996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just got a ticket for not having...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
I used to live in San Francisco. The originator of the $100 ticket for no front plate and you have to pay and fix it. I was parked without a front plate one day on Union St and got a no plate ticket. I move the car a few blocks away but left the ticket on the car and went across to meet a friend for lunch. While I'm sitting there a meter maid comes up and starts writing another ticket. I walked up and said whats going on. The guy says no front plate. I showed him the other ticket. He said I know, i gave it to you and I can give you up to three in the same day. I told him to write all three of them. Took it to court and got them all dismissed. One year later I'm watching the news about some "poor metermaid" that got beaten with a baseball bat while writing a ticket. Guess what, it was the same ******* that tagged me. There is a god in heaven
Amen Brotha!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Banned
GrettW is infamous around these parts
I got a speeding ticket about a week ago doin 85 in a 65 and he decided to write me up for no front plate as well, oh how I love the ca highway patrol aka traders to society lol

Old 06-23-2007, 05:41 AM
kzrsoize is infamous around these parts
The no front lic plate could be used as probable cause to pull you over and check out your veh. Keep in mind if you think you can drive your car after having a few drinks and im sure you can, mr chp can argue otherwise. And that little machine doesnt lie (for the most part).These little fix it tickets will give the cops the legal right to pull you over and investigate.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:28 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I fabricated one with a nice tow hook that looks pimp....easy as hell!

Mike

Old 06-23-2007, 09:05 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I leave the front plate off on purpose, but I keep the plate in the car... Kinda gives the Officer an out, still writes a ticket, just isnt for speeding, I'll take that anyday :-)

There is always a reason to pull you over...suspiscious activity... etc.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
justin m is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mannytt
a front plate . Anybody else in Cali. that has got one b4.
I have gotten two, one on my denali and one on my audi. Both times I took zip ties to hold the plate up, got it signed off, pulled out of the station and cut them right off!! Goodluck.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:55 AM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
I used to live in San Francisco. The originator of the $100 ticket for no front plate and you have to pay and fix it. I was parked without a front plate one day on Union St and got a no plate ticket. I move the car a few blocks away but left the ticket on the car and went across to meet a friend for lunch. While I'm sitting there a meter maid comes up and starts writing another ticket. I walked up and said whats going on. The guy says no front plate. I showed him the other ticket. He said I know, i gave it to you and I can give you up to three in the same day. I told him to write all three of them. Took it to court and got them all dismissed. One year later I'm watching the news about some "poor metermaid" that got beaten with a baseball bat while writing a ticket. Guess what, it was the same ******* that tagged me. There is a god in heaven
LOL

Old 06-23-2007, 11:01 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deepblue
I leave the front plate off on purpose, but I keep the plate in the car... Kinda gives the Officer an out, still writes a ticket, just isnt for speeding, I'll take that anyday :-)

There is always a reason to pull you over...suspiscious activity... etc.
I use a similat tactic only its "gee officer, I can't seem to find my proof of insurance" which if he writes you for, will get thrown out when you show the proof to the court.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:33 PM
UBERS4 is infamous around these parts
Here in IL, it works a little different in regards to front plates. While it IS illegal to not have a front plate all they ask is that you at least keep it in the car. They mainly want to see that you in fact do have the plate and your buddy isn't using your second one on his car. Bottom line, if you have no holes to mount it, what can they really do? If you're nice about it than it's usually not an issue, at least here in IL.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 05997S
I use a similat tactic only its "gee officer, I can't seem to find my proof of insurance" which if he writes you for, will get thrown out when you show the proof to the court.
I've never thought of that before...

Old 06-23-2007, 06:39 PM
chinaleeexports is infamous around these partschinaleeexports is infamous around these parts
In the California cities that have the infamous photo red light programs that take a photo/video of the alleged violator you will see a emphasis on front plate and rear plate enforcement. Most of these cities issue parking violations and "fix it" tickets that require the alleged violator to either fix it and have it inspected or pay a fine and not have to fix it. In the Los Angeles area where vehicles do not attach either of their plates for years usually get parking or fix it tickets if the officer runs the vin number and discovers that plates were issued. Bottom line, if you can get away with paying a small fine it is probably worth it. Otherwise the velcro idea makes sense. I don't have a front plate either. good luck

Old 06-23-2007, 07:23 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chinaleeexports
In the California cities that have the infamous photo red light programs that take a photo/video of the alleged violator you will see a emphasis on front plate and rear plate enforcement. Most of these cities issue parking violations and "fix it" tickets that require the alleged violator to either fix it and have it inspected or pay a fine and not have to fix it. In the Los Angeles area where vehicles do not attach either of their plates for years usually get parking or fix it tickets if the officer runs the vin number and discovers that plates were issued. Bottom line, if you can get away with paying a small fine it is probably worth it. Otherwise the velcro idea makes sense. I don't have a front plate either. good luck
I just got some velcro seemed like the easiest and fastest way. now just waiting for the plate holder I ordered today.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Topless TTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by justin m
I have gotten two, one on my denali and one on my audi. Both times I took zip ties to hold the plate up, got it signed off, pulled out of the station and cut them right off!! Goodluck.
Ditto...I've done the same thing a couple times past few years. Easiest to do, secure the plate to the front louvers of the vent with zip ties. Just be careful with the plate against the paint. Use felt stick pads on the back of the plate. After you're signed off, cut the zip ties to remove and back in business. Do not have to deal with removing the velcro stuff off the car.

Last edited by Topless TTS; 06-24-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:28 AM
BusyLivin is infamous around these parts
I got one for having a german plate on my audi. I put the legit one one and drove around with it until i happened to spot a cop in a parking lot somewhere. I asked him to inspect it and sign off the fix-it and he was happy to do so. sent the $10 in and took that damn cali one off. kept it off for a week or two, now the german one is back on. end of story!

Velcro will work too. Double sided painters tape, anything to show that you've got the ****er on there. THen you can take it off when the cop leaves.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:27 PM
BLUBYOU is infamous around these parts
The People's Republic of New Jersey has a front license plate law as well. A lot of Porsche drivers do without, but I don't know what their "Tickets Per Mile" ratio is. I don't beleive you get a "Fix It" option in New Jersey. Its a straight out fine.
IMHO, Those tow hook plate holders look awful! Looks like a zit on the lip! I'd go with the Porsche front plate holder before I did that to my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got a ticket for not having...