996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

No 9-second run for me...but I did trap 148 mph:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:06 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Great run Scott! The trap is awsome!

Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Scott,

Nice job!
Nothing broke, you had a good time (albeit shortened), and did an incredible
trap speed. 148 mph is nothing short of amazing. Congrats to you and your
engine builder!

Marty K.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
M-Funf is infamous around these parts
congrats to the boys at protomotive

Old 06-24-2007, 11:07 PM
taizen is infamous around these parts
148MPH Trap at 3500+ lbs =

Old 06-24-2007, 11:31 PM
formulab is infamous around these parts
very nice trap speed scott, definately 9 sec. power. you need some sticky rubber and no banging off rev limiter.not telling u anything new.
hopefully when you get grip nothing will break on ya.

good work and enjoy that fast freakin car.

ps. i finally bought a 996tt, a 2004 with some nice mods and pccb. i work at a bmw, porsche, audi dealer, so they purchased it for me so i can get it certified. i will have it in a couple of days, after we fix an oil leak., so i will post pics soon.

thanks for all your help and advice.

bob.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:05 AM
jrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant future
awsome run scott!!! Get some serious wheels and tyres on that thing and do it AGAIN!

Old 06-25-2007, 06:43 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott! Great trap and at that weight!?! WOW. Can't wait to see your 9.

Did you try building any boost off the line with it? I'm sure you have the potential to cut some sick 60' times once you get it hooked!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:20 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Scott,

Congratulations on a great trap speed! Using a simple acceleration calculator and taking your trap speed and weight it would equate to around 1066 hp!

AWESOME! I love the run in full street trim, my ultimate goal would be to run full weight, street legal tires and 93 octane to a 9.9 quarter mile. Now that would be impressive!

Congrats again!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Congrads great run Scott.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Here's another video. This one shows my first run of the day (the 10.50 @ 145). This was taken by a Cobra owner, buddy of mine.

The 2nd run was my 148 trap, run.

The last run was the run where I mis-shifted and just ended up letting off the throttle and crusing through the traps.

http://media.putfile.com/MIR-2-26

Old 06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Scott, congrats on a great car and a great run!Looks like that setup translates perfectly from dyno to the real world. I am glad to hear nothing broke and I assume you were launching at a relatively sedate RPM. What are your plans now? Are you going to try for 9's and 150 or just enjoy the car. Just plain awesome..... Kevin

Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
That mph is SICK!! Now hunt some of the Supra guys!!!
Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
Very nice trap speed! Your car is a monster on the highway.
Originally Posted by Geetee
That is just sick. Great trap Scott.
Whats next? I know you want to trap 155+.
Thanks, guys.

Actually GeeTee...160+ would be even nicer.

Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
siiiiik trap scott, i would have joined you today bro
I know, man. But the thing is, I had to get permission from someone else to even attend. It was a Cobra and F-body (Chevy) shootout. I didn't even know the event organizer. I knew someone that knew him. If I knew him myself, I would asked if I could bring some other P-car guys.

Originally Posted by EvilEmpire
grats on the Trap Scott.....that is hauling it like not many can
Thanks, Evil.

Originally Posted by Red 9
Scott- how does trap speed formula to HP estimate compare to known dyno numbers-- or HP estimates previously made>?
Very close, Red. My HP calculator says I would need app. 800 rwhp to hit that trap. And considering the weather, I think that's probably about what I was making.

Originally Posted by sy996tt
congrats scott!! that trap is crazy.. i cant imagine feeling that!
Originally Posted by illM3
Scott the trap tells the whole story, big congrats, you have the skill to get it all to mesh.. Goodluck
Thanks Sonny and Martin.

Originally Posted by Sharkster
congrats buddy! with the trap speed we know what it's capable of Just need a good launch.
I'm with you, bro. The thing is, I'm not sure that I want to beat the car up attempting it..

Old 06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Craig
Scott,

As I told you this afternoon, the trap speed speaks volumes. A 148 mph trap is an INCREDIBLE ACHIEVEMENT!!! There is NO DOUBT that, with the right tire and launch, you would be well into the nines. I love the fact that you ran your car in full street trim, just as you drive it to and from work. That means you can replicate your times on the street, if and when some unsuspecting driver insists "Lets get it on."

Kudos my friend. You should be VERY proud!!!

Craig
Thanks, Craig. I thogut about taking out the passenger seat before I left to go to the track yesterday, but then I decided I wanted to run her exactly as I do each day. Sure, 9's would be great and all....but at this point, I just don't want to do what it takes to get them....which is a quite a bit.

Thanks again. I always enjoy getting your take on things.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Dude, your car is a monster. A 9 second run is just a good launch and shift away. You should of told me you were going to run today, I would of met you out there. I probably would of run my 2, just to see what she would do. I took the car for a long drive and ended up at Solomons Island. Great run bro.
Thanks, bro. As I was telling Jason, if I knew the event organizers myself...I would have asked if I could bring some friends along. I just didn't want to push my luck.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Great job, Scott! I love the solid trap

I thought you'd like that, Jamie.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No 9-second run for me...but I did trap 148 mph:)