996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Upsolute - boost question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
sttjmk is infamous around these parts
I recently upgraded with the Upsolute software as well. Saw 0.8 bar when stock. After installation of the Fabspeed intake and the software, I was hitting 1.0 bar very consistently. Another big difference was that the boost came on much much faster. Made a world of difference on turbo lag. This past week, I replaced the stock exhaust with the Fabspeed Gen 3 "sport" exhaust and see 1.1 consistently, with 1.2 bar hit for a split second on one occasion. I have not touched anything else. I suppose I should highlight the k24's are on my car, that probably makes this an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:00 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sttjmk
I recently upgraded with the Upsolute software as well. Saw 0.8 bar when stock. After installation of the Fabspeed intake and the software, I was hitting 1.0 bar very consistently. Another big difference was that the boost came on much much faster. Made a world of difference on turbo lag. This past week, I replaced the stock exhaust with the Fabspeed Gen 3 "sport" exhaust and see 1.1 consistently, with 1.2 bar hit for a split second on one occasion. I have not touched anything else. I suppose I should highlight the k24's are on my car, that probably makes this an apples-to-oranges comparison.
This is exactly why I am concerned I feel like even with K16's I should be hitting higher than .7 regularly, esp since I have the old style fabspeed super sport with NO baffles...

Do boost leaks become more apparent with a chip? and doesnt the gage still register high boost even with a leak? or can it not deliever the pressure bc its all leaking out?

Old 06-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I have a k16 with upsolute. 1.0 all the time...
(I also have the Evo hoses and diverter valves
and a Europipe II quiet, and the S-Car-Go CF
intake.
Joe

Old 06-23-2007, 11:45 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
did you put the upsolute in when you had your dv's stock?

Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 PM
sttjmk is infamous around these parts
On my old GTI with the APR Stage III, I blew some older seals and hoses when I cranked up the octane and generated more boost. The seals leaked just enough to prevent full boost, then would release when on WOT. I would get intermittent and variable boost under load. I'd get someone to rev the motor a little while you listen closely to the engine. If it is an external hose of seal, you'll be able to hear it, I'll bet, even if you don't have the turbos boosting.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Hi, no, I changed diverter valves previous to the programming.
Joe

Old 06-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by sttjmk
On my old GTI with the APR Stage III, I blew some older seals and hoses when I cranked up the octane and generated more boost. The seals leaked just enough to prevent full boost, then would release when on WOT. I would get intermittent and variable boost under load. I'd get someone to rev the motor a little while you listen closely to the engine. If it is an external hose of seal, you'll be able to hear it, I'll bet, even if you don't have the turbos boosting.
Yeah the problem is that when you rev that engine you cant hear anything over that exhaust. Any other creative ways to check for this?

Old 06-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Check out this thread. Build yourself a boost leak tester and follow the procedures. If you already have a compressor, all in cost is no more than $20 boost leak tester.

Original design from Big Bad Ben: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...st+leak+tester