996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Scott, I do think your car will run 9's. In fact I am contemplating doing the same build to my car some day.

In any event, I do not want to detract from the achievement, so I will just say great job one last time.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-09-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:18 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Fantastic! Were the "officials" at the track mad that you guys ran less than a 10 without proper equipment? Did they just say "that's it for today guys see you tomorrow" or ask you to leave and never come back? Interesting none the less...

MUCHO CONGRATS!!!!!!

Last edited by str8blst; 06-09-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
So I guess you did not mean to say that, then.
Sean, you ran a crap 60-130 anyway, so why are you so adamant that someone recognizes it? Just borrow a driftbox, make a quick run and send the results to Kevin like all the rest of us. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Miss Jamie;

This forum is for Porsche owners. Please go play in the Supra forums with the other children.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:36 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
At E-town the 60ft shows up on the board for a split second during the run.By the way that was an Official 9 sec pass.
Cool man. I wasn't questioning it at all by the way, I've only ever heard of timeslips backing up times that's all (like that joker I ran against in the Subaru who wouldn't shut up about his car running "11's"). Good run guys!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:55 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
The reason that the track officials got so mad is because you are REQUIRED to have an NHRA license to make any passes of 9.99 or faster, even if you are driving a car that techs below 10.0. This is a ZERO tolerance policy at ALL NHRA sanctioned tracks.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sonny
Really?? I don't quite see the time in the screen, do you? I just see a car going fast down the straight and bogging at the line, still it this was the case (on the numbers), still a long shot towards the 9.16.
Actually, that's how 996TTs look when they launch hard out of the hole. I can post several videos of 1.7-1.5 60' times in 996TTs that look (to the untrained eye) like the car is bogging. Does your 996TT look different when you launch it hard and cut low 60' times? Could you post some video of it for us too see?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Videos are better than timeslips anyday. Timselips can be fabricated, and/or used for different cars. Videos can not.
Scott.. the voice of reason.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:12 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
This again? Why do you refuse to read the rules!? Here, I'll copy/paste them for you from the list...exactly as they have been written since its inception:

1/4 mile list:

60-130 list:

How do you know my car won't break in to the 9's? I haven't even been to the track in it yet.

To answer your other question.....less weight makes up for less power.
Don't waste your time buddy. We all know what the car is capable of and with a good driver (aka you) you'll do us proud

Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO
Guys, Thank you for the all of the props. It is a great day for the 996TT. As we all know, this is an amazing car that we all love. We (EVO) love this car as much as you all do and are proud of what this car can do. As for the particulars of our car, here they are:

Engine: EVO GT800 – 3.6L
Build Time: 2 weeks
Chassis: Moton suspension
Brakes: OEM Porsche Ceramics F/R
Registered and Insured
Lightweight – Not too light, not too heavy

Sorry, no timeslip. We got kicked out and they would not give is the slip. I have the one prior where we ran a 10.11 @ 150 which I will post soon.

The 9.67 run, we cut a 1.59 short time. I will post more details later. Here is a video of the run with no music for those who do not like it.

http://media.putfile.com/EVOMS-967-1

Additionally, please do not read into the lyrics of the music. The video was made by someone who is a big Kid Rock fan as are some of the EVO crew. As soon as we return to AZ, we will be able to release all of the particulars.
Congrats man... Really quick turn around and _finally_ you went to a real track instead of that hot-hell-in-Arizona! I knew when I saw the car trap 141 in 200degree heat that thing had some serious cajones.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:51 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Why so many haters? We all have our tuners, but at the same time we are all Porsche Fans!! I am not a Evo guy! but I will give credit when its due!! CONGRATS guy's....So when are we shooting foe the 8's?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:54 AM
davenew is infamous around these parts
Videos are better than timeslips anyday. Timselips can be fabricated, and/or used for different cars. Videos can not.
I agree! Scott, when are you going to run your car, or have you already? That thing felt *very* fast before and I'm sure it's scary fast now. My S4 is coming back together after sending the turbos off for housing machining and install of stock 997tt compressor wheels. It's not in the same class as the modified turbo porsches but I'm shooting for high 11's at 120+mph with the new setup.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by davenew
I agree! Scott, when are you going to run your car, or have you already? That thing felt *very* fast before and I'm sure it's scary fast now. My S4 is coming back together after sending the turbos off for housing machining and install of stock 997tt compressor wheels. It's not in the same class as the modified turbo porsches but I'm shooting for high 11's at 120+mph with the new setup.
I have a track rental on the 23rd of this month. It's a Ford and Chevy rental rental...so I'll be the only non-domestic guy there. I really appreciate those guys letting me jump onboard.

Anyway, well see what I run. All I want is a solid 1.7x 60' and smooth shifts all the way down the track. Whatever time that gives me, I'll be happy with.

Your setup sounds like it'll be very quick. I look forward to hearing how she runs.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Don't waste your time buddy. We all know what the car is capable of and with a good driver (aka you) you'll do us proud
Couldnt have said it any better!!

Old 06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Why so many haters? We all have our tuners, but at the same time we are all Porsche Fans!! I am not a Evo guy! but I will give credit when its due!! CONGRATS guy's....So when are we shooting foe the 8's?
At this point and time I think people are still learning the limits of some of the parts on these cars. If I had the time, well and the money; I'm sure my friends and I could build another 8 sec. car Just getting the money to do so is well... not going to be there for awhile.

I'm sure the EVOMS car will go even faster esp. with that kind of mph. That car is just sick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS 9.67 @ 149.86 - The Video -- Language Advisory - Sorry