the strip.

Congrats again to Evoms!

Old 06-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
An enthuthiast should define his/hers priorities, in USA there is a lot of light to light racing (drag) almost all the time, Porsches are good in all of them,(drag/road) but not excellent, if you want to exel in either one you have to commit to whatever is your tune, they can go very fast down the strip, but you will have to commit ($$$$)for it as simple as that, same thing applies on the other side of the spectrum.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:35 PM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
Scott you don't need to explain yourself at all. I'd expect nothing less from you. A 9s a nine anyway you look at it and it doesn't matter how you get there. RWD, AWD, driving naked, 6speed, Tiptronic, snowing, raining, sunshine, cage, no cage, light weight seats, no seats.... Now go run your 9
You arent serious before you drive a tiptronic, and remove a leg, and a arm, to save weight!

Old 06-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I think many people know the times... they are just keeping secret about it :-) It would be nice to have all the information on this car because I am still building my beast and I am now in the next transformation. Would love to know some details about it before I buy more go fast goodies :-)
Keep pushing the Envelope
Robert

Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
And please stop with the "Street Driven" Porsche stuff. The Silver Evoms
car has no airconditioning in it is probably
Wow, take a week off for the USGP and come back to arguing over AC being the defining measure of a street car....which brings me to my point. I saw a green GT3RS at Indy and got to thinking....What if that car had the AC delete option? Would it no longer be a street car ? Would it now be called a mule, test car, shop car etc...or would we still call it what it is...an engineering marvel that most could only hope to drive on the street with no AC. Hmmm, makes you think.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I just think it's all about how far one is willing to go... thus with that said....
one needs to remove some things that normally are not that easy to put back... Like AC, power steering, abs, etc... and its not, I have been told, as easy as just removing the AC compressor... you still have to deal with the belt issue etc. I really do not think its for everyone.,... I really do not think 99% of will ever go this route. Most of us need directions for changing sparkplugs let alone hacking up the car and removing some serious weight.
To get our car below 3000 lbs we need to take out a lot more then just the 50 lbs AC compressor... brakes and Wheels are a huge handicap if you stay stock- but to upgrade these its in the thousands of dollars.... who is willing to fork out $3K just for drag rims?
the bottom line is that HP alone will not get you 9s...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
who is willing to fork out $3K just for drag rims?

markski
$3k?

I don't know where you got that price from. Those wheels were less than $900. I'm the one who introduced EVOMS to the manufacturer. I've got a set for my Dodge that are 15x14, they only cost me $700.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
$3k?

I don't know where you got that price from. Those wheels were less than $900. I'm the one who introduced EVOMS to the manufacturer. I've got a set for my Dodge that are 15x14, they only cost me $700.
I was quoted $2850 b4 shipping without tires. Maybe I misundetstood???
The fronts were somewhere around $700 each and rears somewhere around $800 each I believe. If a set is $700 then Im on them NOW.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 06-19-2007 at 01:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry