996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I Just picked up this BMW 645Ci

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 11:31 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by mehrabani1
No problem... I had no idea what it was a month ago... its the Heads Up Display option on the car...
I have every option except HUD. My car has PDC, auto trans(sucks, but, he would only give me auto b/c better for resale), sport package, premium sound package(sounds great), and cold weather package,.

With sport package you get-19 x 8.5 front, 19 x 9.0 rear Ellipsoid (Styling 121) cast alloy wheels, 245/40R-19 front, 275/35R-19 rear performance run-flat tires*
8-way power front sport seats with manual headrest and thigh support, Sport Suspension, Active Steering with variable steering ratio,Shadowline High-Gloss exterior trim

Premium Sound Package you get---Logic7 sound system with Surround Sound, Digital Sound Processing (including two subwoofers)6-disc glove compartment-mounted CD changer; includes all features of standard audio system

Cold Weather Package---Heated Steering Wheel Ski Bag Heated Front Seats

Some cool standard features--panarama roof, active roll stabilization, NAV, Adaptive Xenon Lights, LED Rear lights, Sport Steering wheel, dsc, dtc, dynamic drive etc, etc , etc. One really cool thing though is the lighting that stays on under the side mirrors appears to be xenon.

Old 04-07-2004, 11:34 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by O-Ace
Sounds good. Maybe we can meet up one of these days for that highway run. Shoot me a PM when you're up for it
It'll have to be this weekend, or wait until I get my new car and break it in. My current turbo is either going to the dealer to be sold on consignment or being sold by next Monday-Tuesday. I can bring the 6, but, as dumb as it sounds, I am following break-in rules, just don't feel right giving someone a car if I beat on it.

Lou

Old 04-07-2004, 11:35 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
If the weather's nice on Saturday, give me a buzz.

Old 04-07-2004, 11:40 PM
LSM
If the weather's nice on Saturday, give me a buzz.
Can you PM me your number again? BTW, I was supposed to go to Beverly road and streets of woodfield tonight to meet up with some Viper guys. Shank went, I couldn't go, you ever been to either of the aformentioned places? I haven't, just wondering what it was like.

Lou

Old 04-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
I sat in the 6 series the other day at the dealership and what impressed me most was the interior. I had an m3 and I thought that was a nice feeling interior until I sat in the 6. Congrats on the car, it looks great, except for that rear where the trunk is, it just doesn't look right.

Last edited by sticky; 04-08-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:03 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I had a chance to drive Lou's car for a day, and I must say, it was very BMWish......

As usual, it was tight, and the steeringwheel was extra thick. Had every amenity. The power (didn't floor it due to break in) was pretty responsive and more than adequate for this car.

The Interior is gorgeous (DASH, Instrument Cluster, Updated EASIER I-DRIVE, and dark burlwood trim) The seats were very comfortable, and uptop was a huge panoramic roof, much like the SL.

My PROS:
Power
Tight
Handling (surprising, makes our stock turbos feel soft)
Interior Ergonomics/Design
Angel Eyes
Sport Package Trim / 19" Rims
Looks: Pretty Front End, Front 3/4 View

MY CONS:
Looks: Rear End looks like a Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Intrepid
What the hell was Chris Mangle thinking of when he designed that trunk?

Althought the Panoramic roof Looks fantastic, it only pops up. It does not open like a sunroof. I would rather have a regular sunroof.

Only 3 choices in interior colors. Tan (Gets dirty), Rubylike Red (poor resale) and Black(DarkDark Gray)

I think I will wait for an M6 to own my first BMW. I have seen some artist renditions, and it looks amazing even with the Bangled Trunk.

Shank

Old 04-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by LSM
Can you PM me your number again? BTW, I was supposed to go to Beverly road and streets of woodfield tonight to meet up with some Viper guys. Shank went, I couldn't go, you ever been to either of the aformentioned places? I haven't, just wondering what it was like.

Lou
I go to streets of woodfield during the summer, and know most of the Viper guys that go there. It's a fun place to hangout but the cops start kicking people out around 11ish. There's a European car meet in Schaumburg tonight; close to woodfield mall. PM me if you can make it.

-Awais

Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 AM
LSM
Originally posted by ShankGT2
I had a chance to drive Lou's car for a day, and I must say, it was very BMWish......

As usual, it was tight, and the steeringwheel was extra thick. Had every amenity. The power (didn't floor it due to break in) was pretty responsive and more than adequate for this car.

The Interior is gorgeous (DASH, Instrument Cluster, Updated EASIER I-DRIVE, and dark burlwood trim) The seats were very comfortable, and uptop was a huge panoramic roof, much like the SL.

My PROS:
Power
Tight
Handling (surprising, makes our stock turbos feel soft)
Interior Ergonomics/Design
Angel Eyes
Sport Package Trim / 19" Rims
Looks: Pretty Front End, Front 3/4 View

MY CONS:
Looks: Rear End looks like a Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Intrepid
What the hell was Chris Mangle thinking of when he designed that trunk?

Althought the Panoramic roof Looks fantastic, it only pops up. It does not open like a sunroof. I would rather have a regular sunroof.

Only 3 choices in interior colors. Tan (Gets dirty), Rubylike Red (poor resale) and Black(DarkDark Gray)

I think I will wait for an M6 to own my first BMW. I have seen some artist renditions, and it looks amazing even with the Bangled Trunk.

Shank

Shank's assessments are right on as they should be, he has actually driven the car more than I have at this point. I feel exactly the same way with the exception of the trunk. I agree, it looks hideous when standing next to it and looking at it. Doesn't make much sense that trunk design. However, when the car is in motion, everything just blends together and the car looks hot.

Lou

Old 04-08-2004, 10:07 AM
LSM
I go to streets of woodfield during the summer, and know most of the Viper guys that go there. It's a fun place to hangout but the cops start kicking people out around 11ish. There's a European car meet in Schaumburg tonight; close to woodfield mall. PM me if you can make it.

-Awais

Where is it at? Is that the supercars chicago meet at Dave and Busters?

Lou

Old 04-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by LSM
Where is it at? Is that the supercars chicago meet at Dave and Busters?

Lou
It's a EuroTek weekly meet at Fuddruckers in Schaumburg @ 7:15 PM. Here are the details: http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8634

-Awais

Old 04-08-2004, 11:28 AM
LSM
It's a EuroTek weekly meet at Fuddruckers in Schaumburg @ 7:15 PM. Here are the details: http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8634

-Awais
Awais,

If it is cool, I'd love to come. Shank would also like to come as would my friend with an E55. Is that ok? Is it ok if we come at like 8:00PM, traffic from the city sucks!! Anyway let me know, and I'll PM you my number as well.

Lou