996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

litronic thieves!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 06:43 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool

REMEMBER:

What goes around, comes around.

Old 04-06-2004, 07:21 PM
mal28 is infamous around these parts
what do the theives do with the stolen lights? must they be sold "as is" or are they disassembled and sold as parts?

if they are sold only to porsche owners, who buys these?

Old 04-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
"Turn the headlight spray nozzels into napalm flame throwers... It should do the trick "

you made me laugh out loud..

haha

damn. I had a flash of someone stealing my lights on my new Turbo..very disturbing thought.

Happened on my M-3...actually, they stole the whole car...on my birthday....

and guess what?

My wife (now ex wife) forgot to pay the insurance..,it lapsed...

she said.

"Sorry."

It was a very bad birthday...car was brand new.

Last edited by Control It; 04-06-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:44 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
If you take a paint stirrer and slide it under the headlight. Knock the lever that holds the head light in and you can remove the light without any damage to the car. The lights can be taken out in less than 30 seconds. It really is a poor design. I can do it to a 996 in seconds.

BTW I work on a lot of Porsche's and I take the headlights out without the tool to remove dents from the fenders when there is no tool set with the car. Not to steal the headlights.

Eric

Old 04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by CAPTLST
If you take a paint stirrer and slide it under the headlight... The lights can be taken out in less than 30 seconds... I can do it to a 996 in seconds.
Hey - Eric's the guy doing it! Let's get him!

Old 04-06-2004, 08:10 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Zippy
Hey - Eric's the guy doing it! Let's get him!

Old 04-06-2004, 08:58 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
give it time, porsche will come out w/ a locking bolt similiar to what nissan had to do w/ their maxima

Old 04-06-2004, 08:59 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mal28
what do the theives do with the stolen lights? must they be sold "as is" or are they disassembled and sold as parts?

if they are sold only to porsche owners, who buys these?
the HID units are removed and the actual housing is usually trashed

Old 04-07-2004, 12:50 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Rave TT
Holly Sh*t!!! These people need to be killed!!!
like this...

http://homepage.mac.com/arlingwang/iMovieTheater40.html

Old 04-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I've found that leaving an empty gun holster in the passenger seat makes a great deterant to thieves...They'd hate to see the owner returning and seeing his/her car getting broken into

Old 04-07-2004, 06:22 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Saw on the news this am that the low lifes are after Nissan Ultimas here in Charlotte. Nissan committed to free replacement of the lights if stolen. Porsche?....... Typical media suggested that car owners use halogens instead of Xenons. There they go again, blaming the victim.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:41 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by mehrabani1
I would want to have a car as bait, and then catch them when they are trying to steal it, and I would laugh my *** off when the whole lot of them goes to prison...
Are you kidding? They'd get a slap on the hands and probably boost the judges lights on the way out of the courtroom

Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
All we need is to get a Trunk Monkey installed!

Trunk Monkey

This should take care of those little bastards!

Old 04-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
I'd take a trunk monkey with his pals Mr Smith and Mr Wesson, along with a crazy dose of caffeine. Thieves won't steal twice!