996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms vs. Proto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:51 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Subscribing. Out of pure curiosity, of course
Me too.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Why don't we have a "Porsche Day" like the supra guys do;

Open to ANYONE as long is a Porsche with a Porsche engine, simple rules

D.O.T.Drag Radials
1 power adder

Simple..........

Old 06-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
dont start this man!
+1.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
No disrespect but there is no point to this. There are too many other factors like weight, gearing and diffs, engine work, Trubo choice,suspension, tires and wheels, track conditon, Temperature... etc... it is a lost cause to compare.
It comes down to how hard one is willing to push the car( both is weight saving and 1/4 mile trickery). Most of p car owners are not willing to go to that extreme.
markski
+2.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
EVO stage 1 through 4 are great packages that have been made available for almost everyone. They are reliable and for most people are available through a local tuner. For GT 700's and above, I would go with Protomotive

For making really big power (I consider stage 4 very fast, anything above is really big power in my book) there is really no comparison. Protomotive builds/tunes are custom (IE not canned) packages that make more power (of course usually cost more) and are more reliable. I personally know of several blown engines and a host of problems when you get beyond stage 4 in the EVO packages.

The sub 10 GT800 was a great achievment, but it doesn't quite hold up to the top custom builds (like Marks and Scotts") that proto has done. Sorry, but that is a fact. It was a purpose built drag car, not a customer DD. Also, it is one thing to have Todd Z hand tune a GT 800, but another when that tune is done remotely.

Again, I highly recommend EVO for stage 1-4, especially now that they have solved the MAF problems. I also give top marks to many of the EVO products, like their IC's. And many of the EVO guys are outstanding individuals, but ultimately I would want Todd K to tune my car.

I am now donning my flame suit.
I do not presently have adequate time to respond to the numerous errors comprising your post, including by way of example, the notiion that EVOMS does not custom build/tune cars (my car was custom built and tuned by EVOMS). I will try to respond later.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Most of you know me well enough that I didn't start this thread to start a battle. I know both Todd's and wouldn't hesitate to buy from either one.

Let's keep it civil and just talk about costs and performance without degrading any tuner or anyone.

Thanks!
Buddy, I believe that you started this thread absent of malice. Nevertheless, this thread was and is a BAD IDEA. Any thread titled "X vs. Y" will inevitably evolve into a battle between X and Y.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 06-11-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
It's funny how the Evo 996TT brakes into the 9's 1st and it is called, "Shop car" & "Test Mule". Pretty sad and makes the people saying this sound like some butthurt children. Both tuners do phenomenal work and build fast *** Porsches. It could very well have been a Proto car that got into the 9's 1st. I am sure one will do it very soon. Enjoy your cars gentlemen!
+3.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Craig
Is your car the most powerful or should I say does it have the strongest engine in a street car that has been created by EVOMS?
Cheers
Robert

Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Man, if I was Proto, I damn sure wouldn't want you as my spokesperson. You come up with every lame *** excuse that you can to discredit the merits of people who REALLY run their cars (not you E-racers) That's Hating to the 10th degree. Nobody did that to Mark or Scott when they made their achievements. Now stay out of grown folks business, little boy
+4.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by topgun
Yes there are many variables, Thats what makes it so interesting , Mark & Scott went two diff directions, diff strokes, monsters in diff ways.. Evoms showed us what they can do . There will always be the haters *****ing about weight, is it street, what boost, the driver blah..blah..bah. If a tuner or Individual gets it done!!! Good for them they found the right recipe for succes!! Whether it be tuning, lighting up the car, gears.. what ever it may be ....Hey when you pull up to a street race, you race what you brung case closed!!! You loose, you pay done!!! Nobody wants to hear it!! This summer will be interesting ..remember we all win
+4.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I really think this thread is a bad idea so I will refrain from responding. It will only cause animosity towards each other and we all loose.
best,
markski
+5.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Craig
Is your car the most powerful or should I say does it have the strongest engine in a street car that has been created by EVOMS?
Cheers
Robert
I have NO idea Rob. It certainly is NOT the fastest.

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:19 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
How come I only got +4 ....

Old 06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by topgun
How come I only got +4 ....
Chronological order as I was reading through this ill-conceived thread. + infinity!!!

Craig

Old 06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Trust me, there is absolutely no hatred all all from me.

By the way, Craig. I would love to have an engine built by Steven Kaspar and hand tuned by Todd Z ON THE DYNO by him personally, but that is very different from a prepackaged tune. For stage 1-4, a prepackaged tune is great...above, then I think a hands on tune done by an expert with the codes (and both Todds qualify, but not many others) is needed.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-11-2007 at 08:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms vs. Proto