996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms vs. Proto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
EVO stage 1 through 4 are great packages that have been made available for almost everyone. They are reliable and for most people are available through a local tuner. For GT 700's and above, I would go with Protomotive

For making really big power (I consider stage 4 very fast, anything above is really big power in my book) there is really no comparison. Protomotive builds/tunes are custom (IE not canned) packages that make more power (of course usually cost more) and are more reliable. I personally know of several blown engines and a host of problems when you get beyond stage 4 in the EVO packages.

The sub 10 GT800 was a great achievment, but it doesn't quite hold up to the top custom builds (like Marks and Scotts") that proto has done. Sorry, but that is a fact. It was a purpose built drag car, not a customer DD. Also, it is one thing to have Todd Z hand tune a GT 800, but another when that tune is done remotely.

Again, I highly recommend EVO for stage 1-4, especially now that they have solved the MAF problems. I also give top marks to many of the EVO products, like their IC's. And many of the EVO guys are outstanding individuals, but ultimately I would want Todd K to tune my car.

I am now donning my flame suit.

Man, if I was Proto, I damn sure wouldn't want you as my spokesperson. You come up with every lame *** excuse that you can to discredit the merits of people who REALLY run their cars (not you E-racers) That's Hating to the 10th degree. Nobody did that to Mark or Scott when they made their achievements. Now stay out of grown folks business, little boy

Last edited by RennTechV12; 06-11-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Renn,

DMK missed a shift, I know that. The 996/GT2 crew a run with here in H town are all EVO packages. They all have had many more problems than I have (I may just be lucky) and I race at least 5-7 times a week. As a matter of fact I missed a shift racing a Cobra last night. I guess I am going to have to post about it now. As everyone at the PZ car show last night will attest, I was trying to line up some races all night and evryone was so P*** whipped I eventually left and ultimately raced someone I met on the highway.

PS...I nominate "Butt hurt" as the funniest new expression of the 16-19 crowd.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-11-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Tisibeast is infamous around these parts
Post up REAL numbers guys - Evoms ran 9's. Don't hate - appreciate. Show me the numbers. Evoms builds solid reliable cars that are fast - not only on the track but on the 1/4....

Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
One day I will grow up and not live my life based on ***** envy.....
I really thought this thread that buddy started might have a chance. Oh well back to the surf where the waves only matter.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Yes there are many variables, Thats what makes it so interesting , Mark & Scott went two diff directions, diff strokes, monsters in diff ways.. Evoms showed us what they can do . There will always be the haters *****ing about weight, is it street, what boost, the driver blah..blah..bah. If a tuner or Individual gets it done!!! Good for them they found the right recipe for succes!! Whether it be tuning, lighting up the car, gears.. what ever it may be ....Hey when you pull up to a street race, you race what you brung case closed!!! You loose, you pay done!!! Nobody wants to hear it!! This summer will be interesting ..remember we all win

Old 06-11-2007, 07:10 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by topgun
Yes there are many variables, Thats what makes it so interesting , Mark & Scott went two diff directions, diff strokes, monsters in diff ways.. Evoms showed us what they can do . There will always be the haters *****ing about weight, is it street, what boost, the driver blah..blah..bah. If a tuner or Individual gets it done!!! Good for them they found the right recipe for succes!! Whether it be tuning, lighting up the car, gears.. what ever it may be ....Hey when you pull up to a street race, you race what you brung case closed!!! You loose, you pay done!!! Nobody wants to hear it!! This summer will be interesting ..remember we all win
AMEN !!!!!!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Boy, that's a really unbiased point of view Is this coming from the guy who thought that the EVOMS 9 second car was a tip?

I respectfully disagree with you. I have a GT700 with stock internals and I pretty much smoke everything I run except for TT Vipers, I have had ZERO problems.

Obviously there is a comparison, the EVOMS car trapped at 150mph...NO OTHER 996 CAN SAY THAT. What problems? Blown motors? please don't bring up DMK as he blew his motor up from negligence (go back and re-read the posts) I won't, but I know of SEVERAL Proto customers who have grenaded motors.

It doesn't hold up? Why because YOU say so? The car has stock heads, stock cams and stock pistons...can you say that about the others? Either you can't read or you selectively listen...the GT800 was an off the shelf kit with some weight taken off, how is that a purpose built drag car? Why were'nt you *****ing when Markski pulled all kind of **** off of his car, let somebody drive it and still failed to reach his goal of running less than 10 seconds

I'm sure that the crew at EVOMS can sleep well now that they have your blessing.

TT Vipers and Toyota Supras. Don't forget us Joe It would only take 700rwhp to go 140mph in the 1/4 in a Supra and there are a million of those running around.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Why were'nt you *****ing when Markski pulled all kind of **** off of his car, let somebody drive it and still failed to reach his goal of running less than 10 seconds
Joe, I think you are just too angry when ur typing... no need. Also, Sean, I think it is pointless to argue.. there is nothing to argue.

