996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms vs. Proto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robmd99
Joe
How much more horsepower can EVOMS make by using the air intake plenium that goes behind the motor to feed the turbos? It would seem like they are getting to the edge? Or maybe I am wrong? When I look at the supras motors they have huge intakes.. much bigger than what we can put in the conventional way but the only other method is what Protomotive uses in which the put the tubing into the fenders? What do you think?
Not to change the subject, but why do you make your posts in all bold?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
That's actually a _really_ important point for us California-wussies. We recently got a 3.8L GT800 with said intake/plenum to pass smog here. It looks so stock-like and the plumbing still matches all the emisions labels on the decklid as well.
Exactly Alex,I didn't want to have to worry about getting my car inspected or relying on a favor just to pass inspection.I can take it to any inspection station and it passes......in fact did so today.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Exactly Alex,I didn't want to have to worry about getting my car inspected or relying on a favor just to pass inspection.I can take it to any inspection station and it passes......in fact did so today.
I knew there had to be a redeeming quality about living in Ohio....we can register back-half drag cars for the street around here That was one of the main reasons I didn't relo to CA last year....I realized I couldn't have legally registered any of my cars and if I ever got pulled over, I heard they probably would have been towed on the spot

Last edited by OhioGT2; 06-12-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I knew their had to be a redeeming quality about living in Ohio....we can register back-half drag cars for the street around here That was one of the main reasons I didn't relo to CA last year....I realized I couldn't have legally registered any of my cars and if I ever got pulled over, I heard they probably would have been towed on the spot
Damn. CA is harsh.

I got my car state inspected the other day and she passed with flying colors.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:23 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
That's actually a _really_ important point for us California-wussies. We recently got a 3.8L GT800 with said intake/plenum to pass smog here. It looks so stock-like and the plumbing still matches all the emisions labels on the decklid as well.
Geeza CALL ME

Old 06-12-2007, 09:54 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joetwint
Rob,I don't understand what you are getting at! There are a couple of cars running around in the 750-800rwhp range with that setup......I have it on my car and I don't think that is the limiting factor.The Proto and Evo are 2 different systems that deliver and measure the air in 2 different ways.....2 different philosophies.My car will easily pass a visual and emissions inspection that way with no problems.
Joe
Thanks for responding, the question I am asking is how much volume of air can any system flow to the turbos using the Porsche Method (starting at back of the engine winding behind the motor and eventually into each turbo). I was wondeing if that limited space can flow enough volume to feed 800, 900 or 1000 hp motors? And if not, at what hp level should you change to say the Protomotive system of flowing air via the fenders into turbos. I know you have worked extensively with EVOMs and I am just curious.
Franternally
Robert

Old 06-13-2007, 08:00 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Besides the Vflow Evoms also changes the intake pipes from the fender scoops to smooth and increase the air into the motor.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:23 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Geeza CALL ME
Back from Arizona James said there was no messages from ya We'll talk today then

Old 06-13-2007, 09:51 AM
arr0gant is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Most of p car owners are not willing to go to that extreme.
markski
There's a reason he's called Divextreme!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
I'm tired of this thread.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Then why are you posting in it? Bye Bye!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Bye! Bye! Bye!, Sonny.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buddyg
Besides the Vflow Evoms also changes the intake pipes from the fender scoops to smooth and increase the air into the motor.
Buddy
Where can I find a photo of this set up? Changes in the intake pipes?
Sincerely
Robert

Old 06-13-2007, 10:16 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Rob,

I think this photo shows the piping that Buddy is referring to...

Old 06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JR.
my point was that a street car without brake mods and weight reduction ISN'T being all that it can be..

the difference between a Porsche race car and a Porsche street car at the track is HUGE.

my friend Sol, who "educated" me, has some very interesting Porsche race cars...

http://www.perfectpowerinc.com/gallery.html

check out his ex-Hurley Haywood Fabcar race car..

http://www.perfectpowerinc.com/sales_preowned_autos.html
Of course, that's why they are called RACE cars. But the Turbo is a very capable track car and other than the brake issue and maybe some weight a monster on the track but what street car do you know doesnt need ANYTHING to run at the track (well maybe a GT3 RS) but there arent many. Whether is brake fluid, lines, maybe even better rotors (cracking), weight, suspension just about any car will need some work because they are still built for the street and not for driving enduros at the track.

BTW I'd be down to do some road course comparos. . All that HP wont help you much when it comes time to turn. 700 hp is a hinderance because you cant put the power down and would get owned at most tracks by stock GT3's especially for you guys that went to RWD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms vs. Proto