996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms vs. Proto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
The GT850 emblom would be perfect,
If you do that I will buy Scott (Divexxtreme) license plates...PE950R
that was funny.
haha

BTW: It is amazing all of the super high powered cars under construction
at EVOMS and PROTO; really cool stuff "in the pipe"!!

MK
Yes it is ... its nice to see, and when it all comes down to it we are all still friends and car enthusiasts!!...

Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Sonny where did you run your quarter mile time, in Arizona? Is that adjusted for conditions or the actual time you ran?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:38 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
Sonny where did you run your quarter mile time, in Arizona? Is that adjusted for conditions or the actual time you ran?
Buddy,
Nobody here "corrects" their numbers. All numbers posted by members in AZ are uncorrected. If that was the case, the 1st 996TT in the 9's would have been a long time ago.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Luis I didn't think so but I just wanted to make sure. I saw a thread on the 997 tt forum where Treynor posted both.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:10 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
but nothing about UMW ... why?
Robert, you have no details on the UMW kits because that is the way UMW wants it. I am not being sarcastic at all, but a decision was made a while back to get the cars running and let the performance speak for itself. No sense cheerleading about details both large and small when there are no 60-130, trap or dyno sheets to post. We have spoken about our engines builds in broad terms only.This is a "show me the money" forum so we will put up or shutup at the proper time. Tom and I will do our 60-130 and traps and let the numbers stand on their own merit and we will try to answer any questions at that time. Glad to see you are happy with your new kit. Kevin

Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Kevin,

I like your approach let the product speak for itself with results! Good luck with everything!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Hey Buddy,

i ran that at speedworld in AZ, during the SECC drag day in march this year.. that is the actual ET i ran that day... Ran it on really heavy 19 inch wheels and street tires! i was pretty happy...

Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
Robert, you have no details on the UMW kits because that is the way UMW wants it. I am not being sarcastic at all, but a decision was made a while back to get the cars running and let the performance speak for itself. No sense cheerleading about details both large and small when there are no 60-130, trap or dyno sheets to post. We have spoken about our engines builds in broad terms only.This is a "show me the money" forum so we will put up or shutup at the proper time. Tom and I will do our 60-130 and traps and let the numbers stand on their own merit and we will try to answer any questions at that time. Glad to see you are happy with your new kit. Kevin
Kevin
Thanks for responding, but I am interested in knowing details. I am so close to finishing my car and all I need are a few more items. I am looking to upgrade my turbos so it would be nice to know the details on your tubos. Maybe, if I like the numbers I would think about buying them? Also, I love the looks of the intake but does it make better numbers than the EVOMS?? Is your Y pipe the same as stock and only been honed out or did UMW design a new Y pipe like S Car Go? How about the cold intake plenium? Is it a carbon figer like the other goodies? Does it produce more horsepower than the competitors? These are just a few questions I have that I would like to have answered.
Sincerely
Robert

Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sonny,

I would be happy with an 11.17, especially without speedshifting or
any other things that are super hard on my car. That is a VERY respectable
run.

Best,

Marty K.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:04 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Kevin
Thanks for responding, but I am interested in knowing details. I am so close to finishing my car and all I need are a few more items. I am looking to upgrade my turbos so it would be nice to know the details on your tubos. Maybe, if I like the numbers I would think about buying them? Also, I love the looks of the intake but does it make better numbers than the EVOMS?? Is your Y pipe the same as stock and only been honed out or did UMW design a new Y pipe like S Car Go? How about the cold intake plenium? Is it a carbon figer like the other goodies? Does it produce more horsepower than the competitors? These are just a few questions I have that I would like to have answered.
Sincerely
Robert
Rob, It looks like you have mistaken me for Kevin M at UMW. There are three of these motors being built. Myself( Kevin G), TopGun(Tom) and Kevin's own personal car. I am sure he can answer any questions you might have. Kevin G

Old 06-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Sonny,

I would be happy with an 11.17, especially without speedshifting or
any other things that are super hard on my car. That is a VERY respectable
run.

Best,

Marty K.
Thanks a lot Marty.. that means a lot to me since im not a drag racer... good luck with your project, and let me know next time your in arizona.. well get a drink?

My best,

Sonny

Old 06-20-2007, 06:58 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sy996tt
Thanks a lot Marty.. that means a lot to me since im not a drag racer... good luck with your project, and let me know next time your in arizona.. well get a drink?

My best,

Sonny
Now, there is the 6speedonline community I miss! Actually people speaking and not trying to be hateful....
Robert

Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I will post whatever I run and it will be real world as my car is a factory
heavyweight with me as the driver. The last 60-130 I did Jean commented
on how slow my shifts were, LOL !!! I told him I did not have the fancy sequential shifter...LOL !!

MK

Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Marty,

When is that Protomotive beast going to be in your garage? You must be chomping at the bit!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I will post whatever I run and it will be real world as my car is a factory
heavyweight with me as the driver. The last 60-130 I did Jean commented
on how slow my shifts were, LOL !!! I told him I did not have the fancy sequential shifter...LOL !!

MK
Marty, I think people sometimes loose the plot a bit at times The main thing after some "downtime" is to get the car back and enjoy/reap the rewards! I'm sure it'll be faster than snot no matter how you granny shift

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms vs. Proto