996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1/4 Mile and what it means: discussion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:37 AM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
How much is too much? I know you get accustomed to power and then you 'need' more...but where does it end?

Sorry for the dumb questions!! I drive a slow 987.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Most of the Supra's rolling out of our shop have 1000rwhp, its all about the setup with suspension, engine management, boost control, timing control, future is traction control, tires, and so forth. 1000rwhp is bad to the bone. You have to be on your game driving and most people go from stock to 450 to 600 to 800 to 1000+ so its a graduation.

Also Markski I've heard about your tuner and your car at 60 to 130, last I heard he was working on getting your car more stable, he's very good at what he does.

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
We currently retuned my car and my tuner is scared to do the 60 to 130 on the street... no joke...
So, it can be a handful.
markski

Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Yes, he is pretty good at what he does... we should get some real good figures soon...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about
Yes we use Profec Bs...
but the motronic ecu does not let u do 2 step/antilag... my tuner looked into it. I wish I had it.
Its a lot easier to run a th400 with anitlag and or 2 step programmed into the ecu... give some NOS controlled electronically and ur done... So no, our P cars have a long way to go...
Todd K> did start a 996tt with a M800 box.,... but he didnt like it... it was on Alex D.s car. such a set up has no ac, power windows... etc...
markski
Try John Reed @ rrevmotorsports, he builds plug and play harness for a lot of cars, multipe EMS paltforms. He built one for my TT Viper that allow the factory PCM to control all of the standard stuff, ac, power window, etc, and the MoTec unit controls fuel/spark/fan and wheel speed sensors for traction control

Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 777vegasviper
Try John Reed @ rrevmotorsports, he builds plug and play harness for a lot of cars, multipe EMS paltforms. He built one for my TT Viper that allow the factory PCM to control all of the standard stuff, ac, power window, etc, and the MoTec unit controls fuel/spark/fan and wheel speed sensors for traction control
but has he done one for the 996tt with full powerlike ac and power windows... that is the key...

click to view

Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about
but has he done one for the 996tt with full powerlike ac and power windows... that is the key...
I will point this discussion to John so he can tell you exactly what he can/can't do. With my car he created a custom harness that plugs into the stock ECU that allows the MoTec unit to control what a tuner will need control of, at the same time leaving the stock ECU settings alone for the other things a tuner doesn't need to control, i.e. power window, door locks, etc.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I will point this discussion to John so he can tell you exactly what he can/can't do. With my car he created a custom harness that plugs into the stock ECU that allows the MoTec unit to control what a tuner will need control of, at the same time leaving the stock ECU settings alone for the other things a tuner doesn't need to control, i.e. power window, door locks, etc.

This is how mine is done. I am sure the same thing can be done for a 996, just a matter of someone wanting it done and taking some time to cross reference the wiring harness.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
So it seems like its a piggyback? I know Todd K had it hooked up just on the Motec....

click to view

Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Piggyback would just hook in and change the signals coming out of the stock ECU. I think what this does is allow the stock ECU to control windows, AC, alarm, etc etc etc, and completely cuts off/intercepts the signal for the motor and controls it completely with the Motec. Very interesting.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
So it seems like its a piggyback? I know Todd K had it hooked up just on the Motec....
You can run it either way depending on how the car handles certain opperations. On a 6spd Supra it's all standalone, on an automatic or similar Lexus where the dash, etc is digital you set the engine to be is standalone (as the Motec controls the entire operation of the engine, and in our case boost control as well using a GM solenoid) and the car/comforts run off the cars main computer. My AC, Windows, Power Steering, etc are all fully operational as they where from the factory.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
WOW that must be nice....

click to view

Old 06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
these guys answered the question for me. The harness will allow you/your tuner to pick the functions you would like the MoTeC unit to control, spark/fuel, fan, etc, boost per gear (will let you pick PSI per gear, car engine won't exceed that boost level regardless of what else is going on with the car/engine)

Old 06-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
these guys answered the question for me. The harness will allow you/your tuner to pick the functions you would like the MoTeC unit to control, spark/fuel, fan, etc, boost per gear (will let you pick PSI per gear, car engine won't exceed that boost level regardless of what else is going on with the car/engine)
Thats great but have they or anyone they know of done it on a 996TT? if so Ill be the first one to look into it....

click to view

Old 06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Thats great but have they or anyone they know of done it on a 996TT? if so Ill be the first one to look into it....
That is a question only John can answer, I sent him this link.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
there some crazy security codes to get around.. so it really is not that easy...

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 Mile and what it means: discussion