996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 01:51 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
**** man, that's fast as *****. Nice flat launch, no drama, just quick. AWESOME, congrats guys! No timeslip though means we have to wait until you throw on a chute and weld in a couple more bars for the "official" 9. That's ****ty that they wouldn't give it to you. How do you know you cut a 1.59 60' if no slip - V-Box?

Funny thing happened last weekend when I went to the track. Some kid in a Subaru screwed up his stage next to me, and although I destroyed him the slip showed he ran an 11-something at 100 with a 0.3 60' time. I guess that's why timeslips tell the whole story...

Markski, Craig, Scott - may I present to you your window of opportunity...

Last edited by jimmer23; 06-09-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:23 AM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Congrats. Wonder how much the car weighs.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:41 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Good Clean run, no drama,
the car is hella light, the motor does not even sound exotic.
Really good job at execution of a goal.
Muchu congratulations on making your goal.
Now what about this no timeslip thingy???
Joettwint is the new Master P.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO
Guys, Thank you for the all of the props. It is a great day for the 996TT. As we all know, this is an amazing car that we all love. We (EVO) love this car as much as you all do and are proud of what this car can do. As for the particulars of our car, here they are:

Engine: EVO GT800 – 3.6L
Build Time: 2 weeks
Chassis: Moton suspension
Brakes: OEM Porsche Ceramics F/R
Registered and Insured
Lightweight – Not too light, not too heavy

Sorry, no timeslip. We got kicked out and they would not give is the slip. I have the one prior where we ran a 10.11 @ 150 which I will post soon.

The 9.67 run, we cut a 1.59 short time. I will post more details later. Here is a video of the run with no music for those who do not like it.

http://media.putfile.com/EVOMS-967-1

Additionally, please do not read into the lyrics of the music. The video was made by someone who is a big Kid Rock fan as are some of the EVO crew. As soon as we return to AZ, we will be able to release all of the particulars.
No time slip, no dough.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Videos are better than timeslips anyday. Timeslips can be fabricated, and/or used for different cars. Videos can not.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-09-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:57 AM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Congrats Todd! Simply insane!

Old 06-09-2007, 07:58 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Videos are better than timeslips anyday. Timselips can be fabricated, and/or used for different cars. Videos can not.
Thank you Scott ,much appreciated!

Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Videos are better than timeslips anyday. Timselips can be fabricated, and/or used for different cars. Videos can not.
Really?? I don't quite see the time in the screen, do you? I just see a car going fast down the straight and bogging at the line, still it this was the case (on the numbers), still a long shot towards the 9.16.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmer23
**** man, that's fast as *****. Nice flat launch, no drama, just quick. AWESOME, congrats guys! No timeslip though means we have to wait until you throw on a chute and weld in a couple more bars for the "official" 9. That's ****ty that they wouldn't give it to you. How do you know you cut a 1.59 60' if no slip - V-Box?

Funny thing happened last weekend when I went to the track. Some kid in a Subaru screwed up his stage next to me, and although I destroyed him the slip showed he ran an 11-something at 100 with a 0.3 60' time. I guess that's why timeslips tell the whole story...

Markski, Craig, Scott - may I present to you your window of opportunity...
At E-town the 60ft shows up on the board for a split second during the run.By the way that was an Official 9 sec pass.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Sonny
Really?? I don't quite see the time in the screen, do you? I just see a car going fast down the straight and bogging at the line, still it this was the case (on the numbers), still a long shot towards the 9.16.
Anybody can grab a timeslip out of the garbage......maybe you just don't want to see it.....so stop looking!

Old 06-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Good Clean run, no drama,
the car is hella light, the motor does not even sound exotic.
Really good job at execution of a goal.
Muchu congratulations on making your goal.
Now what about this no timeslip thingy???
Joettwint is the new Master P.
Marty,the 150 or so people who stayed till the end to see that car run(after the 150 pass)must have loved the way the car sounded.I even offered a large sum of money to get the slip but the owner came and took it out of the booth before I got there,and then they told us we weren't welcome there.......but it didn't matter cause we had it on 2 video cameras.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:41 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joe,

Cool story!!! You were fortunate to be there and witness it live!!

Really good stuff, Congrats again.

MK

Old 06-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sonny
Yes Sonny, I can see it.

Now why don't you stop being such a childish hater? All you're accomplishing with your immature commentary is making air-cooled owners look bad. A simple; "congrats EVOMS on the great time", will do.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-09-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Scott,

We had vid of my 60-130 run at the Supra nats, yet you would not post my results up w/ out the accompanying data (which was, as in this case, unavailable). Is there a double standard here?

In any event, I believe that we have a very significant performance here, and I am going to accept the time. Congratulations on an amazing achievement. My question is, if Scotts and Marks cars are making mid 800 rwhp and haven't broken into nines, how could a GT 800, which, to my understanding makes in the 700 whp range do it?

I know that there is more to a great 1/4 time than just hp, but please explain. Again, I believe the time and offer copious props.... but I want to know exactly how it was achieved. I imagine that weight, gearing, driver skill etc. were factors.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-09-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Scott,

We had vid of my 60-130 run at the Supra nats, yet you would not post my results up w/ out the accompanying data (which was, as in this case, unavailable). Is there a double standard here?
This again? Why do you refuse to read the ruels for time submissions!? Here, I'll copy/paste them for you from the list...exactly as they have been written since the list's inception:

1/4 mile list:
All that having been said; if you'd like a 1/4 mile run to be added to the list, please provide proof of the run. Only times from timeslips and/or video (preferably both) will be accepted for this list. No GPS based, datalogger 1/4 mile times will be accepted.
60-130 list:
PLEASE NOTE: Only GPS based, datalogger times will be accepted for this list. No extrapolated times from 1/4 mile timeslips. Also, all submitted data must be reviewed for accuracy and approved by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) before the time is posted. Current SME's are 'Jean' for AX-22 graphs, and 'KPG' for Driftbox graphs.

In any event, I believe that we have a very significant performance here, and I am going to accept the time. Congratulations on an amazing achievement. My question is, if Scots and Marks cars are making mid 800 rwhp and haven't broken into nines, how could a GT 800, which, to my understanding makes in the 700 whp range do it?
How do you know my car won't break in to the 9's? I haven't even been to the track in it yet.

To answer your other question.....less weight makes up for less power.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-09-2007 at 04:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry