996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:24 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
GT850R
Want to know what are the details of this cars motor cant find it on EVOMS website
Robert

Old 06-19-2007, 08:08 AM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Yours must have accidentally gotten caught up in my mass deletion.

That's Ok.It seems timely to repost then:

Originally Posted by rafiki

" A bit late saying Congrats to Evoms as I couldn't reset my password for three days...

Don't consider myself a "hater" or a facilitator for any product or tuner as my car is still relativelly stock(not for long)...but given what is at stake and the commercial leveraging that will rightly flow from breaking the Porsche 996tt equivalent of the 4 minute mile, I think it would have been fair to have the car officially scrutinized prior to the run so that there is no ambiguity re: weight and mods.

Otherwise,there will always be legitimate questions asked about the relevance to daily driven cars and not everyone asking deserves to be labelled a "hater".

This is not meant to take anything away from the achievement."

Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robmd99
GT850R
Want to know what are the details of this cars motor cant find it on EVOMS website
Robert
Rob, why dont you call Imagine or EVOMS?

I thought you decided to go Protomotive??

Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I was quoted $2850 b4 shipping without tires. Maybe I misundetstood???
The fronts were somewhere around $700 each and rears somewhere around $800 each I believe. If a set is $700 then Im on them NOW.
markski
I just checked and I found out that you were right...whoops

Mine were less because they were only 15", even though they are wider, the rim/hoop is the most expensive part...my bad.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sy996tt
Rob, why dont you call Imagine or EVOMS?

I thought you decided to go Protomotive??
Sonny
I went with Protomotive because they said they would help me and they did. I got a 3.8 liter kit with a motor build, ecu tuning on a dyno and some other goodies. I think I have good stuff from EVOMS so I am hoping not to scrap it all... thus, I am looking at trying to keep what I have from EVOMS and mix with my upgraded stuff from Proto... once again I am not a tuner guy I am a looking for who will best help me.
Sincerely
Robert

Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Sonny
I went with Protomotive because they said they would help me and they did. I got a 3.8 liter kit with a motor build, ecu tuning on a dyno and some other goodies. I think I have good stuff from EVOMS so I am hoping not to scrap it all... thus, I am looking at trying to keep what I have from EVOMS and mix with my upgraded stuff from Proto... once again I am not a tuner guy I am a looking for who will best help me.
Sincerely
Robert
I would think if you added different parts from different tuners it would require a different tune? maybe staying with one tuner for what you need would probably benefit you more?

just a thought

My Best,

Sonny

Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
wow!! that rocks!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:36 PM
StealthAuto997 is infamous around these parts
Oh my goodness!~ That's one hell of a launch!!

Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
amazing specs and nice video !!!

Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I have no experience drag racing, but 1 thing I'm sure of is that it takes more than a fast car to get a low ET. Is Todd Z a Pro-Street 1/4 mile sand-bagger?

Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
I have no experience drag racing, but 1 thing I'm sure of is that it takes more than a fast car to get a low ET. Is Todd Z a Pro-Street 1/4 mile sand-bagger?
I think he ran it enough by now to figure out exactly how to launch it... that car came off the line with boost... no lag at all... did not bog down ...
Cant wait to see a video of Joe's car.... to see how that car takes off...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I think he ran it enough by now to figure out exactly how to launch it... that car came off the line with boost... no lag at all... did not bog down ...
Cant wait to see a video of Joe's car.... to see how that car takes off...
markski
I am excited as well because I thought Joe was running his car?
Robert

Old 06-22-2007, 08:23 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
I am excited as well because I thought Joe was running his car?
Robert
Thank's guys......I was going to run it last Wed but unfortunately it rained.This week E-town is closed for Summer Nats .....its OK though I know its gonna run real good especially after the HMAF(big difference on my car)and its about 120lbs lighter than when it trapped 140+ in AZ and no RWD.So when the time is right I will get there ....its all good! Plus I have been taking advantage of all the good weather to run this

Last edited by joetwint; 06-22-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Nice.... good luck......
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-22-2007, 10:11 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Thank's guys......I was going to run it last Wed but unfortunately it rained.This week E-town is closed for Summer Nats .....its OK though I know its gonna run real good especially after the HMAF(big difference on my car)and its about 120lbs lighter than when it trapped 140+ in AZ and no RWD.So when the time is right I will get there ....its all good! Plus I have been taking advantage of all the good weather to run this
Good luck man.... show us what it's made of

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry