996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

No 9-second run for me...but I did trap 148 mph:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:36 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Vik, ET Street Radials are no good. MT ET Street are a different kettle of fish. Like I said to you before, you want slicks and that measn 15" wheels.
I originally told the guy to order the ET Streets but when i picked them up they were the ET Street Radials. Ive been driving around town and the car seems shakey with the ET street radials, i tried a launch once but left tire marks in 1st, 2nd, 3rd on low boost...

Im going to rush the ET streets to get them for the track.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Wake up and smell the coffee boys, if you want to go drag racing then fit slicks. There's no point in running "how it is on the street" because you are not running on the street.
Some people want to go that extra mile, and some do not. To each his own, brother. To each his own....

Sreets do not offer anywhere near the same traction as a drag strip, so you're kidding yourself that your car can run the equivalent of a 9 second pass on a street.
By the way, my car hooks just as well on the street as it did at the track that day. The track wasn't well prepped at all. Guys that normally hit 10.7's on the same track were hitting 11.0's with the exact same setups and trap speeds.

EDIT: Regarding the BFG Drag Radials...they aren't that bad. Remember, I still beat your times in your M Coupe (both E.T. and trap) when I was at 600 rwhp with a set of 18" BFG's.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-26-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Some peope want to go that extra mile, and some do not. To each his own, brother. To each his own....

By the way, my car hooks just as well on the street as it did at the track that day. The track wasn't well prepped at all. Guys that normally hit 10.7's on the same track were hitting 11.0's with the exact same setups and trap speeds.
I hear you brother, sometimes my local track (WSID .. www.wsid.com.au) is so poorly prepped for street meets that it's really not safe for cars like mine.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
You're missing the point. The muscle car guys would be laughing themselves hoarse that it takes 148 MPH to run a mid 10.

In drag racing, ET is king. High trap speed with relatively poor ET is an embarassment.
Not at all, Kenny. Most everyone that commented complimented my car and how she ran in her configuration. As a matter of fact, here's a quote about my run from a guy with a low 9-second Mustang on a local forum, whom I don't even know...

Nice mph there, and for all things considering the ET isn't bad at all. I mean hell you drive it on the street. Any plans to put some real tires on it and go for the best ET?

BTW that thing just sounds wicked going down the track
I heard no negative comments at all. Either first hand, or second hand.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:11 AM
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SCM3
I originally told the guy to order the ET Streets but when i picked them up they were the ET Street Radials. Ive been driving around town and the car seems shakey with the ET street radials, i tried a launch once but left tire marks in 1st, 2nd, 3rd on low boost...

Im going to rush the ET streets to get them for the track.
Vik the real issue is that you can only fit tiny slicks under an E46 M3. I think 26"x8.5" is the best you can do .. let's fantasize 26"x10" will go under.

That's not enough slick for 1000 bhp. Traction will always be an issue until higher gears. It's not about power any more, it's about how to get traction with tiny slicks.

Go talk to sportsman guys with 1,000 bhp cars. They will have 2600 lb cars and 33"x17" slicks and complain about traction.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jean
......congratulations!
Thank you, Jean!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
You're missing the point. The muscle car guys would be laughing themselves hoarse that it takes 148 MPH to run a mid 10.

In drag racing, ET is king. High trap speed with relatively poor ET is an embarassment.

This takes nothing away from Scott's skills; the car is on it's shakedown passes and there is more to come. Just get it into perspective from a drag racing point of view.
100% so true!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !

This takes nothing away from Scott's skills; the car is on it's shakedown passes and there is more to come. Just get it into perspective from a drag racing point of view.
Oh I don't think I am missing the point, I saw some domestics doing wheelstands that couldn't break into the low 10's, so if some POORSH outran me with a little flat 6 I would have some comments to make.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Oh I don't think I am missing the point, I saw some domestics doing wheelstands that couldn't break into the low 10's, so if some POORSH outran me with a little flat 6 I would have some comments to make.
Buddy, you definitely are missing the point. Those cars are pulling wheelstands with a lot less than 800 rwhp :-)

Old 06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Well we can agree to disagree if I had a big block Camaro doing wheelstands and getting beat by a Porsche with a flat 6 I would be amazed regardless of horsepower, trap speed or ET.

Just like I would be amazed if a 4 cyclinder Honda outran my Porsche which I know they are out there.

I understand what you are saying but our tt's were not designed for drags. Take that same big block Camaro on a road course and see what happens.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Buddy, you definitely are missing the point. Those cars are pulling wheelstands with a lot less than 800 rwhp :-)
Sure they are.. with solid rear ends... full slicks.... launch control and or antilag/ 2 step.... built TH 400s with 3 gears geared for the track. etc...
300 shot of NOS off the line... Im not surprised.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Vik the real issue is that you can only fit tiny slicks under an E46 M3. I think 26"x8.5" is the best you can do .. let's fantasize 26"x10" will go under.

That's not enough slick for 1000 bhp. Traction will always be an issue until higher gears. It's not about power any more, it's about how to get traction with tiny slicks.

Go talk to sportsman guys with 1,000 bhp cars. They will have 2600 lb cars and 33"x17" slicks and complain about traction.
The current MT ET street radials im running is 27/540/17, they feel wavey on the freeway and they still leave down tire patches in 3rd (on the street) on low boost.

Im ordering the MT ET streets 26X11.50-17LT right now just to use for track.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:22 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Forget cars, start racing BIKES (and I'm talking about Hayabusas, not 600cc crap).

Old 06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
2fas4u is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'm confident with a set of 17" MT street slicks, some weight removal, and a few more launches....the car would do very, very well.

But it's done drag-racing. Well, for now at least.
yes i see one of those (builds), in my future as soon as i can convince my wife how i need one. I think for rest and realxing, yeah i think she'll go for that, how could she not.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Forget cars, start racing BIKES (and I'm talking about Hayabusas, not 600cc crap).
Ha...I realy want to. Never seem to find any going my way though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No 9-second run for me...but I did trap 148 mph:)