996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
What a stunning ET and trap speed. Would love to know more about the car.

No burnout, no sidewall on the rubber, no hard launch, 6 speed .. that car must weigh nothing AND have serious power! Fantastic achievement.

P.S. That music is dog****.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Very Nice!!

Old 06-08-2007, 10:41 PM
dkp993 is infamous around these parts
Funny I thought the video sucked and the music rocked!! J/K

Nice job guys. That car is a beast!

Old 06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
congrats EVOMS that **** came out the hole so fast it looked like the sickest them park ride ever! hahaha

Suman

Old 06-08-2007, 10:47 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm trippin that was done with AWD, at least it looked like it. AWD owns RWD!!!!!!! (at least on the turbo

Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I'm trippin that was done with AWD, at least it looked like it. AWD owns RWD!!!!!!! (at least on the turbo
Definetly RWD.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:51 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
worst music... EVER.

nice run though

Old 06-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Guys, Thank you for the all of the props. It is a great day for the 996TT. As we all know, this is an amazing car that we all love. We (EVO) love this car as much as you all do and are proud of what this car can do. As for the particulars of our car, here they are:

Engine: EVO GT800 – 3.6L
Build Time: 2 weeks
Chassis: Moton suspension
Brakes: OEM Porsche Ceramics F/R
Registered and Insured
Lightweight – Not too light, not too heavy

Sorry, no timeslip. We got kicked out and they would not give is the slip. I have the one prior where we ran a 10.11 @ 150 which I will post soon.

The 9.67 run, we cut a 1.59 short time. I will post more details later. Here is a video of the run with no music for those who do not like it.

http://media.putfile.com/EVOMS-967-1

Additionally, please do not read into the lyrics of the music. The video was made by someone who is a big Kid Rock fan as are some of the EVO crew. As soon as we return to AZ, we will be able to release all of the particulars.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 06-08-2007, 11:58 PM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing Todd. I think your signature needs revamping.

-Markus-

Edit: I just watched it again, and GOD I want to know what it feels like to have a car that pulls like that.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Very nice clean run.
congrats.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-09-2007, 12:54 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO
Guys, Thank you for the all of the props. It is a great day for the 996TT. As we all know, this is an amazing car that we all love. We (EVO) love this car as much as you all do and are proud of what this car can do. As for the particulars of our car, here they are:

Engine: EVO GT800 – 3.6L
Build Time: 2 weeks
Chassis: Moton suspension
Brakes: OEM Porsche Ceramics F/R
Registered and Insured
Lightweight – Not too light, not too heavy

Sorry, no timeslip. We got kicked out and they would not give is the slip. I have the one prior where we ran a 10.11 @ 150 which I will post soon.

The 9.67 run, we cut a 1.59 short time. I will post more details later. Here is a video of the run with no music for those who do not like it.

http://media.putfile.com/EVOMS-967-1

Additionally, please do not read into the lyrics of the music. The video was made by someone who is a big Kid Rock fan as are some of the EVO crew. As soon as we return to AZ, we will be able to release all of the particulars.
Again awesome job!

So this is an estimated 700rwhp car that trapped 150mph??? It must be hella light or something.

Also amazing 60 foot although it didnt look like it, what tires did you guys run?

Old 06-09-2007, 12:57 AM
sand bandit is infamous around these parts
Congrats guys. Is this the first 9 second run for a 996TT?

Old 06-09-2007, 01:01 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
that is great! CONGRATS!

Can someone tell me why they were kicked out? Was the car too fast?

I am guessing under 10sec..there are some safety concerns and Evo didnt do it?

Sorry for the newb question.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:13 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AsianImage
that is great! CONGRATS!

Can someone tell me why they were kicked out? Was the car too fast?

I am guessing under 10sec..there are some safety concerns and Evo didnt do it?

Sorry for the newb question.
NHRA requires a full 6 point cage (11.50 and under)and a parachute (over 150mph).They had only a 4 point cage and no chute......hence the big boot .

Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by SCM3
Again awesome job!

So this is an estimated 700rwhp car that trapped 150mph??? It must be hella light or something.

Also amazing 60 foot although it didnt look like it, what tires did you guys run?
It makes more than 700 for sure but I think Evoms will be better at quoting those numbers exactly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry