996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO Performance Weekend Has Started!!! Photos inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Banned
Jenn @ EVO is infamous around these parts
EVO Performance Weekend Has Started!!! Photos inside

Hello everyone, I am Jennifer Jakemer - COO of Evolution Motrorsports. I want to formally introduce myself to you all. I am new to the EVO crew and I am excited to get more involved with the 6-speed community. We have officially kicked off our Performance Weekend here in sunny AZ We will be covering the event as we go throughout the weekend so those of you who could not attend, we will keep you involved in the activities.

Evolution Motorsports is Excited to announce its sponsorship of the GM Racing GT3 owned by Gene Sigal for the Rolex Grand American Race this weekend at PIR. Since we are just as passionate about speed and performance for Porsche cars, it was a natural fit for us to sponsor Gene and his team. We are very excited about this opportunity and we wish Gene and his team the best of luck.

Attached is the EVO Crew with Gene Segal's GT3

More info and Photos to follow

Attached Images  

Last edited by Jenn @ EVO; 04-08-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Banned
Here is a photo of myself getting some driving tips from Gene.

Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned
Here is a photo of Gene (in front) and Todd by the GT3

Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Banned
This morning we had the local FOX news channel 10 broadcasting live from our facility. They broadcasted a few segments featuring the GT3 covering the technical points of the car as well as promotion for the race this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway where Gene Sigal and his crew will be fighting for a win in the EVO sponsored GT3. The news also highlighted EVO where they explained the nature of our business and interviewed each member of our team. Finally they featured a segment where they dyno tested our supercharged 996. We will have a video link available soon.

Attached is a photo of Cory McCloskey (Fox 10 News) Todd and Myself.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Jenn @ EVO; 04-08-2004 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Banned
One more... This is Gene and Chris Parvin who is EVO's marketing Genius.

Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2004, 02:05 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty impressive stuff gang. Congratulations on the outstanding shop and the segment with Fox. That is no easy feat. Keep up the great work!! Roxanne and I look forward to seeing it in person tomorrow.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Banned
Our event will continue Friday night at 7:00 PM where we are having our cocktail party. We will post photos from the event that evening.

On Saturday, we will be starting at 10:00 AM. We will have Brandon from Kleemann with their E500K on the dyno. We will have some other dyno demonstrations with some P cars.

We will be leaving EVO at about 1:00 for a lunch cruise through Fountain Hills, Rio Verde and end up at Pinnacle Peak Patio for lunch.

At 3:00 we will be leaving Pinnacle Peak Patio and headed to Porsche North Scottsdale where we have a private tour of Penske's auto Museum from 4:00 - 5:00.

At 5:00, we will be headed out to the PIR race to watch Gene and crew race in the Rolex Grand American Race.

Hope to see some of you at the events.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:23 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great to put faces behind the names! Good luck with the new Shop!

Old 04-08-2004, 02:38 PM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
I can't wait to come down Friday. Is the GT3 going to be there friday night forthe party??

Old 04-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
I look forward to meeting everyone on Friday.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:35 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on the "other" thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Phoebe in that picture? Talked to her a zillion times but never met her.

Last edited by ben, lj; 04-08-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned
Originally posted by YSITSMN
I can't wait to come down Friday. Is the GT3 going to be there friday night forthe party??
Unfortunately, the GT3 will not be there Friday night. Qualifying for the race is Friday and the car is already at the track.

Originally posted by ben, lj
Congrats on the "other" thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Phoebe in that picture? Talked to her a zillion times but never met her.
Thanks Ben, Phoebe is the the drivers seat in the first seat.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Banned
Originally posted by YSITSMN
Gene and the crew are going to try and make it friday night to the cocktail party. See you all then.

Last edited by Jenn @ EVO; 04-08-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:10 PM
topspn is infamous around these parts
Jenn

Good to meet you. Welcome.

BTW, would you please ask Todd to give me a call. I left a message the other day for him and waiting to hear back. Need to know what he's come up with re: shipping, if we're going to go that route. Also, I have a friend with a 996 turbo and he wants to know how difficult it is to make his car a rear wheel drive car.

Regards

Mitch

Old 04-08-2004, 09:25 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
About twenty minutes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO Performance Weekend Has Started!!! Photos inside