Joe, Todd corner balanced the car b4 the run at 3280 lbs. so with driver that is 3480 lbs vs. 3000 lbs.. Kudos to Evoms for a remarcle weight reduction... every 100 lbs is .1 sec off ET. ( at least that is what I was told).
I had the car for 2 months( winter here so it was stored) b4 I took it back to Tulsa. I only had 400 miles on it in freezing temps. I did not feel comfortable drag racing my car with no seat time. The car in total had 5 runs down the strip in the life of this build out. I think I can say that it is an achievement that it ran a 10.0 with bobby driving it 3 times and todd showed up once who ran it twice. You dont have to attack me just becasue you are mad at someone else. No I didnt drive my car becasue I didnt get a chance yet... Im 700 miles away from the track and each time its run I have to work on the weekends. We couldnt run it here in Feb. in winter so I took it to a warmer climate with somewhat easy track rules.( at least now).
We had 5 track runs... thats is it. Evoms has been running a gt800 for a while now at the strip. So they figured it out finally and got it done. Please dont smother my name next time ur pissed off at someone else. I really think this thread is a bad idea so I will refrain from responding. It will only cause animosity towards each other and we all loose.
best,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Couldnt have said it better, Tom you the man.. Im going to call you tomorrow, been a bit

Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Joe, I think you are just too angry when ur typing... no need. Also, Sean, I think it is pointless to argue.. there is nothing to argue.

Joe, Todd corner balanced the car b4 the run at 3280 lbs. so with driver that is 3480 lbs vs. 3000 lbs.. Kudos to Evoms for a remarcle weight reduction... every 100 lbs is .1 sec off ET. ( at least that is what I was told).
I had the car for 2 months( winter here so it was stored) b4 I took it back to Tulsa. I only had 400 miles on it in freezing temps. I did not feel comfortable drag racing my car with no seat time. The car in total had 5 runs down the strip in the life of this build out. I think I can say that it is an achievement that it ran a 10.0 with bobby driving it 3 times and todd showed up once who ran it twice. You dont have to attack me just becasue you are mad at someone else. No I didnt drive my car becasue I didnt get a chance yet... Im 700 miles away from the track and each time its run I have to work on the weekends. We couldnt run it here in Feb. in winter so I took it to a warmer climate with somewhat easy track rules.( at least now).
We had 5 track runs... thats is it. Evoms has been running a gt800 for a while now at the strip. So they figured it out finally and got it done. Please dont smother my name next time ur pissed off at someone else. I really think this thread is a bad idea so I will refrain from responding. It will only cause animosity towards each other and we all loose.
best,
markski
I apologize for any harsh statements towards you, Mark. You said your peace and left it at that. You have been a gentleman through alot of the feuding that has occurred here. You know that I have had absolutely no ill will toward you or your accomplishments and I have expressed that to you on the forum and via PM. This guy makes very biased statements based on his on (limited) knowledge and tries to pass them off as fact, that pisses me off. Unlike you, he is full of excuses and hatred toward a great achievement.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:29 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Boy, that's a really unbiased point of view Is this coming from the guy who thought that the EVOMS 9 second car was a tip?

I respectfully disagree with you. I have a GT700 with stock internals and I pretty much smoke everything I run except for TT Vipers, I have had ZERO problems.

Obviously there is a comparison, the EVOMS car trapped at 150mph...NO OTHER 996 CAN SAY THAT. What problems? Blown motors? please don't bring up DMK as he blew his motor up from negligence (go back and re-read the posts) I won't, but I know of SEVERAL Proto customers who have grenaded motors.

It doesn't hold up? Why because YOU say so? The car has stock heads, stock cams and stock pistons...can you say that about the others? Either you can't read or you selectively listen...the GT800 was an off the shelf kit with some weight taken off, how is that a purpose built drag car? Why were'nt you *****ing when Markski pulled all kind of **** off of his car, let somebody drive it and still failed to reach his goal of running less than 10 seconds

I'm sure that the crew at EVOMS can sleep well now that they have your blessing.
And modded 930's. Your GT700 is perfect for messing around on the street and track. No laggy turbos and crappy driveability.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by RyanWoon
TT Vipers and Toyota Supras. Don't forget us Joe It would only take 700rwhp to go 140mph in the 1/4 in a Supra and there are a million of those running around.
I was waiting for somebody to come in with a Supra

I want no parts of that thing!

I concede victory to you, sir!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I apologize for any harsh statements towards you, Mark. You said your peace and left it at that. You have been a gentleman through alot of the feuding that has occurred here. You know that I have had absolutely no ill will toward you or your accomplishments and I have expressed that to you on the forum and via PM. This guy makes very biased statements based on his on (limited) knowledge and tries to pass them off as fact, that pisses me off. Unlike you, he is full of excuses and hatred toward a great achievement.
thank you Joe.
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
And modded 930's. Your GT700 is perfect for messing around on the street and track. No laggy turbos and crappy driveability.
Funny that you say that. I've been thinking about a 930 for a while now. After running with yours, I REALLY want one!! The 3 foot flames from the exhaust rule!!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
thank you Joe.
mark
Are you coming to AZ soon?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms vs. Proto