996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1/4 Mile and what it means: discussion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
We haven't done it, we work with John @ RRev and I don't think either of us have even looked into doing a PnP for 996's or 997's

Originally Posted by 777vegasviper
That is a question only John can answer, I sent him this link.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by titannero
We haven't done it, we work with John @ RRev and I don't think either of us have even looked into doing a PnP for 996's or 997's
I know Todd K tried it but later retrofitted the motronic on VR Alexanders car... not sure why.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-22-2007, 06:26 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
Did you run you car yet in the 1/4
Robert

Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I for one welcome the crazy Supra guys to the Porsche world. If they can do 1/2 for the tt's what they have done for Supra's it will be a really awesome trip.

Great ideas flowing already, so get to working on it!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Think outside the box and the options are endless

http://www.garaget.org/video/lsm585bx52u4

Old 06-22-2007, 11:04 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Motec is nothing new to the Porsche world. Lots Porsche race cars been tuned w/ Motec for years. Checkout Bob Holcomb at Mode. He's been tuning Motec since the first aircooled. In general, the reason why Porshe tuner like Todd K. don't use them for street cars is because the knocking sensing ability in the Bosch Motronic that is much more superior therefore safer then Motec. Emission compliance also plays a huge factor.
Marski is right when he said there are only very few tuner in the US truly knows how to tune Motronics.

Note:John Reed is very talented. He installed and tuned the first AEM in my Viper-SRT10 TT 2 years ago.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Motec can do anything the OEM ECU can do. But think of the thousands and thousands of programming hours put into the OEM unit. Do you really think you can match that with your tuner? WOT is the easy part.

Hence many use something like Motec in conjunction with the OEM unit .. let the factory take care of windows, air con, etc and let Motec run the powertrain.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Todd K installed it as a stand alone... took it out at a later time.
I believe a lot of tuners that have done it did it on a 993TT whcih is not fly by wire...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-22-2007, 09:46 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buddyg
I for one welcome the crazy Supra guys to the Porsche world. If they can do 1/2 for the tt's what they have done for Supra's it will be a really awesome trip.

Great ideas flowing already, so get to working on it!
Buddy
I agree, my friend Ben does a ton of programming and I welcome him to help my car in anyway he can. For example, Supras use multiple fuel pumps but they only run one if they are not racing... he gave me several reasons why. He can program NOS and with many comibinations...it is just amazing to listen to what these guys have done to there cars... I hope they can help with our cars!!! Welcome aboard any body who is willing to push the envelope of our cars and or improve them!!
Robert

Old 06-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
All the technology that's developed with the Supra's and Motec PnP has been awesome. Its taken years and continuous improvement and our relationship with Motec is very strong which has helped immensely. The capabilities with antilag, boost control, wideband logging, wheel speed and wheel slip logging, individual cylinder control, and so on makes it nice. It does take some work to get one 100% well rounded but that's why an experienced shop on that vehicle should have a great base tune. When you start adding all the stuff Supra guys add it is almost easier to start from scratch on the engine management side.

Originally Posted by robmd99
Buddy
I agree, my friend Ben does a ton of programming and I welcome him to help my car in anyway he can. For example, Supras use multiple fuel pumps but they only run one if they are not racing... he gave me several reasons why. He can program NOS and with many comibinations...it is just amazing to listen to what these guys have done to there cars... I hope they can help with our cars!!! Welcome aboard any body who is willing to push the envelope of our cars and or improve them!!
Robert

Old 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Tito,

Very cool video, what did the car run in the Quarter and what else do you
know about it??

MK

Old 06-23-2007, 09:51 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by titannero
All the technology that's developed with the Supra's and Motec PnP has been awesome. Its taken years and continuous improvement and our relationship with Motec is very strong which has helped immensely. The capabilities with antilag, boost control, wideband logging, wheel speed and wheel slip logging, individual cylinder control, and so on makes it nice. It does take some work to get one 100% well rounded but that's why an experienced shop on that vehicle should have a great base tune. When you start adding all the stuff Supra guys add it is almost easier to start from scratch on the engine management side.
Nero
Welcome to 6speed. You guys (Titan) have done an amazing job in the Supra community. Do share with us any exciting plans you may have for the 996/997TT platform.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:35 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Nero
Welcome to 6speed. You guys (Titan) have done an amazing job in the Supra community. Do share with us any exciting plans you may have for the 996/997TT platform.
Nero is going to conquer the world Seen their stuff on supras and it's on a different level.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Nero,

Welcome to 6speed. I hope to see you guys cross over to the P-car side of the house as well.

Scott

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-23-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Nero is going to conquer the world Seen their stuff on supras and it's on a different level.
Yeah they take their Supras to the extreme. Since he also owns a 996TT we may see 8s 996TT in the near future.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 Mile and what it means: discussion