996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just got a ticket for not having...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:54 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Goo-Gone when you want to take off the one part.
That should be available at any local auto part store right?

Old 06-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mannytt
The chp told me to bring the car into the local CHP station, one of the officer's will come out and inspect the car and sign off if it's done correctly. Suck's for me
I am thinking you could make something like this:

Go to the hardware store (bring the tow hook) and get a bolt or threaded rod the same diameter and pitch as the tow hook. The hareware store should also have some flat iron which you can use to make the holder for the plate. Cut and weld (probably have a muffler shop or sme shop weld it for a few bucks) the flat iron to the rod. Drill a few holes mount the plate screw into the tow hook place and then go to chp. Might want to put some tefflon tape on the rod before you screw it in so it will be nice and tight. Here is a rough sketch of what im talking about. This should be pretty solid and get police approval.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
PsyFi is infamous around these parts
I got pulled over in my s2000 for no front plate.
LOL I got them on my S2000 as well and it was just too much hassle for me to take it on off...so I keep it on for all my cars now. When I bought my TT I had the dealer put on the front plate bracket

Old 06-22-2007, 07:36 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
I drove a radical, 9-second-in-the-1/4 Camaro and then a supercharged C5 for a total of 11 years in the bay area without ever mounting a front plate. Both cars had noisy exhausts. My theory is that the cop saw you do something, but couldn't pin it on you, and so wrote you for the no-plate instead.

It may be that he saw you sometime in the past and then jumped on the chance to nail you for something.

Jeff

Old 06-22-2007, 07:38 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
Hey now, we're not all tree-huggers over here. There's a couple of Republicans in Orange County ya' know. Speaking of contradictions, I don't see a '05 997S in your stable? Oh boy, I'm a gonna get it now!

Originally Posted by 05997S
Pretty funny that the uber environmentalist californians are forcing their forward thinking constituents to increase their Cd and lower fuel efficiency.

Last edited by FlyingLow; 06-22-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FlyingLow
Hey now, we're not all tree-huggers over here. There's a couple of Republicans in Orange County ya' know. Speaking of contradictions, I don't see a '05 997S in your stable? Oh boy, I'm a gonna get it now!
It got confiscated and crushed after I was caught street racing and they found out my CAI and headers were stolen goods.

I replaced it with the Cayman.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
A meter maid in San Francisco gave me one for my out of state registered M3 with no front plate. It was $100 ticket or $10 fix it ticket. I ghetto rigged it up, took pictures, printed them out, then went into a station, showed the officer at the desk, along with the ticket and he wrote it off on the spot without seeing the actual car.

I would suggest doing this if you don't want to make some sort of bracket. Most cops don't care and will simply accept the picture.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:59 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
Are you kidding me!!! I was just reading about that happening in San Bernardino today. Damn.

Originally Posted by 05997S
It got confiscated and crushed after I was caught street racing and they found out my CAI and headers were stolen goods.

I replaced it with the Cayman.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:31 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
http://www.moweraxle.com/

Has been discussed a few times, seems like a reasonable price for saving your bumper, and easily removeable/replaceable. If ya gotta have it, IMO the only way to do it.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
I've had no plate on my car (nonPcar) for 30 months. I keep the temporary paperwork taped to the lower right corner! I'm in the SF bay area every week, get the look from plenty of cops... If they notice no plate, they see the temp tags- and never look at the rear plate.

A

Old 06-22-2007, 09:56 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
no front for 25 yrs no tickets..............

Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
some one makes a retractable plate mount just push a button and your plate pops up drives em nuts this is for street rods but must work for p cars

Old 06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mannytt
a front plate . Anybody else in Cali. that has got one b4.
Yep. While parked at LAX. When I got back from my trip I had a nice ticket for no front plate. I looked around and several other cars without front plates had one too. Damn parking *****!

Try this
http://www.moweraxle.com/

Brilliant!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I used to live in San Francisco. The originator of the $100 ticket for no front plate and you have to pay and fix it. I was parked without a front plate one day on Union St and got a no plate ticket. I move the car a few blocks away but left the ticket on the car and went across to meet a friend for lunch. While I'm sitting there a meter maid comes up and starts writing another ticket. I walked up and said whats going on. The guy says no front plate. I showed him the other ticket. He said I know, i gave it to you and I can give you up to three in the same day. I told him to write all three of them. Took it to court and got them all dismissed. One year later I'm watching the news about some "poor metermaid" that got beaten with a baseball bat while writing a ticket. Guess what, it was the same ******* that tagged me. There is a god in heaven

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got a ticket for not having...