996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms vs. Proto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:28 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I have been involved in many X vs. Y discussions on this forum and others. I am not one of those people who think that I make X look better by discrediting Y. Or more specifically...I think that it is no secret that I am a happy EVOMS customer and support their products and service. I believe that support for your tuner, brand, etc. can be done WITHOUT trying to badmouth their competition.

Protomotive makes some bad *** cars. I would love to have Mark's or Scott's car here to help me put some of these domestic **** talkers in their place

Last edited by RennTechV12; 06-11-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:30 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tisibeast
Don't hate - appreciate.
Words to live by...and a catchy phrase as well....

Old 06-11-2007, 08:40 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
....maybe rent out E-town.They also have a road course now.
Joe, you do realize that on a road course you have to turn left and right ....
As for the gist of this thread, I think the underlying premise is sound. If tuner A can provide 90% the power of tuner B but at a 20-30% price reduction that is good information. The problem is these arent stage 2 flashes. They are serious engine builds at serious prices and anyone who is contemplating this route better do their own homework instead of asking for prices online. Make the calls to the tuners and see which one fits your price range and philosophy as well.....

Old 06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I picked Protomotive because they threw in "free lodging"
Good luck to all, it is the best summer ever for 996TT
performance.

EVOMS took everybody to the mat recently, that is cool.
They deserve it. (Was it their "test mule car")

Old 06-11-2007, 08:46 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Joe, you do realize that on a road course you have to turn left and right ....
LOL,I am only a set of coilovers away from cutting some good laps.....well that and about 25lbs of blue painters tape .

Old 06-11-2007, 08:47 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joe,

3M is close by, I can send you a case, No problemo,
but no more top secret 1/4 mile world records please???

Marty

Old 06-11-2007, 08:49 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Joe,

3M is close by, I can send you a case, No problemo,
but no more top secret 1/4 mile world records please???

Marty
MK...their 1/4 mile record is many things...a secret aint one of them

Old 06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Children, children are we not all on the same team? This is starting to sound like tt vs Corvette thread!

I don't think this thread was an ill conceived idea at all. I just hoped we could have an adult conversation regarding a couple of the top tuners in the game.

If I was ready to build a car like this I would certainly make calls to both tuners and do my homework. I was just curious what the costs were to build these motors, but I guess that is top secret info.

Carry on and try to play nice!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Buddy,

I think exact costs are hard to determine by either source because it seems
like there are SO MANY options and variables not directly related to the motor build. When you start going that far you come across questions like
stock crank or not, GT3 cams or custom grind cams, etc. Then one starts
upgrading brakes, suspension componenents and before you know it you
are flat broke (oh, wait, maybe that is just me??).

It would be fun to make those choices though!!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
MK, Some of us are lucky to have the means to own a Porsche, but to have one of these Halo tuner cars some are just "blessed"......I know I am

Old 06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Yeah I was just looking more for ballpark numbers to duplicate the motors in the Evoms record car and say Marski's Proto car.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:43 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
Buddy,

maybe the better question is what is the cost of this performance...

if egos could be put aside, thereby having an adult discussion, much information could be shared.

it would be useful if this community had an idea what the costs were to run documented ET's.

for example:
tuner A with package X (on a 996tt) runs Y (ET) at cost (approx) of Z..

then of course there is the whole reliability issue and also, customer service..

some other variables would be noted as well: tires, weight, driver, etc. etc..

the real point is that we are all fortunate that: the manufacturers produce these vehicles, we can enjoy them and have somewhere to use them..

me on the other hand, thinks that motorcycles are the way to go.. whether at the strip .. stock, high nines for 10K
or a road race track, ..

BEST bang for the buck and PLENTY thrilling..

remember this,

most of the time when you say nasty things about others, generally, you put YOURSELF in a bad light.. ( i am not talking about you, Buddy)

Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
The real players in this drama are all cool with each other. The people who actually build, own and race the big dog cars are all decent peole who give credit where it's due.

The **** talkers are the hangers on. Hey **** talkers, **** off and devalue some other forum. :-)

Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Buddy,

Hopefully before the end of the summer KA will be ready. Once ready I will be happy to ship her anywhere in the continental US (at my cost) for a track run(s). She will have all the safety equipment installed to make any multiple runs if required for whatever ET she attains.

Whatever happens ............ so be it.

Last edited by cjv; 06-11-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:12 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
The real players in this drama are all cool with each other. The people who actually build, own and race the big dog cars are all decent peole who give credit where it's due.

The **** talkers are the hangers on. Hey **** talkers, **** off and devalue some other forum. :-)
Well said!

On that note, I'm headed over to the 350Z forum

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms vs. Proto