996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Upsolute - boost question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:58 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wirx
some stock DV are good, some isn't...80-90% isn't...
good perfomance DV cost about 100$+ you need 2 DV-s
http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...6BAA8FD5E55%7D
DV are easy change, take about 15 min to change.
btw PSM off/on won't give any effect to bar readings(mybe only 1st gear or wet conditions)
Only 15 min to change? I heard they were a PIA?

Old 06-22-2007, 02:09 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cohare
Only 15 min to change? I heard they were a PIA?
not too bad. took me about an hour.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Hey, since I know a little history of your car, do you think when the dealer installed your new ECU, that they may have accidentally reflashed it back to stock? I would say that you should see 1 bar all day long, and not the stock .6-.7.

When I GIAC flashed my car, it went from .7 to 1.1-1.2 bar and I could definitely feel an immediate difference. I have never adjusted my wastegates yet, and know that it should be tweaked at some point. I am wondering if the dealer did something when they installed your new ECU.

OH yea, those DV's are a pain to change. I started to do mine, then gave up and paid my mechanic to do it for me. If you have huge hands, and not the proper tools, it is worth to pay someone to do it for you.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:48 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
The more I read this thread the more mad I get. Why cant it just work correctly like everyone freaking else? I think I am going to uh hook the battery see if it resets. ugghhhh!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
i would suggest you take teh car in and get it scanned for codes. there could be a stored code for something.

also check the car for boost leaks. you can put the car on ramps, take off the rear bumper cover. that will give you access to most of the major hoses....

when i had chipped k16s, i would boost only 0.8 most of the time. it turned out i had a bunch of boost leaks

Old 06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Powell
What gears do you see that in?
3rd, and 4th.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by drewTT
i would suggest you take teh car in and get it scanned for codes. there could be a stored code for something.

also check the car for boost leaks. you can put the car on ramps, take off the rear bumper cover. that will give you access to most of the major hoses....

when i had chipped k16s, i would boost only 0.8 most of the time. it turned out i had a bunch of boost leaks
Really? so do you just listen for leaks or how do you tell?

Old 06-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Really? so do you just listen for leaks or how do you tell?
i had a pretty major leak right at the intercooler connection.

if you have a bunch of small leaks, that will be a lot more difficult to locate. i would suggest you take it to a good mechanic then....

Old 06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
The more I read this thread the more mad I get. Why cant it just work correctly like everyone freaking else? I think I am going to uh hook the battery see if it resets. ugghhhh!
If only!

Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 PM
More diagnostics - it only seems to go above .7 in between shifts... WTF?

Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I just went out and made a few quick pools. I see .8 steady through 3rd gear. I didn't do any high RPM 4th gear runs, but the only big one I got to almost 6k and shut down due to the road. It jumped to .9 then back down to .8 and never raised anymore. I have been told by passangers that they have seen 1.0 bar one time, and I probably do but this weather sucks so that is probably not helping.

Would it hurt any to turn the wastegate bolt one full turn anyway see if it will make .9bar in 3rd gear? Will it hurt anything?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:45 PM
banditlex is infamous around these parts
the dv shouldn't be the problem. It should boost right away, unless you have a leak (unlikely this early). they may not have flashed it correctly. I'd suggest you contact upsolute before making any changes to your car (other than dvs which you should upgrade anyway).

Old 06-22-2007, 07:54 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
I can get 1.0 in every gear with GIAC and sometimes 1.1, something is not right. I've seen the Upsolute software do the same. I don't think it's the diverters. I ran GIAC even before I upgraded the dv's and still saw 1.0 without them.

Really? I feel like others see a solid 1.0 1st, 2nd and 3rd? Am I just wrong?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Powell - what chip do you have?

I just tried to turn the wastegates, couldnt get to the passenger side one with a regular strait wrench, need one that bends to get to it. I still see only flashes of 1.0 during shifts.

I am guessing the dreaded boost leak....anyone advice on how to test for and locate one?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by banditlex
the dv shouldn't be the problem. It should boost right away, unless you have a leak (unlikely this early). they may not have flashed it correctly. I'd suggest you contact upsolute before making any changes to your car (other than dvs which you should upgrade anyway).
What do you mean unlikely this early, early in life of the car or in the chip? it is an 01, I feel like something could be leaking after 6 years am I wrong?

Last edited by cohare; 06-22-2007 at 08:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upsolute - boost question