996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

No 9-second run for me...but I did trap 148 mph:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Acropora
Congrats to you and Protomotive on a killer engine build. This is a package I could see springing for someday.
Thanks, bro.

Originally Posted by MikeR
Very cool, Scott. Congrats on the trap speed.
Originally Posted by phillyM5
Sick trap speed!!
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Great trap Scott! You can't stop now.
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
Great trap!
Josh, Luis, Kenny..thanks, guys.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Nice!!!! I was debating with Joetwint before the run!!! We agreed on low 10's or high 9's . Good Job!! Your trap speed is just a solid as Evoms , Definitly a 9 second car . Now go enjoy your car
Ya...I think that 2nd run was definitely good for low 10's had I not mess it up...but that's how it goes.

Thanks, Tom.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by RobMD99
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by AZexoticlover[/quote
Great run Scott! The trap is awsome!
Originally Posted by M-Funf
congrats to the boys at protomotive
Originally Posted by Taizen
148MPH Trap at 3500+ lbs =
Originally Posted by Jrekucki
awsome run scott!!! Get some serious wheels and tyres on that thing and do it AGAIN!
Thanks a lot, guys.

Originally Posted by Jimmer23
Congrats Scott! Great trap and at that weight!?! WOW. Can't wait to see your 9.

Did you try building any boost off the line with it? I'm sure you have the potential to cut some sick 60' times once you get it hooked!
Thanks, Jimmer. No, didn't try building boost off the line. The tires would have spun instantly.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned
Dan@EVO is infamous around these parts
Well done Scott!

Old 06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
The car definely has a 9 in it, as well as, a 150mph trap. Your car (and Markski's) are badass and I brag on them all of the time to our local domestic wannabee fast guys (exotic haters)

I'm not mad at that 10.4 ET either ...that **** was moving
Thanks, Joe. There were a couple of fast domestics at that shootout. There was a old Mustang GT (the small, square bodystyle) that was hitting 9.30's at 150 or so on MT ET STreets. It was supercharged and very light. Also street-legal.

Also a single turbo trans-am that has hit low 9's before as well.

But my car was definitely the most well-rounded by a longshot.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by buddyg
AWESOME! I love the run in full street trim, my ultimate goal would be to run full weight, street legal tires and 93 octane to a 9.9 quarter mile. Now that would be impressive!

Congrats again!
Thanks, Buddy. Ya...9.9 on 93 in full street trim is a heck of a goal. Time for a TT Viper, maybe?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by joetwint
Awesome car,awesome trap,with that trap it will go nines even with a 1.8x short time .......just need to hook up down the rest of the track.
Thanks a lot, Joe. I'm with you about hooking. Just not sure I want to do what it takes to get there.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by formulab
very nice trap speed scott, definately 9 sec. power. you need some sticky rubber and no banging off rev limiter.not telling u anything new.
hopefully when you get grip nothing will break on ya.

good work and enjoy that fast freakin car.

ps. i finally bought a 996tt, a 2004 with some nice mods and pccb. i work at a bmw, porsche, audi dealer, so they purchased it for me so i can get it certified. i will have it in a couple of days, after we fix an oil leak., so i will post pics soon.

thanks for all your help and advice.

bob.
Congratulations, Bob. Very glad to hear it. The car sounds nice. I look forward to seeing the pics. Thanks for the props.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Indykid
Congrads great run Scott.
Thanks, brother.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Dan@EVO
Well done Scott!
Thank you, Dan.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by KPG
Scott, congrats on a great car and a great run!Looks like that setup translates perfectly from dyno to the real world. I am glad to hear nothing broke and I assume you were launching at a relatively sedate RPM. What are your plans now? Are you going to try for 9's and 150 or just enjoy the car. Just plain awesome..... Kevin
Kevin,

First off, thanks. As far as my plans now...I'll be enjoying the car as much as I can until I leave for Iraq in September. No more dragstrips this year, though.

The car will be headed back down to Proto in Sep to get a few upgrades (possibly another 100 rwhp or so). I'm *hoping* I'll return back from Iraq in time to attend next year's Supra meet in Houston in March. If so, my boy Peter and I will be taking both of our cars down there to run with the big boys.

I may take it the dragstrip during that week. If I do, I'll run different tires. We'll see.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
At this point with the engine rebuilt and everything, do you think you'd go the 3.8 route or strap on some gt35r's? I think i heard that larger injectors are available now so fuel shouldnt be an issue. I love those big single turbo supras and tt vipers that trap 160+ and im not discrediting them at all but personally they dont have the "whole package" to me. Id love to see a daily street driven TT that also traps 160+. Then i'd duplicate your setup .
Also with the bfg dr's not being able to hold up, is there any other street tires in 18's that'll hold up? I thought the nitto's were better. no?

Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Scott you really need the MT drag radials... You need to hook up....
If I were you I would giver it one more try....
good luck.
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by geetee
At this point with the engine rebuilt and everything, do you think you'd go the 3.8 route or strap on some gt35r's? I think i heard that larger injectors are available now so fuel shouldnt be an issue. I love those big single turbo supras and tt vipers that trap 160+ and im not discrediting them at all but personally they dont have the "whole package" to me. Id love to see a daily street driven TT that also traps 160+. Then i'd duplicate your setup .
Also with the bfg dr's not being able to hold up, is there any other street tires in 18's that'll hold up? I thought the nitto's were better. no?
I *may* go to 3.8...but that's the only thing I'm teetering on right now. Different valves and different compressors in my GT30 turbos for sure...along with some tuning...and that may be it for this go-round.

As much as I would like to eventually see 160+ traps...that'll probably take at least another 200 rwhp at my weight. As you probably know...the faster you go (especially over 140), the harder it gets to make trap speed improvements. That's why it takes 3,400 lb Vipers on full slicks 1,500+ rwhp to trap 180.

I expect to see 155+ with this next go-round of mods, max. That said; I won't need larger injectors....just yet. Down the road I will (and yes, I plan on continually upgrading).

IRT the BFG's, they're awesome IMO, and stickier than the Nitto DR's.

The Nittos are popular because they stick 80% as well as the BFG's, but their tread lasts a much longer time on the street. Plus they drive almost like a standard street tire. Great tires for sure.

The stickier the tire, the worse it is to drive on the street. The stickiest by far are the Mickey Thompson ET Streets that some of the other guys have been using. Great on the strip....but they only come in 17 inces...and they SUCK on the street. They're "street legal"...but I would never run them on the street.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-25-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Scott you really need the MT drag radials... You need to hook up....
If I were you I would giver it one more try....
good luck.
mark
I know, man. But I just want to enjoy my car. Maybe next year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No 9-second run for me...but I did trap 148 mph:)